Let's Talk Leia

Durrun
1019 posts Member
Can someone give me a compleat compelling answer as to what makes her so good. I've heard she's beastly at high gear and star but never had a problem facing one, mine is 6 stars but lvl 1 no gear cause I've never been impressed by her numbers. I understand she triple pings with offense up and gives crit chance all of which sounds nice but again never seen her and thought "oh crap I'm gonna die" (I am currently rank 100 in pvp so not inexperienced with good squads) can someone give me some numbers at high levels and explain her use and pairing pls

Replies

• Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    While we're on the subject convince me to get GS geared too I just don't see his potency
  • Options
    Leia is a very high damage toon. She will sometimes hit for over 12,000 in one turn. And that's a basic attack. She has weak health but because she can stealth, she can't be targeted till the end. She's probably the second most damage dealing toon, but RNG can make her more or less of a threat.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Read any thread talking about Rebels or Ackbar lead, they all pretty much bring up Leia and how well she works.
  • Bialaska
    74 posts Member
    Options
    On an Ackbar lead team with the right characters, she can be making several attacks each turn, using her very dangerous basic attack. So when RG gives his team defense, she bursts off 3 shots. When Poggle increases offense, she bursts off 3 shots. When Ackbar activates his Tactical Advantage or clears buffs. When your chosen healer uses heal power, etc.
  • jeremyj26
    783 posts Member
    Options
    Pacdiggity wrote: »
    Leia is a very high damage toon. She will sometimes hit for over 12,000 in one turn. And that's a basic attack. She has weak health but because she can stealth, she can't be targeted till the end. She's probably the second most damage dealing toon, but RNG can make her more or less of a threat.

She can hit for much higher actually.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Best guess for a round figure for min max dmg on a good leia? Just a ballpark?

• Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    2000-20000 per turn
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Well that's really hit or miss lol, one of the worst one of the best.. Interesting thanks
  • jeremyj26
    783 posts Member
    Options
    Durrun wrote: »
    Best guess for a round figure for min max dmg on a good leia? Just a ballpark?

She's hit me for 17k, without offense up.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Options
    15k is not unreasonable for her. That is with 3 shots, 3 crits. That means 3 crits for 5000 each. 5000 crit is 3333 base damage. She does have a chance of a single shot. So her damage range will be 3,333 - 15,000.
  • Options
    My Leia with off off up and Wedge lead will crit for around 8500. It's devistating if she crits x3. At G10 it'll be even more.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    She just dealt 18k damage from an assist of Ackbar dispelling her and 2 others in stun lock.

Then proceeded to slay another 3 attacks at me.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    I face a lot of gear 9+ Leia's with omega on her stealth ability. Mine is only 4* so I don't use her. Only a very few characters can possibly go before her due to her speed. She starts off with stealth, and spends the whole match hiding behind tanks. When her stealth ends, it has already cooled down, so she immediately stealths again. So a tanky team can extend the match, giving her many, many turns doing 10k-18k damage per round (that's what I'm seeing) except on turns where she uses the stealth ability, and you can't target her until she's the last person standing. She also can't be counter-attacked while stealthed. She's very glassy, but the permanent stealth effectively gives her as many hit points as all your tanks combined, and her damage is second only to Rey. She's by *far* the most dangerous character on the whale teams I face. RG, Sun Fac, Rex, etc., are all good, but Leia is the only one that makes me think hard about how I'm going to attack that team.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Options
    She's also less reliant on tanks than Rey and is better (IMHO) when called as an assist by QGJ/GS/Phasma/Fives/Etc.

Frankly I'd rather face Rey than Leia even though Rey is way more consistent. Leia sometimes is a total nonfactor but I've also had the 'pleasure' of having her on a Phasma team go 4 times in a row (Invisible, Called by QGJ, double Phasma leader proc turns). When the stars align she makes short work of teams.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    All right you've convinced me to gear her. Now the question is do I toss her in my formation as dps and let her do her thing or do I need to build a squad around her? (More rebels, starring Akbar etc) is she good night most squads or do I need to support her with lots of tanks like Mol Eliza said 2 posts back?
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Durrun wrote: »
    All right you've convinced me to gear her. Now the question is do I toss her in my formation as dps and let her do her thing or do I need to build a squad around her? (More rebels, starring Akbar etc) is she good night most squads or do I need to support her with lots of tanks like Mol Eliza said 2 posts back?

Ackbar(L),Leia,Rey,daka,rg or something to that effect. She isnt a primary attacker, she is a support that goes BOOM randomly.
    {RotE}
  • K_G0sling
    839 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    How about everyone shuts up so she doesn't get nerfed. Leia's terrible. She's slow, she never goes stealth, never gets offense up, never strikes more than once...just terrible. Moving on...nothing to see here.

In all honesty, she's a staple on my team, GW, Squad, Raids, you name it. Geared and starred up, she's amazing. She starts off unbelievably terrible, but if you put the effort in. There, I'll be fair.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    K_G0sling wrote: »
    How about everyone shuts up so she doesn't get nerfed. Leia's terrible. She's slow, she never goes stealth, never gets offense up, never strikes more than once...just terrible. Moving on...nothing to see here.

In all honesty, she's a staple on my team, GW, Squad, Raids, you name it. Geared and starred up, she's amazing. She starts off unbelievably terrible, but if you put the effort in. There, I'll be fair.

That's my thought lol, once I gear lvl 9 on her and she gets hit like FOTP