Happy New Year from Capital Games!

Prev1345
Hello Heroes!

On behalf of the entire game development team here at Capital Games, I wanted to wish you all a Happy New Year! 2015 has come to a thrilling close for us and that is directly thanks to you and the millions of people who have played our game.

I also wanted to take a moment to reflect on the last few weeks since launch, and talk about what's ahead.

We launched the game worldwide just over five weeks ago. And while we always believed in our game, we have been humbled and awed by the huge outpouring of positive response. From the reviews, to the amount of time players spend in the game each day, to the feedback on these and other forums it's clear that the game is delivering what we'd hoped: a great Star Wars experience for mobile players across the world.

During the past five weeks the team has been busy fixing bugs, adding polish, and releasing new characters. We have addressed over 200 issues since launch -- a good portion of that based on your feedback.

That being said, we know not everything is perfect and there have been some mistakes, the Barriss tuning probably chief among them. Please know we take your feedback to heart and will work hard to avoid that situation in the future. Our team has a strong culture of both listening carefully to player feedback and constantly improving the game, so please keep all the positive and negative feedback coming. @EA_Jesse and @CG_AaronNemoyten have been the main ones posting on the forum, but many of us on the team read the forums actively.

Looking ahead, we have a lot of cool stuff planned. I can't get into many specifics because schedules and priorities can change and I don't want to promise anything that isn't certain. However I can say we will continue to round out our feature set, as well as add some wonderful innovations no other game is providing.

We will also keep bringing out additional characters to provide more strategic options as well as bring some frequently-requested Star Wars icons into the game. Our game is fundamentally designed to continue to grow as Star Wars grows. I hope by now you have all had a chance to see The Force Awakens. If so, I think you'll agree the future for Star Wars looks very bright indeed!

One thing I can announce -- and something we've been hearing increasingly requested in the forums -- is that we will be raising the Player Level cap from 60 to 70 in January. This will unlock new Light Side Battles, new Dark Side Battles, and new Cantina Battles. This will also open up new tiers of Gear and Ability upgrades for characters.

Beyond that we are currently wrapping up our next major update which will bring a brand new Events system (replacing the Key Card system) as well as bunch of improvements to the overall game experience. Again, many of these changes are in alignment with your feedback.

In closing, it’s a great time to be a Star Wars fan and we are so happy to have you enjoying this Star Wars experience with us.

Thank you all again for taking the time to play our game!

John Salera, Executive Producer

TL;DR: Happy New Year from the dev team! Thanks for playing the game and providing feedback. More cool stuff is on the way!

Replies

• Options
    Congratulations and thank you for this awesome game. Good job!
  • Cythis
    273 posts Member
    Options
    Good read very excited now
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Awesome post! Thanks specifically for the parts addressing common concerns, and the great plans for future releases! And happy new year to all of you too!
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    Are you also introducing new characters?
  • Options
    @Dani267 Yes, we will be adding more characters.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    @Dani267 Yes, we will be adding more characters.

Great, can you give us hints at who?
  • Options
    Sweet! Thanks.
  • Options
    Happy new year to all! Awesome job on this game so far.
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the info @CG_JohnSalera

I love when developers are open about what's coming down the pipeline. Keep it up. :smiley:
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    Options
    CG, you guys have done great. Excited to see what you have for us next!
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    I'm happy we are at least being partially listened to.
  • Options
    Great work so far! The game is really coming along very nicely. As a big fan of the game so far, please be cautious not to flood the game with new characters, very few people are level 60 in my server and with the cap being increased, and increasingly expensive upgrade costs, if more characters are just flooded into the game, not many can keep up and some people may lose interest. I've seen it happen in other games and I am very interested in the longevity of this project. Looking forward to a well balanced release of content! And happy new year!
  • Enigmaticien
    384 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good News , but some characters ( like jc)
    Need to be more than 70(73) to gear up ..
    Any idea What to do with all those sim ticket , an exchange?
    Like others i have more than 1000 of them ..
  • Options
    This is so Awesome!!! So glad to hear this!!! :)
  • D3M0N
    35 posts Member
    Options
    So excited, love the game, u guys rock!
  • Options
    Thanks and I hope you make individual characters purchasable at some point.
  • Options
    Great to hear. Love this game. Happy New Year.
  • Options
    nice job guys, even for an EA game !!
  • Options
    Also any secials? I would like to see crystal sales offers and possibly a rotation of characters or packs constantly coming through the market with gear equipment and the likes. Paying shards to refill the market is time consuming and wasteful and also a way to buy 8 or more bronze packs at once would be awesome!!!!
  • Options
    Three cheers!!!

Good job! Glad key event will be changing.. Can't wait to see and experience the updates.

