Omega 5's G9 maxed, not impressed

2Next

Replies

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    RU486 wrote: »
    Alexone wrote: »
    I think everyone in this thread is friggin nuts. If you lose your stunners in GW and don't have a solid bench, you can say goodbye to that GW if you face Omega CT5s. To go from not being OP to not impressed...ridiculous!
    So you're saying people should learn to play so they dont keep losing their players, I totally agree.

You really are being ridiculous, just stop it with your 'not impressed' threads. You're not fooling anybody! I don't want to see him nerfed because i farm for him and i will get him eventually, but don't be ridiculous ok? He is THE meta. Period!
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    If the dude hit hard yeah I could see people crying but the fact is he doesnt hit hard, people see him go twice in a row and think thats he is destroying them, no worries hes not.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    I think everyone in this thread is friggin nuts. If you lose your stunners in GW and don't have a solid bench, you can say goodbye to that GW if you face Omega CT5s. To go from not being OP to not impressed...ridiculous!
    So you're saying people should learn to play so they dont keep losing their players, I totally agree.

You really are being ridiculous, just stop it with your 'not impressed' threads. You're not fooling anybody! I don't want to see him nerfed because i farm for him and i will get him eventually, but don't be ridiculous ok? He is THE meta. Period!
    LOL this is the first and only not impressed thread I ever made and its 100% accurate

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    If the dude hit hard yeah I could see people crying but the fact is he doesnt hit hard, people see him go twice in a row and think thats he is destroying them, no worries hes not.

He hits for 6k total when he hits twice in a row. Also i think you underestimate what speed down does. Also i didn't count his crits. Also i didn't count how he does with offense up! Also...
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    I worry more about omega Daka that omega 5's
  • Options
    Only thing I will say about Fives is that I don't think he should get a second attack if the target is already slowed. If he applies the debuff then yeah, but not if the target is already slowed.

As far as fighting him. If I see him in GW I just use Yoda, battle meditation and he's toast. That's if he doesn't get stunned.

If I see him arena I just leave him for last and try to stun him. I make sure I keep Rey's Leverage Handy because she does a ton of damage and tosses up foresight so he can't counter her.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    So the secret is you kill him when it's fives and the leader left. Dooku, Ben, Phasma can all be ignored. Then you attack fives with your asisters, stunners, and foresight chars. Having your others and hose cooling down attack the other one that's left.

This way you limit the number of fives counters.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    So the secret is you kill him when it's fives and the leader left. Dooku, Ben, Phasma can all be ignored. Then you attack fives with your asisters, stunners, and foresight chars. Having your others and hose cooling down attack the other one that's left.

This way you limit the number of fives counters.

This is exactly what i do in Arena! It's suicide to basic him all the time. I hope there are other secrets!
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    It's the only "secret" you need. A single thought towards threat management and the problem isn't a problem.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    medetec wrote: »
    It's the only "secret" you need. A single thought towards threat management and the problem isn't a problem.

I don't have Daka ok? By the time i can do this it's usually old ben and ct5s left, because that's what i face. And my RG is long gone, CT 5s makes sure of that. Bringing Luminara in is not good, she can't heal RG fast enough. And we are talking about gear 9 RG here not just any RG. Yoda is still alive but it's not enough! So i need more!
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options

It's funny that characters that force you to think about are always OP.

RG and fives being the two most notable. Instead mashing the keypad you think a bit.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Ok i give up. Can't wait to get him and auto all my pvp battles. So better not nerf him lol.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options

I don't have Daka ok? By the time i can do this it's usually old ben and ct5s left, because that's what i face. And my RG is long gone, CT 5s makes sure of that. Bringing Luminara in is not good, she can't heal RG fast enough. And we are talking about gear 9 RG here not just any RG. Yoda is still alive but it's not enough! So i need more!

I don't actually use Daka myself. I kill Fives the old fashioned way by just trading hits with another character. Light attacks on the extra, big attacks on Fives. No stuns or heals involved.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

I don't actually use Daka myself. I kill Fives the old fashioned way by just trading hits with another character. Light attacks on the extra, big attacks on Fives. No stuns or heals involved.

It's ok! I am working on Rey as well. I just hope and pray they don't listen to the other guys here and nerf her damage. They can nerf her speed back to 143, i don't have a problem with that. But not her damage. Not when we will face gear 10 Kit Fistos and Aayla Securas and CT5s. Because then everyone will be screaming and throwing empty threats into the air! But not a lot of people faced those types of teams yet, they don't know what's coming!
  • Options
    He may not help my def, but let's be honest, most defences are a joke.
    His threat is if the rest of your guys severely weaken the enemy. He can easilly mop up.
  • Beau
    14 posts Member
    Options
    I've been using Fives in my arena squad for a while now. And he's saved my butt countless times. 2 on 1, and even a few 3 on 1. Can he be easily taken out, sure! Just don't save him for last when most of you team is low on health. If that's the case then he'll destroy you. The only one on one that I've lost with him was a full Savage.
  • HouTex81
    16 posts Member
    Options
    With Fives save a toon like Old Ben to be in the final 2. Then use your basics on Old Ben (or whoever) and save your specials for attacking Fives.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    Options
    Jaybayblay wrote: »
    Yeah glad to see mods responding like their typical selves.

I rank 1 often in my server against many whales and I hardly have trouble against 5's but even I know he's the new bread and butter for high ranking noobs who follow the 'top arena meta' who lack any creativity or strategy to create their own team :D by the way I rank 1 against varieties of RG Gear 9 7* teams sometimes with CT5's while I'm using a 5* yoda but even I know that it's unfair for other noobs who want to do well in rank. I know for a fact that his total amount of attacks in any arena match amounts the highest of any other toon thus making his DPS in the span of one battle too much :)

The key to beating him is to target him last but by that time if the rest of your toons happen to have half hp then he'll take them all out no problem. Took me 2 arena matches to figure how to avoid coming across this situation but like I said many others won't figure it out so it's generally unfair for most, not me though :D

Hasn't happened to my server yet but when you pair fives with say sunfac(55k hp/protection!),aayla,rg,fisto,leia,old ben,rex etc you have to go through 150k-200k worth of hp/protection before getting to the dps.

People can design teams to funnel your attacks to counter attackers while princess pew pew is double/triple tapping you.Can't rely on RG because sunfac dispels him every turn and taunts with a 50% chance of counter attacking and a 100% chance to inflict offense down(before factoring tenacity)

• Options
    I run a Jedi squad and have only been beat by Fives once, and it was from some incredible RNG. Every other time I still have at least Old Ben and Mace left.

He's a non-issue.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    ppl just start to shout NERF when they cant beat a toon. And after they mastered beating that toon act like its not that big of a deal. fun stuff
    Save water, drink champagne!