Ackbar without leia

Studmuffin89
20 posts Member
edited May 2016
So I refuse to buy chromium packs i think it's a terable game machanic to have only pay to play charictors.
Not what I want to discuss however.

I have an ackbar and STHan with aspirations to build a team around a rebel synergy. My problem is I will not be able to use leia. Should I give up on this or can we build a viable team without her?

Replies

• gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    She is really the force of that synergy.... pinging off offense up times 3 destroys people. Luke hits decently hard but not near the damage of Leia.
  • banjo1071
    312 posts Member
    Options
    Leia is great, but i go down th same path as you do. I field
    Lando
    Luke
    Han
    Biggs
    +Healer

They are all on a quite low level but start to rock already.. i am currently farming akbar...

lets see how that works out...
  • Options
    I was thinking something similar
    Ackbar
    STHan
    Lando
    But I was thinking
    HRS
    Rey
  • Options
    Ackbar
    STHan
    Lando
    But I was thinking
    HRS
    Rey

I am concerned about not having a healer on this team?
  • BoboFoot
    212 posts Member
    Options
    Healers are overrated, except Daka
  • Options
    I like Akbar Lead, HRS (if no Leia), Poggle, RG, Rey. Poggle & RG can use their non attacks with a higher % chance of calling HRS for an assist.
  • Studmuffin89
    20 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    That's interesting. so RG over Han?
    Han get more Benifit from ackbar leader and he still has the taunt to activate the extra attack.
    RG would defiantly be better on defence but is the extra stun worth the other benifites on offence?
    Have you fielded this team?
  • Options
    That's interesting. so RG over Han?
    Han get more Benifit from ackbar leader and he still has the taunt to activate the extra attack.
    RG would defiantly be better on defence virus the extra stun worth the other benifites on offence?
    Have you fielded this team?

I have not fielded it yet. Working on my Rey & Akbar. The reasoning for RG over Han is because you are trying to have your HRS attack as frequently as possible when Akbars leader rebel assist is called. Throwing Han into the mix reduces your chances for that to occur.

On many other teams I like Han better, but I think this one works better with RG.
  • Options
    Ok I'm not arguing I'm just running through this for myself.
    HRS 25% chance to increase turn meter of entire team
    STHan 40% chance to turn is own meter 35%
    If we look at just that I think your right han dosnt fit.
    But when we add Han passive
    25% chance to remove meter from entire team. You're effectively doing the same thing by Getting Han to his turn faster. And that's without adding the benifit of his taunt and the second piece of his passive.
  • Options
    Numbers are the key here and I'll have to Do more math for a sure conclusion but at first glance I'm leaning toward Han.
  • Options
    Ok I'm not arguing I'm just running through this for myself.
    HRS 25% chance to increase turn meter of entire team
    STHan 40% chance to turn is own meter 35%
    If we look at just that I think your right han dosnt fit.
    But when we add Han passive
    25% chance to remove meter from entire team. You're effectively doing the same thing by Getting Han to his turn faster. And that's without adding the benifit of his taunt and the second piece of his passive.

You could be right. I'll try both ways once I get Akbar/Rey up to snuff ( I have both Han and RG maxed). I just have a feeling I'll get miffed every time I pull an assist and get Han instead of HRS :)
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    This is the Ackbar team I currently run since I don't have Leia either and didn't start buying packs until recently. Takes me to #1 or #2 everyday. HRS is one of the most underrated toons in the game. Trying to decide if I should buy Wedge and slide him into Geo's spot.

99kkCvl.png
  • Options
    This is the Ackbar team I currently run since I don't have Leia either and didn't start buying packs until recently. Takes me to #1 or #2 everyday. HRS is one of the most underrated toons in the game.

Do you happen to have a maxed RG as well? Just curious if you have tried him in place of Han with that team?
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    This is the Ackbar team I currently run since I don't have Leia either and didn't start buying packs until recently. Takes me to #1 or #2 everyday. HRS is one of the most underrated toons in the game.

Do you happen to have a maxed RG as well? Just curious if you have tried him in place of Han with that team?

Yes I do but I don't use him anymore. Han just works so well by himself in this team since he's gear 9 now. I used to run QGJ lead with Han, Geo, HRS and RG but I got bored with it.
  • Options
    I was also curious about phasma.
    It would seem she would take an interesting role. Proking ackbar leader ability and also benifiting from first turn tactile genius.
  • Options
    It would seem she would take an interesting role. Proking ackbar leader ability and also benifiting from first turn tactile genius.

