What do you think about the GW turn meter changes?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    "Meh"
    I like the advantage given to the weaker/more beat up team. My Ewoks tore through up to node 11 today vs usually 6 or 7. Less of a chore for sure. Less of a challenge as well. I'm ok with both :)
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Gankak
    226 posts Member
    Options
    It is a good change
    My droid says thank you....GW is fun again. I like to change my teams and experiment with different combo's.
  • Galdin_Wan
    589 posts Member
    Options
    "Meh"
    I haven't lost a toon since they changed it. I used to look at the lineup for a particular nod and have to think about what kind of team I needed, or sometimes retreat and rethink a strategy.

Breezed through with one team last two days.
  • Crusader
    36 posts Member
    Options
    You know what would fix GW - every node is an Arena fight - both teams start with full health and the **** shield (still want to see the developer who came up with that whipped on national TV - I'llpay good money for it), and all skills/cooldowns/turnmeters at base (whatever that happens to be).
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    No good
    This just nullifies all testing i can do in GW. They have taken away 1 of the 2 reasons I play Gw.
    The other was credits.

Thanks for making it easier at the cost of it being similar to Arena.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    It is a good change
    Option A: Your team's turn meter starts above 0 every node and your enemies' at 0.
    In other words, you are guaranteed to act first and more often than the enemy.

Option B: Your turn meter starts at 0 every node and your enemies' at 0.
    [0 plus starting tics based on Speed]

WHY WOULD YOU EVER CHOOSE OPTION B?
    Yeah it's fine so long as you can clear it with one squad. If you wipe a team or suicide enough you WILL get pinched by a 30k team with full TM while you have none.

They won't have full TM...they'll have 0 plus starting tics..same as you.
    Your "worst case scenario OMG this is so awful" fresh start is what you are voting for every time, every node, forever.

This is why you run all your squads at the beginning once...so when you take them out of storage later, they have Turn Meter already.

If you usually need to use 15 guys to get through GW then use 10 of them in the first 2 (easiest) Nodes and then put them on the bench.

Also your ultimate farming/leveling/gearing/promoting goal SHOULD BE TO GET THROUGH GW WITH ONE SQUAD. Therefore, voting against that is voting against your own interests.

Nobody should be sitting there thinking "Hey, GW is really hard and takes me 25 guys to get through and I just love it, I hope it can be like this forever!" Everybody should be hoping to run a single squad someday and benefit.

Either way, just use your B/C/D team characters early and then put them on the bench with TM.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    It is a good change
    Great. I get a lot more use out of slower toons. This makes it more fun. And GW is faster and easier. This makes it more fun, too. What is not to like?
  • Faff2D2
    253 posts Member
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    Great. I get a lot more use out of slower toons. This makes it more fun. And GW is faster and easier. This makes it more fun, too. What is not to like?

Haters gonna hate. There's nothing not to like. Yes, if you're going to change your squad, things get tougher. As it should be IMO.
  • ROCKEY
    20 posts Member
    Options
    No good
    Just dont use suicide team ever again, or you will be crashed....
  • ModeratusImperialis
    353 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    It is a good change
    Not too sure what it means yet. But the last two or three GWs before the change were hard even on my 25+ well geared and relatively well levelled roster towards the end. As per usual my arena team plowed through 2/3rds with relative ease but then in the last one before changes i lost 20+ toons to some extremely good team comps and toons.

If someone with less resources came up against that I imagine that would have been very frustrating. Especially with GW being so huge for creds and extra goodies.

Edit. Oh and now since the change I am back to losing a toon or two or a few more if opposition is particularily rough.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    No good
    I gotta be honest, i just auto'd through 24 Gw battles in half an hour. Standard teams.

Thanks for the change, i will start doing it again now...
    {RotE}
  • Lasserini
    274 posts Member
    Options
    "Meh"
    Whenever GW becomes slightly interesting we can be guaranteed that they will nerf it into auto-mode again.

No big deal, sligthly faster & much easier now. Boring, but efficient I suppose.
  • val3nt1n0
    20 posts Member
    Options
    "Meh"
    The turn meter is not a huge deal... The worst part about Galactic War now is PROTECTION! Players take much longer time to finish battles and it only takes 2 (max) battles to finish off the protection of your toons and it'll not come back for the rest of the battles while your following battles' opponents have their full protection.