Arena Rank Jumps #13 --> #1

Darivon
134 posts Member
edited January 2016
Heya,
As of today i can confirm that it is indeed possible to rankswap with someone beyond the normal range of opponents.
As long as you tab out/leave the game at the match selection screen you can simply battle whoever you are seeing as possible opponents regardless of your current rank.
E.g. today at my cutoff i was about to rankswap with #1 from #4 but "someone was eganged in a battle with me". I continiously hit #1 till i was able to get in a match. After i won that match the previous #1 was at #13 while a new face was sitting at #4.
(Sorry Vaexqua Grupen, didn't mean to kick you down to 13. You made it back tho, in time. Good and close matches dude!)
If this is not intended a fix would be appreciated.
If this is working as intended .. well then .. huge jumps incoming i guess.
Happy New Year
Post edited by Darivon on

Replies

• Options
    It's very true I hit #392 and When I refreshed I saw #374, I would have beaten them, but it's obvious that P2W no skill whale bought the end of year pack and how am I supposed to compete with the guardian combo.

We should prolly nerf the royal guardian!

;)

Happy New Year everyone!
    :D
  • Darivon
    134 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    It's very true I hit #392 and When I refreshed I saw #374, I would have beaten them, but it's obvious that P2W no skill whale bought the end of year pack and how am I supposed to compete with the guardian combo.

We should prolly nerf the royal guardian!

;)

Hmmm... ?
    You didn't get the point right. Nice try tho. ;)
    All i was saying is that it IS possible to Jump from #13 to #1 in ONE Match, if you get knocked down.(In case you didn't know: Normally the highest possible Jump from #13 is to #4) I for one was pretty surprised the first time i got knocked down from #1 to like #20+ in ONE match.
    Not sure what else you read into it. I am pretty content with sitting at #1 - #3 for the past couple of weeks at my cutoff time.
    6xfKAkc.jpg
    Not bragging, Yugo is usually first. Just so that we are on the same page.
    Post edited by Darivon on
  • Options
    This makes sense to me since someone was likely engaged in battle with you at 4 when you engaged with numero uno. You beat him at the same time someone beat your team. Since the person who attack you earned #4 the #1 can't get that slot so he's relegated all the way back to #13.
  • Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    This makes sense to me since someone was likely engaged in battle with you at 4 when you engaged with numero uno. You beat him at the same time someone beat your team. Since the person who attack you earned #4 the #1 can't get that slot so he's relegated all the way back to #13.

Yeah, excatly !
    As long as you don't refresh and leave the game at the match selection screen you can battle whoever you want at the time you return to the game. Regardless of how many ranks you lost.
    Means theoretically you could rankswap with ANYONE from ANYWHERE on the ladder, as long as you previously were able to select them for a match.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »

You can't engage person B if person A is already attacking you. Or at least, I get messages saying that.
    However I have seen odd jumps myself.
    I do know that when I have sat at the "Matches" screen too long and tried to attack I have gotten messages like "your rank is no longer valid" or "your opponent's rank is no longer valid". So I am not sure how this is working.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »

You can't engage person B if person A is already attacking you. Or at least, I get messages saying that.
    However I have seen odd jumps myself.
    I do know that when I have sat at the "Matches" screen too long and tried to attack I have gotten messages like "your rank is no longer valid" or "your opponent's rank is no longer valid". So I am not sure how this is working.
    Yeah i get the same messages when "someone is engaged in a battle with you" = you can't do anything.
    I mean after they re done fighting you, and you are still sitting at the "Matches" screen, as long as you don't refresh you still see #1,2 and 3 as possible opponents ( from the 4th position in this example ) even tho you are actually somewhere else on the ladder. Means you can STILL engage in a battle with them.
    I've never gotten those other two messages you mentioned but that could be cause i was usually refreshing all the time when i was climbing the ladder. Sounds logic tho. Means those jumps are probably time sensitve.
    Yeah i'm not sure how this is working as well. Needs more testing. I just see all kinds of weird jumps on my ladder.
  • Options
    There is a chance..if you happens to get to NO.1 and get knocked down to top 15...you could see No.1 again straight away...happened to me few times...you just need to get to No.1 around 4pm-6pm...

ps: this case not limited to no.1 only...no 2-5 also possible
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    If this is true it is a bug and/or exploit and I certainly will not take advantage of it (though it explains some odd behavior I have seen). @EA_Jesse @CG_AaronNemoyten this may be something you guys want to look into.
  • Options
    Yea, I bumped someone from 1 to 22 right before reward time once and I felt a little bad.
  • Darivon
    134 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Okay, did some testing.
    It appears it's pretty rare / random and dependent on luck or something.
    When you are at the "Matches" screen and select one of the three possible opponents (e.g. #1,2 and 3 from the 4th position ) you get the message "someone is already engaged in a battle with you" and get back to the "Matches" screen. When they're done fighting/beating you it seems sometimes/(usually?) the game refreshes automatically and you are presented 3 new opponents to chose from depending on you current rank.
    BUT it CAN happen that you STILL see #1,2 and 3 and can engage in a battle with them.
    Now again it appears that SOMETIMES you THEN get a message like "your rank is no longer valid" or " your opponents rank is no longer valid" ( if they also got bumped while you were waiting to get in a match ). Got one of the two today.
    @Qeltar My idea behind this was by no means a possible explanation for green stromtroopers with 9k squadpower rankswapping with #1 from 20+ without ever being there. That's a total different story and as CG_JohnSalera (Btw this is a thread with "more information about the (one of the?) sniping issues" that were mentioned ) explained in another thread will be addressed "very soon".
    The idea behind this thread was actually something to give people means "To fight em back!" in case some stromtrooper swapped with YOU from rank #1 to 20+ close to your cutoff time, so that you could still be able to get a reward for #2,3 or 4 when you were at the match selection screen at that time.
    Due to it's random nature it seems this is not a valid strategy for protecting you from getting bumped down too far tho. Not to mention that it could be not intended to still be able to see your previous opponents anyway.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    @Darivon - wasn't trying to accuse you of anything, I just worry about more people who read the forums learning how to do this, while most of their opponents won't know what is happening.
  • Options
    Exploits are bad have some self dignity and don't use them.
  • Darivon
    134 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @Qeltar Heh yeah i know that you didn't refer to me personally no worries, all good.
    This was just an idea mostly for people on my leaderboard cause we got one of those "green stormtroopers swapping with anyone from anywhere" dudes. Who was mentioned in various threads by various people here on the forum and who is actually not green anymore and after almost a month now has a decent squad and newer players probably won't be able to see the difference between him and the normal folks. ( Hopefully the devs still can )
    To just not refresh and fight back, rankswapping with someone close to your target rank and thus still getting some reward. Sadly it's not that simple.