Sun Fac

Prev1
So7hoth
48 posts Member
I was wondering, how many stars make Sun Fac viable in arena? I have him at 5, but not sure I want to spend $500 to star him up further. My shard is newish, early April, people are barely hitting lvl 70.

Replies

• VeeDee
    140 posts Member
    Options
    How many people have Sun Fac at 7 stars??? Just curious
  • Arijit
    510 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Not everyone is on the forums and not everyone reading forums have an account and not everyone having an account will post and not everyone having a sun fac and an account will post: Fun Fact :expressionless:

BTW, I do not have it, seems like a great toon on paper, have to see it in action.
  • Options
    got him 5* 45 shards only ^^
    he is the most powerfull tank in the game right now, i just dont have enough credit etc, to upgrade him full and put him with han rg phasma and IG86 in my main squad !
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Arijit wrote: »
    Not everyone is on the forums and not everyone reading forums have an account and not everyone having an account will post and not everyone having a sun fac and an account will post: Fun Fact :expressionless:

BTW, I do not have it, seems like a great toon on paper, have to see it in action.

Sun Fac fun facts with Arijit?
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • quigonkenny
    240 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    He's nasty. #1 on my server has him with an RG and all three clones. All are 7* lvl 80, the two tanks are G9, Rex is G11 leading, and the other two clones are G10. He doesn't look to be as tanky as RG or ST Han, at least not HP/Protection wise, but he does look to be something of a crit team killer, since his passive allows him to crit down anyone unlucky enough to be hit by him if he's countering or assisting (basically any time he attacks out of turn, just like Dooku's passive TM buff). He also counters 50% of the time and can taunt, so match him up with Phasma lead or some assist callers, and he's going to be countering or assisting quite often. He can also heal himself by either removing buffs (basic attack) or attacking someone who is currently debuffed (secondary special). And he's also a TM manipulator...of course...
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Get RAID out...
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Arijit
    510 posts Member
    Options
    J0K3R wrote: »
    Arijit wrote: »

Sun Fac fun facts with Arijit?

lol, could not stop myself :)
  • InternetSwag
    2658 posts Member
    Options
    I borrowed one from my guild. He's extremely powerful and I wish I had him.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Mythov
    97 posts Member
    Options
    I have him at 7*. Works great in my hands, but ai butchers him a bit. Id definitely recommend him for raid & gw, but not arena.
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    Options
    I only have him at 5 star, he's fun to play and has decent kit. Good toon, but can't spend another $1000 in an attempt to level him up more.
  • Flow
    9 posts Member
    Options
    I have 7* t8. He is wonderfull)
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    Options
    I spent $100 today (first time in a couple months for chromium packs) I got 5 full characters out six 8 packs and a couple 10 bonus shards. Was really happy and sitting on a 5* sun fac.
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Options
    He's nasty. #1 on my server has him with an RG and all three clones. All are 7* lvl 80, the two tanks are G9, Rex is G11 leading, and the other two clones are G10. He doesn't look to be as tanky as RG or ST Han, at least not HP/Protection wise, but he does look to be something of a crit team killer, since his passive allows him to crit down anyone unlucky enough to be hit by him if he's countering or assisting (basically any time he attacks out of turn, just like Dooku's passive TM buff). He also counters 50% of the time and can taunt, so match him up with Phasma lead or some assist callers, and he's going to be countering or assisting quite often. He can also heal himself by either removing buffs (basic attack) or attacking someone who is currently debuffed (secondary special). And he's also a TM manipulator...of course...

I used that same team for awhile now. Live at number 1 95% of the day. Dude be stealing my thunder. lol
  • Markatona
    39 posts Member
    Options
    I got him 3 star gr7 very good
  • Options
    Fun Sac
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    Options
    I love sun fac. Old server need 7 star. New server then 5 is fine.
  • So7hoth
    48 posts Member
    Options
    LordAlvert wrote: »
    I love sun fac. Old server need 7 star. New server then 5 is fine.

Thanks, mate! I guess I'll give it a go. How long do you think he's useful if he stays at 5*?
  • Options
    I have a 6* Omega Sun Fac and I'm very unimpressed. Not worth the $ or effort imo.
  • Options
    I have an Omega 6* Sun Fac and don't care for him.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    He's powerful on offense and terrible on defense. I wish the devs would release a character that has half a brain when controlled by the AI
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    7* lvl 74 trying to gear him up
  • Options
    Got a 5* that I was quite excited about but so far he's only really proven his worth removing the guards' taunts in Raids. With a tooled up HK-47 droid trilogy and Poggle, I've laid a lot of hurt down in that first Raid encounter. I'm confident that at his rate of improvement, a maxed out 7* Fun Sac (love that!) would cause no end of headache to Yoda teams as all their buffs disappear in a frustrating mist of counter-debuffing.
    Just because more people say it, doesn't make it more right.
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    Options
    Just finished him today :) all I need is droid caller to hit gear 9!!

s1gwNdr.jpg
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Options
    I have him on my droid team - HK (L), 88, 86 all 7*, JE 5*, and Fun Sac 6*. I generally don't do refreshes and I've been top 10 on a December shard several times since getting him to 6* less than a week ago without refreshes (well, except on Saturday). Once I get that durned droid caller and get him to G9, that's a lot more protection...

Also worth noting that the dev's fixed him on defense; he now taunts his first turn rather than use his special.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    I have him on my droid team - HK (L), 88, 86 all 7*, JE 5*, and Fun Sac 6*. I generally don't do refreshes and I've been top 10 on a December shard several times since getting him to 6* less than a week ago without refreshes (well, except on Saturday). Once I get that durned droid caller and get him to G9, that's a lot more protection...

Also worth noting that the dev's fixed him on defense; he now taunts his first turn rather than use his special.

Thanks for the update, that is good to know.as I had heard that was a problem.
  • Options
    I have Sun Fac at 7*, gear 8 and player level 72. My arena squad consists of Rex (L), Fives, QGJ, Leia and SF. I finished 1st yesterday, 3rd today, and am normally top 10. I have people on my server (especially guild) that go out of their way to avoid me in the arena because they can't stand facing SF! He renders any of their taunt tanks (RG, Han, etc.) useless and disrupts their mojo.
  • Options
    I'm in the fence about him. I have A 7* who is g8 and his abilities only lvl 4 and I'm not very impressed to be honest. I keep thinking well maybe if I invest a little more in his abilities or get him g9 he will shine but I've heard his defense is underwelming or at least not at st Han or RG level. Utility wise he's great when facing a team with a lot of buffs in gw. I prefer hard dmg for pigs in raid
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    Options
    WhiskeyPug wrote: »
    I'm in the fence about him. I have A 7* who is g8 and his abilities only lvl 4 and I'm not very impressed to be honest. I keep thinking well maybe if I invest a little more in his abilities or get him g9 he will shine but I've heard his defense is underwelming or at least not at st Han or RG level. Utility wise he's great when facing a team with a lot of buffs in gw. I prefer hard dmg for pigs in raid

https://swgoh.gg/characters/sun-fac/
  • Options
    WhiskeyPug wrote: »

I got a level 80 g10 Sun Fac. He is so squishy and barely remove buffs. Defense and health departmen wise definitely goes to ST Han. RG sucks compared to ST Han.

My advice is DON'T go for Sun Fac. If you have it at 4* or 5*, keep and bench it. If you have 7*, don't waste resource gearing it.
  • Options
    I only have a 4* Fun Sac but very eager to deploy him in my teams. The top 2 on my server use him with RG & I absolutely hate it!
    The debuff is so handy & considering two of his actions bolster his health he seems very durable.