I guess the next questions for the next .. when.. when... will that major wrap up update be...
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Happy New Year.
    Bug fixes.
    Please.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    Level cap lift, new event, and new characters? You guys have done pretty good so far. Thanks for listening and actively improving the game.
  • Options
    Stoked to see the new characters! Great game so far, keep it up!

Thanks so much
  • Options
    Any chance you'll be tuning the Sidious dodge bonus versus Jedi? With a leader bonus further increasing his dodge, he gets to be far over 50% dodge rate against Jedi turning every battle into an RNG fest. Not to mention he's basically required for free players to obtain now, so every team you see runs him.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Cool! I really appreciate that you're taking the time to interact and I believe you're setting a good example for other game developers there. Looking forward to plenty of gaming in 2016 with y'all then!
  • Options
    Thank you for taking time to inform all of us about what you are going to do; it makes the game much better! Just a quick question: how is the profile avatar determined? @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera
    "...I think I just blasted it." | Ally Code: 183-341-914 | Member of The New Rebellion | Youtube
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the great responses! Glad to hear you guys are as psyched as we are for what’s ahead. B)

To a few specific points…

@Dani267 – Yes, we will be bringing out additional characters. I mentioned that in my post. Perhaps that wasn’t clear.

@Dark_Jedi – No hints as to which characters, though. That would spoil the fun. :)

@HavokTrigger – Glad you like the open communication. Wish we could be more specific about what’s coming but, for various reasons, we honestly can’t. We have to walk a fine line about speaking about future deliverables.

@Powerlifter450 – You are definitely being listened to – far more than you may realize. I and others very actively read the forums. However, we haven’t been very active in responding especially over the holiday. Sorry about that. Please know you are being heard. That being said, we of course can’t instantly make changes nor integrate everyone’s ideas. But, yes, we are here and will work to engage more directly with you guys.

@Avalanche5502 – You have a great point and one we discuss frequently internally. We want to get more characters in but need to bring them in judiciously. We do a lot of internal playtesting and have various tools and simulators to help identify issues, but we can’t hope to match what will happen when so many of you get your hands on new characters. Bottom line: we’ll bring them out as quickly as seems to make sense and as we feel they can be effectively tested. We will try to keep post-launch balance changes to a minimum but really every game like ours has to do them.

@Enigmaticien – Very observant of you, but I can’t discuss that.  Regarding Sim Tickets, we currently don’t have plans for a way to exchange them. But we can start considering options.

@Blktauna and @Tweggiejack – You can expect more types of packs in the future, but I don’t have any specifics to share at this point.

@Top_Quark - https://youtu.be/OfJRX-8SXOs

@Lust008 – Wish… wish… I could tell… tell… you. :)

@Qeltar – Yes, definitely bug fixes are constantly a top priority. We are fixing them “all the time”. There’s a lot we can (and do) address via server updates, game data updates, or asset updates. Bugs in the actual game client (the executable you run on your device) take longer to address because the release process is more time-consuming. As @CG_AaronNemoyten mentioned in another thread we have been reviewing the Bugs and Issues section of the forum, and will continue to use this as a key input to our priority queue.

@Falen_Lacer – No current plans that I’ve heard, but the design folks may have been discussing this offline over break. Prior to the recent balance changes there was a preponderance of power on the Jedi side and this and some of the other changes were intended to bring a balance to the Force.

@ aspenstar – I’m not clear on which avatar you mean. In the game or in this forum (or something else)?

Thanks again!
  • Options
    @CG_JohnSalera yep in the game! You know when you add an ally you can see their stats plus an avatar? And also is it possible to become a beta tester?
    "...I think I just blasted it." | Ally Code: 183-341-914 | Member of The New Rebellion | Youtube
  • Options
    Would love a way to play with friends easier...
  • DarthMasterShawn
    3064 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    First off I love the game. I play a ton and got several playing it.

Is there any plans to up the mission rewards some or increase energy? I know I for one spend a good deal of money on crystals to gear up, and often due to the amount of energy missions cost I will go through 5 or 6 refreshes to get 1 gear slot on 1 toon. While I love the game and don't mind spending, at this stage my ROI is not looking good and I'm loosing interest in the purchasing. This week alone I have gone through over 30,000 crystals and it only got me Dooku from 6 to 7, Lum from 6-7 and Barriss and Vader from 5 to 1 slot from 7 with each having like 40 gear to go.

Another thing I posted about was how Future Fight offers biometric sales(Basicly like Shards here) WEhere you can buy 80-180 depending on offer or toon for crystals ranging up to 2500 in cost. These also have credits and minor trinkets in for that game. How about doing similar? A pile of specific shardes to help on leveling and like 5600-1mil creds in there?

Thanks again for a killer game. Happy New Year.