What do you think about the GW turn meter changes?

Prev1
JHGRAHAM
15 posts Member
edited May 2016
You now carry your turn meter over from battle to battle in Galactic War. Is this a good change?

What do you think about the GW turn meter changes? 198 votes

It is a good change
47%
JJHTheRenegadeIvoB1987CazaanKhorvog_KarbossaBoro_Smooth1SlewfootMurTeldjlottCronozNLPsiReyalpCobrasManoIamTexbenacrowKAULIFoojLianaraunit900000SlevinBurger 95 votes
No good
22%
MelvilclhsShadowHoundAlgrenMegadeth3700EleiemPresident_ScroobSingleton28BoxandthefuzzPetrozzabobbadettprimeAltoon33LaLiamCookieCrisppBweeks122Meese_RancherRFCBrekabirvvriHunterXJD 45 votes
"Meh"
29%
GenakumaSaetetBoraCharlesbusaTakKrokovichI_WANT_YODAKrixGwonkinfectiouszombieSlylerpapnworsLegoLegs_Big_RussvitoontoRU486InternetSwagPadmeNaugrinmel 58 votes

Replies

• Options
    "Meh"
    I didn't lose a single toon. I utilized 1 healer.

GW is less of a chore now I guess and more akin to something we just faceroll like challenges for rewards.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    It is a good change
    Seems like 4 slow and hard hitters plus Phasma can just plow through enemies
  • Fitz
    302 posts Member
    Options
    It is a good change
    People were complaining it is too difficult. That change makes it easier...
  • Options
    It is a good change
    When did this happen? I noticed this afternoon that I was able to go for almost two turns before the enemy attacked me.

Made me faceroll through the last two bronze-silver-gold groups.

I say it is a good change now... when I finally get a deep bench, I likely would be less selfish and say it makes it a chore like everything else... so don't change it for a couple months :smiley:

I could swear this morning it was the same ole GW; so I'm guessing we got an update this afternoon?
  • K1ngYoda
    203 posts Member
    Options
    No good
    i find it very puzzling that now Health, Protection levels, Cooldowns and turn meter all carries from one round to the next.....but not buffs.

At least let positive status' carry forward as well
    “Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing …”

– Yoda
  • Options
    I like the change but I think it is a bug that won't last because it wasn't announced. If it isn't a bug then why do the devs continuously withhold information from the patch notes?
  • Options
    It is a good change
    Made GW much easier, people should be happy
  • Options
    No good
    I don't notice any change in difficulty. Still having a tough time
  • IamTex
    44 posts Member
    Options
    It is a good change
    If protection and health carry over from battle to battle, only makes sense that turn meter would as well. And buffs and debuffs, to be honest.
  • JediMindTricks
    1077 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    It is a good change
    Today was the first time I haven't become extremely frustrated since the guild/raid update with GWs. I still had to use a suicide team to complete it and that is ok. The algorithms I picked ran much smoother today than the past week and a half. For now I can deal with these changes to GWs.
  • Options
    Made it too easy but it saves me time so it's good and bad imo
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    It is a good change
    Step in the right direction.
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Options
    It is a good change
    It's logical, since special move cool downs carry over, why not TM. Makes the concept of "suicide squads" less compelling. But overall, I like it.
  • Options
    Idk was super easy. Dooku. Daka. Qgj. Rey. And GS.

Ran the whole thing without retreat or even using dakas heal a single time...lost dooku and GS in final battle but could of healed em with daka..instead wanted to see if could finish no heal full clear.
  • Options
    "Meh"
    With 34.5k Arena power, I get some tough opponents that I cannot use suicide squads on anymore as the opponents TM gets carried over as well. It has actually gotten even harder for me, which is bad, when even before I always faced Rey&Leia G9/10 teams on multiple nodes... There has to be a working way to bring balance to GW, this is not it for me.
  • Options
    No good
    It's pitifully easy now. Made it all the way through with one retreat with an underwhelming team of
    5* Barris lead
    7* kylo, magmatrooper, lumi, res pilot. All G8
    It's pretty easy when Kylo or Res pilot get to go twice before the enemy team because of a full turn meter and magmas aoe. Kinda makes magmatrooper useful though.
  • Algren
    306 posts Member
    Options
    No good
    even more boring than it was before. Thanks guys.

