5* Vader in day 1 hard release server

Ok guys, as the title states, I'm on a day 1 hard release server. I recently obtained the 5* on my Vader. Normally I wouldn't half way consider a 5* on my server. However I just went against one who obliterated my lineup. Now granted, it was an all Empire squad. With that being said, I have Tarkin at 4* from when I first Started. I just got to level 77, so tomorrow I will start getting RG on Cantina as well as hard nodes. So... I have an empire possibility, but I'm not really looking to do an Empire squad.

If I maxed (as much as i can max) Vader, my lineup would be:

7*Phasma lead
7*Lumi
7*IG86 (omega upgrade)
7* GS
5* Vader

The 5* Vader has a possible power of 6115 if not more. The Vader I just faced had that power, with 17k protection as well as 17k health and 826 strength.

I just don't know if he was such a world beater because he was on an Empire squad. And its going to be a multi million credit upgrade, as well as probably 40 or so purple mats.

Anyone else have their 5* Vader powered above 6k? How do you like his play?

Replies

• Options
    I have Vader at 5* and 25/85. I wasn't planning on rolling him out until 6*. I don't have the complimentary puzzle pieces for him yet anyway. Will be interested to hear people's thoughts on this topic.
  • Speaker4thedead
    444 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have Vader at 5* and 25/85. I wasn't planning on rolling him out until 6*. I don't have the complimentary puzzle pieces for him yet anyway. Will be interested to hear people's thoughts on this topic.

Yeah, the one I just fought was with an empire squad, so I image he got a boost from them. But the power rating of 6115 speaks for itself. Especially since my 7* IG86 with Omega upgrade has a power rating of 5812 (I'm 10 short of the cuffs)
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    Options
    @Speaker4thedead what was the rest of the empire squad level and line up like?
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Power ratings are misleading so when you say it 'speaks for itself' I'm not sure what you mean. For example at level 70 Tuscan Raider was one of my highest power rated toons with 7*/70/max gear.

He is a very 'meh' character (5th best assister) and hasn't really improved with the update. Viable in a few scenarios but mostly relegated to GW fodder and Raids for his TM reduction.

With Vader's HP he's probably workable in an all-empire team especially with Tarkin lead to give him a speed boost. Plus the recent change to re-enable death by dots helps him (not to mention the high number of taunting tanks). But he still hits like a girl unless someone has a bunch of dots.
  • christopher152003
    381 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Yeah, the one I just fought was with an empire squad, so I image he got a boost from them. But the power rating of 6115 speaks for itself. Especially since my 7* IG86 with Omega upgrade has a power rating of 5812 (I'm 10 short of the cuffs)

You'd hate my omega upgraded NSI then lol. 23k HP 17k Protection rating of 7475 she''ll be over 8200 once i get her GL10.

• Toxique
    32 posts Member
    Options
    His ability block from his basic procs very often and is really reliable and useful imo. He can certainly wreck a toon with dots and his culling blade and with a kill he goes again. Very viable @ 5 star.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    Vader is very strong even at 5 stars. I use him in my arena team and sit at #1 most of the time. He has the highest single damage attack in the game (when set up correctly) with culling blade and his dots are great for wearing down the other teams protection/ hp's. Ability block on basic is very useful as well. He is tanky at gear 9 and is a great addition to almost any squad even outside of an empire team in my opinion.
  • Djbz
    251 posts Member
    Options
    Vader is a beast.
    Although the AI does somtimes mess up his abilities (doing the saber throw before force crush for example
    Tenacity plus and/or Debuff cleansing characters hard counter him though
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    Options

I am in the same boat, because I read dev notes and they say Vader is purposely nerfed until 6, due to exploit (not sure what kind of exploit).

I use vader in GW, I *KNOW* he rocks his health pool is a tad low because he is only 5*. I pretty much check my Vader like EVERY day for shards, that is the one character I am looking forward to leveling... I know he will be awesome, no doubt.

• mccif16
    114 posts Member
    Options
    TR with 55% chance 50% TM reduction and assist call on every other turn with 30k+ Hp/protection is a beast