[Video] Team Instinct - Start to Finish Heroic Rancor Kill (full zerg)

Prev134
Alita
474 posts
edited May 2016
Hi all ^_^

So, people like info, and they like seeing things... so, here's a video. Our general strat is even posted at the start of the video ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56VcVzPu01A

This is the full raid, but sped up a bit. 20 minutes was too long, nobody has time for that.

It's now 14 minutes, and the last 2.5 minutes of it are just screens of the characters that were used during the raid, so you can see gear and ability levels.

TI is a bunch of whales, and full zerg works. If you're not working with large rosters, I would avoid running battles on auto. TI kills the rancor so fast that many members run battles on auto to try and get more runs in.

Phase 1 is where you're going to gain the most damage during the raid, and is what determines your final leaderboard placement. If you have a bad phase 1, or just miss it, you're not going to be able to reach the top of the leaderboard (probably).

A lot of information was provided in this thread, with more details on strats being provided in the comments. READ THE LINKED THREAD FOR VALUABLE INFORMATION IF YOU'RE NOT A WHALE GUILD WITH A GIANT ROSTER.
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/36901/tier-7-raiding-heroic-rancor-you

Feel free to ask any questions and things. I'm sure TI members will hop in and answer them ^_^

edit: this isn't a "hey, look at us" video. it's meant to provide information on damage numbers, hp, and to allow guilds that haven't attempted t7 to see the fight. information is valuable, and allows you to make better plans prior to engaging. again, please read the thread that I linked above to get more information on suggested strats (it's in the comments).
Post edited by Alita on

Replies

• AlwaysABigerFish
    1175 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Why do you get more damage in phase 1?
    Edit: never mind, I posted before watching the video
  • Whalet
    1 posts Member
    Options
    Where is the link to the video
  • mccif16
    114 posts Member
    Options
    Epic
  • Options
    Awesome. Thanks for sharing, @Alita
  • Whiteroom
    303 posts Member
    Options
    It looks like there is no battle limit to Tier 7. Is that correct? Just can keep going till you have no characters left to fight with?
  • Options
    Nice vid!

Go @yendor !
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    What does 'zerg' mean?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    What does 'zerg' mean?

Go as fast as possible just doing massive damage. The ability to do it indicates underpowered content.

Honestly, and this is not a knock on TI, seeing this makes me sad. And also happy that I am not a whale.

The raid is the first content in this game that for me is an actual challenge and requires me to make plans, learn strategy, spend time trying combos, and make tough decisions about who to farm. If I were at the point of autoing through it in 30 minutes after just 2 weeks, I'd be back to having nothing fun to do.

It's a great accomplishment for them to have reduced this to triviality so fast. It is a failure on CG's part that they didn't playtest this sufficiently to provide a tier that would challenge the whale guilds they knew would be created.

We apparently need a tier 8. Even if the rewards are only slightly better, these guys should have something that will keep their interest. This is obviously not it.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Alexone wrote: »
    What does 'zerg' mean?

Go as fast as possible just doing massive damage. The ability to do it indicates underpowered content.

Honestly, and this is not a knock on TI, seeing this makes me sad. And also happy that I am not a whale.

The raid is the first content in this game that for me is an actual challenge and requires me to make plans, learn strategy, spend time trying combos, and make tough decisions about who to farm. If I were at the point of autoing through it in 30 minutes after just 2 weeks, I'd be back to having nothing fun to do.

It's a great accomplishment for them to have reduced this to triviality so fast. It is a failure on CG's part that they didn't playtest this sufficiently to provide a tier that would challenge the whale guilds they knew would be created.

We apparently need a tier 8. Even if the rewards are only slightly better, these guys should have something that will keep their interest. This is obviously not it.
    I think that tier 7 was geared towards the 90% of players who don't have everyone level 80 7*s. I'm pretty sure that for most people tier 7 will be plenty challenging until level 85+, and I'm confident that in the future more raids will be released (or at the very least they will increase the level of the enemies in this raid). In your opinion, what could CG have done that would "challenge the whale guilds", knowing that some of these people have completely maxed rosters?
  • Options
    Tier VI is the new VII.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @Qeltar And what did you expect? I made a thread couple of days after raids were introduced, before we completed our first raid and i said that basically the best strategy is to have 25 characters at gear 9 level 80. What i didnt know is that i was talking about tier 6...for tier 7 you need 50 characters. Lol. And this is why i was skeptical to the 'strategy' part from the beginning as well. I never saw a video about tier 7 but i knew it was going to be like this. $$$$ that's all that matters! Raid rewards tiers enforce this idea. Everything is made in such a way to get whales to advance faster. I honestly have no idea why and right now they are so far ahead of f2p, it's not even funny anymore.
  • RuYouWin
    58 posts Member
    Options
    Nice vid ty for Show this
  • Options
    Very nice - proves everyone needs Rey, as does fighting in GW and Arena these days.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Very nice - proves everyone needs Rey, as does fighting in GW and Arena these days.