There is literally no point to being good at this game, as all you need to do to progress is be crap, complain, and wait for them to nerf everything for you,

You devs really need a new ethos, may I suggest "if it aint broke, DON'T FIX IT". So many character bugs in this game that have persisted since the start, and they don't touch them, but instead **** about with things that make it worse.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    It is a good change
    True no one is ever pleased but this "hold my hand please" mentality is annoying.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Algren
    306 posts Member
    Options
    No good
    You guys who think it's too easy then I suppose you don't need the rewards that come with it then? For many folks who previously found it hard now doable, then it's good for them because they can obtain credits to progress now. You guys are never pleased, always has something to whine and complain about.

Quite the exact oppostie, i think its far too easy and really need the rewards, so am just annoyed they don't make it harder and better rewards. Seriously, the point of gw is it uses your whole squad, without refreshes i could use my whole squad and complete this about 100 times, no joke. But there is no advantage to that, it **** me off they pander to the poorer players who arent completing it so they can get more creds, but then those who can complete get nothing extra. They should add on about 12 more nodes imo, and in each subsequent one add in another toon so its 5v6, then 5v7, so then we can push ourselves and go for really decent rewards but fall short. I prefered gw when i didnt complete it every day on a whim!
  • Options
    No good
    Algren wrote: »
    You guys who think it's too easy then I suppose you don't need the rewards that come with it then? For many folks who previously found it hard now doable, then it's good for them because they can obtain credits to progress now. You guys are never pleased, always has something to whine and complain about.

Quite the exact oppostie, i think its far too easy and really need the rewards, so am just annoyed they don't make it harder and better rewards. Seriously, the point of gw is it uses your whole squad, without refreshes i could use my whole squad and complete this about 100 times, no joke. But there is no advantage to that, it **** me off they pander to the poorer players who arent completing it so they can get more creds, but then those who can complete get nothing extra. They should add on about 12 more nodes imo, and in each subsequent one add in another toon so its 5v6, then 5v7, so then we can push ourselves and go for really decent rewards but fall short. I prefered gw when i didnt complete it every day on a whim!

I'm glad you are a minority opinion
  • Algren
    306 posts Member
    Options
    No good

Some of us have a life outside this game!!!!!

I mean, you have 4 times as many posts as me on the forum... Yet find gw hard... Don't confuse level of competence with time spent playing. But we're getting off topic here so lets leave it. Oh, and attack the pigs if you haven't yet! :,)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    "Meh"

Some of us have a life outside this game!!!!!

congratulations.
    Why play a game if you dont have time to play the game ? because you only want to play 2 times a day when you are taking a dump doesnt mean the developers should decrease the time it takes to progress. Not finishing GW is also an option, if you are too busy, why care about the slower progress ?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Slewfoot
    910 posts Member
    Options
    It is a good change
    I love it, so much less painful
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    Options
    It is a good change
    Seems good after 1 day.
  • Options
    Yeah it's fine so long as you can clear it with one squad. If you wipe a team or suicide enough you WILL get pinched by a 30k team with full TM while you have none.
  • Options
    No good
    Just posted about this... It's terrible... I set my team up so poggle gives offense up to my glass cannons and they can take out the biggest threat... Now often my cannons go before poggle and cannot take down dangers... Then my healers go to mitigate any damage but if they have tm and they go first they go 7th or 8th instead of 4th... By then it's too late!
  • Options
    "Meh"
    I consistently run the full length, so it doesn't bother me.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Krokovich
    292 posts Member
    Options
    "Meh"
    I consistently run the full length, so it doesn't bother me.

This.