Raid Strategy - 5% turn meter when he is damaged

Rancor gains 5% turn meter when he is damaged?

Count Dooku/FOTP:
As Rancor gets 5% turn meter upon getting hit, is Count Dooku/FOTP a liability to all of my characters as I will get fewer turns? Should he be on my C squad so my A characters get to hit more?

Rey:
Is the same concept true or not for Rey when she does 3 hits or is this only counting as 1 hit? She doesn't visually look like she is getting 3 turns, so is this different than Dooku/FOTP or not?

Is Speed the wrong meta in Raiding? In most game modes we look for the highest Damage / Speed (DPS). But in raiding should we be more focused on just Damage per turn due to the above concept?
Is RP one of the better characters for this (don't have him yet)?

It would be helpful if we knew how much speed Rancor had without these TM adders to really dissect who is the meta of Rancor (other than Ewoks).

The best way to look a this is to do a round of rancor and back out and change out just one character and see your result. I think I better without Dooku in my best squads, what about you guys?

After doing swaps, I find that Captain Phasma is underrated in Rancor. His slow and defense down really provides a big boost to the overall damage of the group (however his damage isn't good).

Healers feel like they are helping you last longer, but don't really move the needle. I put them in because I have them, but they don't increase my damage vs. other characters.

Anyone else have other views?

One other nit. Why isn't there a section on here for raiding? It's probably 50% of all of the posts on this board...

Replies

• Koursk
    10 posts Member
    Options
    Did you get any answer to your questions about dooku and the 5%?
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Options
    Speed is definitely the wrong meta. Turn meter reduction is the 'meta'. If you are able to do some damage while removing TM that is better in most cases than doing a lot of damage and granting TM. The only exceptions are T7 raids where it's all about the DPS and characters who do SO much damage that the TM reduces can't keep up. Rey falls into that category. IG-88/86 might as well. Leia, because she does multiple attacks more frequently than Rey, has less utility because of it.