Get your guys to gear 10 and then fight Rey. Don't fight gear 10 Rey with your lame gear 8s. Ok?
  • Options
    OMG!
    Some people have all the characters all 7 stars and like gear 9++...
    I feel so pathetic now...
    Millionaire's guild?
    Funny I remember Alita posting something like, " And no, I'm not a whale."
    I guess she meant not a whale as in I am a kraken lol.
    I know many whales in my guild that have spent over 5k$ and are nowhere near having the full roster of 7star,10G toons.
    Oh well, time to head back to my little 78 level and 18x7* pond...
    Plop!
  • HUSKARL
    99 posts Member
    Options
    VII will still be challenging for most because of roster lmits, my very last attack was with level 30's and got 1hp damage for turning up lol. Don't think CG anticipated how quickly gear 10 would be achieved, my damage with G9 was half of the big guns. Solo shards at that rate will be a year away.
  • HanSlowMo
    235 posts Member
    Options
    Not to be "that guy" but weren't they saying harcore wins require "strategy", " coordination", great teamwork, ect. ect. ect. All this shows is that heroic wins ARE basically throwing your wallet at the rancor and dpsing as much as possible. I honestly can't find strategy in this video really at all. All heroic requires is a fat roster of 50+ 7* characters.

Not a diss on TI at all, it's cool for them and everything, but this is vastly different than what they were saying when they downed him. I mean...autoplay lol. Maybe the first time because they didn't know what to expect, but just telling 50 people that a raid starts at 6pm and throw as many heroes as you can at the rancor doesn't seem too difficult if you have the $$$.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    HanSlowMo wrote: »
    Not to be "that guy" but weren't they saying harcore wins require "strategy", " coordination", great teamwork, ect. ect. ect. All this shows is that heroic wins ARE basically throwing your wallet at the rancor and dpsing as much as possible. I honestly can't find strategy in this video really at all. All heroic requires is a fat roster of 50+ 7* characters.

Not a diss on TI at all, it's cool for them and everything, but this is vastly different than what they were saying when they downed him. I mean...autoplay lol. Maybe the first time because they didn't know what to expect, but just telling 50 people that a raid starts at 6pm and throw as many heroes as you can at the rancor doesn't seem too difficult if you have the $$$.

I was thinking the exact same thing; they came on here making it sound like they had some wonderful master plan and it apparently was just "auto everything guys" lol
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

How do i get my wife's wallet without her seeing me? Coordination. What do i tell my wife when she sees what i've done with her credit card? Get a friend to lie for me...that's strategy and team-work.
  • Akiraine
    256 posts Member
    Options
    not everyone has 50+ 7* levelled and geared toons even in TI.

The zerg and throw everything strat came about because we were killing it too fast after the first try. And peeps who were retreating trying to come up with the best numbers realize there's no point. That said, p1 is the only really important phase where the right make up is important if you have enough bodies to throw at the rancor from 2-4
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

You are that guy, and I think you're misremembering. Going into heroic the very first time, with only t6 to draw assumptions of what we would encounter, there was a ton of planning that went into the raid. John specifically told Nae that he didn't think we could do it; that the raid was designed as a long term goal even for whale guilds. Having been told this and approaching the raid with a certain expectation of difficulty, Nae and others put in quite a bit of time over about two days devising a plan that included the organization of the guild into sub-groups responsible for different phases with different damage benchmarks for each one, recommended squads, etc.

The encounter was much different than we were originally expecting because of the rancor's increased damage, speed, and tenacity. Everything that we anticipated changed on the fly. Afterwards, no one from TI came to the forum and created an "attaboy" thread tooting our own horns. John created one to mark the achievement, that was quickly derailed by some nut hangers.

There were a ton of questions that were asked. We weren't prepared to answer them yet. We had only made a single run. We needed more experience ourselves before we could really begin to speak with any sort of confidence. If we had posted a guide, of sorts, too soon that turned out to be incorrect because of insufficient experience that would have just been one more thing to fuel the trolls and derail and potential future discussions. This meant more runs/experimenting with discussion about observations. Once we were confident of our findings we came to the forums and posted our critique of the t7 raid for being very one dimensional compared to t6.