She would fit well.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm curious why you're dead set on having HRS attack as much as possible @7AnimalMother ? He really doesn't hit that much harder than Han but if your end game is the turn meter you're guaranteed to get 20% from Han getting attacked compared to the 25-40% chance of getting 25% turn meter depending on if you used your omegas. It's different when you have Leia since she hits like a truck.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options

She would fit well.

Yea I have Phasma that's about to hit gear 10 and the potential to use both of her specials in one turn is nice but I feel like I need 3 DPS on my team at all times to keep my high ranking.
  • Options
    That's kind of what I figured.
    I guessing you like like QGJ over poggle for the buff removal over the dps?
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Yea he's almost necessary since almost everyone besides me uses RG and the number is growing every day it seems, I started using him and the double tank team back before it was cool and now I've moved on lol
  • Options
    I'm curious why you're dead set on having HRS attack as much as possible @7AnimalMother ? He really doesn't hit that much harder than Han but if your end game is the turn meter you're guaranteed to get 20% from Han getting attacked compared to the 25-40% chance of getting 25% turn meter depending on if you used your omegas. It's different when you have Leia since she hits like a truck.

Well I actually have Leia at 6* (got super lucky with some chromiums before I realized they are a waste in general) so once I finish Akbar & Rey (waiting on credits and maybe another week of guild shipments for Rey), I will be using Akbar (l), Rey, RG, Leia, and Poggle. With that line up, that means 2 assists from Akbar that have to use Leia (or HRS), and a 50% chance of Leia on RG defense up and Poggle offense up. Plus having RG stun is nice. I'm open to using Han as well though and will probably test both in GW prior to going to arena.

I don't have HRS, but have seen good things said about his damage on here, so I was thinking for Studmuffin89 that he would be able to be swapped in her place using the same concept.

Did not use my Omegas on Han. Used on QGJ as he seems to be the most versatile toon that I can tend to put in on any team, but hey... only 1.5 levels to go until 80 and more Omegas!
  • Options

She would fit well.

Yea I have Phasma that's about to hit gear 10 and the potential to use both of her specials in one turn is nice but I feel like I need 3 DPS on my team at all times to keep my high ranking.

Yeah. Defense AI would misplay her with an Akbar lead. Same with Lando. That said, I'm going to farm Lando next just to have some fun in GW! Lando + Tactical Genius has me salivating.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I fight two top level 78 Akbar teams right now.

Akbar/HRS/STHan/Phasma/Lando
    Akbar/QGJ/Leia/STHan/Rey

I actually find the first one harder than the second. The HRS (with omega basic) kit with STHan plus Phasma slowdown often results in my team getting 1 attack to their 3 and when Lando is able to chain AoE attacks with Han there to intercept Dooku counters the game is over before it even starts.

I think swapping Lando for Leia is the only place where the first one can be improved but the Lando/Han combo against Dooku teams is devastating. The first is a pretty easy farm too although unfortunately Akbar/Han are absolutely necessary to any rebel team and they both require shards from Arena.
  • Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    I fight two top level 78 Akbar teams right now.

Akbar/HRS/STHan/Phasma/Lando
    Akbar/QGJ/Leia/STHan/Rey

I'm on a December server and have only seen 2 guys using Akbar so far in the top 50. Both of the teams stick with a more vanilla rebel squad (Akbar, Han, Biggs, Luke, HRS) though so they are not really benefiting as much from the recent changes to Akbar......
  • JJWZP5
    440 posts Member
    Options
    HRS is awesome with Ackbar
  • Options
    Do you think he worth getting over daka?
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    HRS is my favorite toon so I say yes. Only reason I'm getting Daka now is for raids, I never liked her. Not saying she isn't good though, she's great.
  • Options
    Do you think he worth getting over daka?

I don't have Daka and don't regret it. I'm only 4 stars from having all DS stars and don't even have an ally that I borrow her from. I know she's saucy in the arena, too, but I don't need her when I'm running rebels.

Phasma certainly has a permanent spot with my rebels and HRS+AA is their backbone.
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    Options
    Ackbar
    STHan
    Lando
    But I was thinking
    HRS
    Rey

I am concerned about not having a healer on this team?

You do realize that Akbar Is A Healer?