Regardless, it still requires some strategy even if it's not the Lich King. If 50 people all zerg p2 with their best DPS, and then do the same in p3, you run the risk of not having any steam left for p4. We never made any secret that our rosters got us to this point sooner than others. It's just sad that rather than either not posting anything or simply thanking Alita for at least the time it took to make the video, there are yet more who come here to post "derp dat roster doe".
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    when the video started i was jalous, that roster :O :O :O
    then the auto started..
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • DarthScott
    292 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Totally fair comment. A couple of points.

Our first attempt at T6 took hours. We made sure every member got to see every phase and we all discussed best teams and strategies to figure out how to beat the level with the minimum number of characters.

Our first attempt at T7 was the same. Our raid leaders came up with a great strategy and they coordinated with those in the fight super well, with the goal being to beat each phase using as little of our collective resources as possible. Then we got to the end and all of the whales were saying 'we have 40 or 50 characters left'. So our statement has been since then "you can do heroic with good strategy and coordination with each member have 15ish 7* g8 + characters OR you can zerg the hell out if it if you have more than 25 7* characters per guild member on average".

Knowing that, we don't take up anyone's real life time more than is needed now and say 'just kill it'. We do however sometimes put in 'truce periods' in the raid, where no one who has attacked is allowed to do damage to artificially extend the raid length. This allows those who couldn't be online for the first 15 minutes a chance to get on the leaderboard and get rewards.
  • Options
    "Get your guys to gear 10 and then fight Rey. Don't fight gear 10 Rey with your lame gear 8s. Ok? "

OK big fellah. We'll ignore the hardest hitting toon in the game goes first and harvests all the damage for rewards and so on. Pretty sure you can see the one thing you should never do in a game is put the heaviest hit on the first character that goes.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    "Get your guys to gear 10 and then fight Rey. Don't fight gear 10 Rey with your lame gear 8s. Ok? "

OK big fellah. We'll ignore the hardest hitting toon in the game goes first and harvests all the damage for rewards and so on. Pretty sure you can see the one thing you should never do in a game is put the heaviest hit on the first character that goes.

Wrong thread
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    couple of things
    Zerg strat only works if players have the roster to support spray and pray tactics. this will not apply to most guilds. if TI can do it, great. this video shows that other guilds with vast rosters can do the same.
    our guild in particular relied on tactics and coordination because of our limited rosters. we had to make good decisions based on what we have.
    to be fair, this video wasn't catered to the majority of the player base, so it shouldn't be taken as informative and revealing of strategies, which is where I think the salt is coming from.
    mighty chlorians
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »

You are that guy, and I think you're misremembering. Going into heroic the very first time, with only t6 to draw assumptions of what we would encounter, there was a ton of planning that went into the raid. John specifically told Nae that he didn't think we could do it; that the raid was designed as a long term goal even for whale guilds. Having been told this and approaching the raid with a certain expectation of difficulty, Nae and others put in quite a bit of time over about two days devising a plan that included the organization of the guild into sub-groups responsible for different phases with different damage benchmarks for each one, recommended squads, etc.

That's awesome and tells me a lot of their abilities to anticipate things!

And i don't want to brag here, i made a thread after watching the raid on youtube for exactly 5 minutes and i specifically said that you will need a 25 person squad to get through t6. Unfortunately i did not know it took 50 people to get through t7! This raid is only designed to give Han to the whales. And make them richer than then they were so they don't feel like the investment they made is a total and complete waste of time and money! Which it is! Even after Naecabon 'thanked the devs' for such a wonderful raid i remained skeptical. Turns out that was first time completion euphoria afterall!

The only strategy that i got from this video (thanks Alita btw) is that people that have squads lower than 50 full characters, should probably only 'sacrifice' 5 of them each stage. And make sure to keep 10 for phase 4. So back to what i said a long time ago, you need your guild to have 25 characters at gear 9 and level 80 and 7*. Sure, it can be done without all of these, but where is the skill here exactly?? Getting all the people to play at the same time - that is the coordination? Skill in GW is (was) much more important than this. At least for f2p.
  • Akiraine
    256 posts Member
    Options
    the only thing I got from the video was, can u imagine how much we laughed in our chats when the forum was in uproar over accusations that we had used more than 50 peeps and/or we somehow exploited/cheated in our first kill.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Akiraine wrote: »
    the only thing I got from the video was, can u imagine how much we laughed in our chats when the forum was in uproar over accusations that we had used more than 50 peeps and/or we somehow exploited/cheated in our first kill.

We were laughing quite a bit.
  • InternetSwag
    2658 posts Member
    Options
    Did you just auto the final tier?

O_O
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |