Happy New Year from Capital Games!

1235Next

Replies

• Options
    Njextreme wrote: »
    Thank you for pushing the game to level 70. My only issue is I've been playing now for approximately 7-10 days since I've been at level 60. I have earned a great amount of xp which basically has meant nothing and doesn't exist. Any plans to address this issue with players at level 60 already. I'm asking because I have invested a few dollars (approximately $20 US) and play the game often every day. I believe something should be done for these players who have worked hard and lost because the level capacity at launch was not appropriate. Thank you and look forward to a response.

You haven't lost anything. You are one of hundreds, maybe thousands, that have been at the level cap for a while. 'Returning' xp to all of us in that camp is a foolish waste of time that would be better spent fixing bugs and adding features.

That you consider $20 an 'investment' is laughable. I've spent at least $200. I'm not saying that because I think it entitles me to dictate dev priorities, only to provide perspective.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Daprosy wrote: »
    Kaylik wrote: »
    Zeeb05 wrote: »
    Dude. You absolutely hit this whole thing on the nose! Extremely well said! I love the squad vs Rancor idea for farming specific shards! I agree with 100% of everything you said and I really hope Capital games takes a gander at this post. Great constructive criticism, my friend!

@Zeeb05
    Thanks, I appreciate the positive response since I put a good amount of thought into that post. I'm hoping for the same!

Yeh good post. This is my main frustration with the game, I'd love to experiment around with characters but due to the completely ridiculous shard drop rates and limited no. of characters in shipments it is nearly impossible if I dont spent around £100 on this game, even then I dont have much say in what character i would be getting. I dont mind spending a few quid here or there but ATM the most efficient way to spend (limited) money is to buy energy refills and that will only give maximum of 10 shards per refill so having a bulked up roster is nearly impossible without spending way too much money on this game. Now they are adding even more characters but I cant even unlock existing ones like Rey etc. Im sure many new players will not have the patience most of us have and will put the game down promptly.

I've really been fighting this battle on the forums. The current model will be game killing. As things are people are really starting to recognize that to be able to fully enjoy all this game has to offer requires a totally unrealistic financial investment. People recognize that even if they manage to unlock a specific character through the chromium lottery that it will be near useless at endgame due to the inability to level that toon without throwing the title to your car at CG/EA. Once that's fully realized people will begin to migrate to new mobile games.

Also, I don't believe that this game is truly and fully free to play. For many, they play the game to collect toons, level, and gear them. It is a large time sink and big chunk of the games content. However, chromium exclusive toons gate that content. It makes it so that only those capable of or willing to shell out large sums of money are capable of playing the game to its fullest extent.
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    Kaylik wrote: »
    Zeeb05 wrote: »
    Dude. You absolutely hit this whole thing on the nose! Extremely well said! I love the squad vs Rancor idea for farming specific shards! I agree with 100% of everything you said and I really hope Capital games takes a gander at this post. Great constructive criticism, my friend!

@Zeeb05
    Thanks, I appreciate the positive response since I put a good amount of thought into that post. I'm hoping for the same!

Yeh good post. This is my main frustration with the game, I'd love to experiment around with characters but due to the completely ridiculous shard drop rates and limited no. of characters in shipments it is nearly impossible if I dont spent around £100 on this game, even then I dont have much say in what character i would be getting. I dont mind spending a few quid here or there but ATM the most efficient way to spend (limited) money is to buy energy refills and that will only give maximum of 10 shards per refill so having a bulked up roster is nearly impossible without spending way too much money on this game. Now they are adding even more characters but I cant even unlock existing ones like Rey etc. Im sure many new players will not have the patience most of us have and will put the game down promptly.

I've really been fighting this battle on the forums. The current model will be game killing. As things are people are really starting to recognize that to be able to fully enjoy all this game has to offer requires a totally unrealistic financial investment. People recognize that even if they manage to unlock a specific character through the chromium lottery that it will be near useless at endgame due to the inability to level that toon without throwing the title to your car at CG/EA. Once that's fully realized people will begin to migrate to new mobile games.

Also, I don't believe that this game is truly and fully free to play. For many, they play the game to collect toons, level, and gear them. It is a large time sink and big chunk of the games content. However, chromium exclusive toons gate that content. It makes it so that only those capable of or willing to shell out large sums of money are capable of playing the game to its fullest extent.
    And as they add more heroes to the game, it becomes increasingly difficult to get stars for any particular hero. So not only is this problem bad now, as time goes on it will continue to get worse.
  • Options
    @Telaan
    Agreed. I feel the same way and I'm glad you're approaching it constructively and intelligently rather than a way that sounds like mindless complaining. Without enough people like you, the latter type of forum poster will dominate and, their "argument" will be used as a strawman against this problem. They will be written off as not understanding the business side of things and the status quo will continue until it's too late.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options

Have you never played games like these before? If the game was full fledged free to play, it wouldn't be economically viable and would have to run on commercials to sustain itself. Of course some content will be locked away. But I'm not convinced that the locked content is in a league of its own. That's not the impression that I get when looking through the top forms. They're dominated by heroes that you can grind for.

Of course, as a player you always want to get more free content and more stuff to do in the game. And maybe the Chromium packs could be designed in a way that doesn't make it quite as much of a lottery in the long run. I remember CG saying they're open for the possibility of rotating the shards awarded in the FTP sections. That could go a long way towards making the toons pulled in chromium sustainable in the long-term perspective, without sinking too much money into the game.

I think we should be patient. The game is very new. Way too new for us to go on rants talking about what's "killing the game" just yet.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Nonemo wrote: »

Have you never played games like these before? If the game was full fledged free to play, it wouldn't be economically viable and would have to run on commercials to sustain itself. Of course some content will be locked away. But I'm not convinced that the locked content is in a league of its own. That's not the impression that I get when looking through the top forms. They're dominated by heroes that you can grind for.

Of course, as a player you always want to get more free content and more stuff to do in the game. And maybe the Chromium packs could be designed in a way that doesn't make it quite as much of a lottery in the long run. I remember CG saying they're open for the possibility of rotating the shards awarded in the FTP sections. That could go a long way towards making the toons pulled in chromium sustainable in the long-term perspective, without sinking too much money into the game.

I think we should be patient. The game is very new. Way too new for us to go on rants talking about what's "killing the game" just yet.

I've played MANY freemium/f2p games. I've also seen them die when much of the player base become frustrated with the pricing model. No one is talking about eliminating any reason to pay. We all get that without an income this game would die as well. However, there's is a middle ground that doesn't involve gating content or gouging the player base.

Were these exclusive items granted via the chromium lottery vanity/cosmetic only it wouldn't be a problem. However the issue is that these toons give a definitive competitive edge that no one who is unable to or unwilling to will be able to obtain....ever. The problem will only get worse if more exclusive toons are introduced thus increasing the potential pool of toons in the lottery, decreasing the odds of getting what you want, and increasing the amount you'll have to pay to obtain them. Additionally, even if they are willing to drop a more modest amount on chromium packs to unlock these toons, theses no way in advancing them which effectively makes the money spent wasted. Once players grow to recognize this they'll stop purchasing the packs because they realize how ridiculous it is. We already see this happening in posts all over the forums. Veteran players are telling people to stay away from chromium packs. You don't think that has an impact on their sales? Word of mouth is a very potent thing.

Throwing money at the game to more quickly climb the power curve by obtaining these powerful toons much faster is the only long term viable way of keeping this game healthy with a sizable player base. Once people realize they'll be at a permanent competitive disadvantage for not being capable of or will to shell out literally thousands of dollars they WILL move on. Discussing things that could/would kill the game are what helps prevent such an occurrence.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    You think that the Chromium exclusive toons are so heavily overpowered? I think not. All the First Order cards are farmable and they make a great team together.

There are a few cards such as Leia, Aayla and QGJ, and a few DS cards like Maul and Cad Bane, that you can't get through farming. But since the Jedi meta nerf, Aayla+QGJ combo isn't that powerful anymore. And Leia's fourth attack will be fixed. Looking at the top ten on my "server", these cards aren't that prominent.

I have a 7* Leia myself, and a 6* QGJ. I lose frequently to forms with all farmable cards. Just saying.
  • Options
    Will the new update swap some character shards from GW/ arena shipments?

I have 6 star lumi and Sid and I want to max them out!
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You think that the Chromium exclusive toons are so heavily overpowered? I think not. All the First Order cards are farmable and they make a great team together.

There are a few cards such as Leia, Aayla and QGJ, and a few DS cards like Maul and Cad Bane, that you can't get through farming. But since the Jedi meta nerf, Aayla+QGJ combo isn't that powerful anymore. And Leia's fourth attack will be fixed. Looking at the top ten on my "server", these cards aren't that prominent.

I have a 7* Leia myself, and a 6* QGJ. I lose frequently to forms with all farmable cards. Just saying.

I never said anything about "heavily overpowered". I'm not sure where that came from or is even being brought up. But toons like Leia, Old Ben, QGJ, and others give definitive and undeniable competitive advantages that are not obtainable in any way other than dropping money on chromium packs. In a game that has a significant portion of its endgame centered around competitive play this is a serious problem.

Then even if you do manage to get enough shards to unlock or are fortunate enough to get the actual toon, there's no realistically viable way of progressing them without dropping thousands of dollars. Please don't devolve this discussion into what is more op.

As it is p2w will always have the advantage in arena refreshes and the ability to purely obtain and min/max their individual toons, as well as their team, MUCH faster. Additionally p2w will have much deeper rosters allowing them to be more flexible in shifting metas. Alienating players with exclusive toons that require absurd amounts of money to obtain and level that grant a competitive advantage in addition to these things will be game killing.
    Post edited by Telaan on
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    I suppose only time will tell. I hear that you're very critical. I think you're wrong, and I've stated why. I don't think we'll get any further so I hope we can agree to disagree. Have a nice day.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Options

What forms do you lose to?
  • Options
    Dont thinking about VIP system like in similar games? Because i paid a lot (around 500$) and that would be nice to see i got something special for that. Btw the game is nice i love them :)
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    xJazzx wrote: »

Plenty of good Phasma forms, Old Ben, heavy AOE forms such as the three assassin droids.
  • Options
    xJazzx wrote: »

Plenty of good Phasma forms, Old Ben, heavy AOE forms such as the three assassin droids.

@Nonemo I think Leia is really good at defense though due to the triple hit on AI. You must be able to hold your ranks well.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not heavy into pvp. I don't even play all my matches every day and I usually don't slip out of top 30.
  • Options
    I hope you fix shipping, day in and out it keeps giving me the exact same things. I have 4 items of 500 duplicates. I keep buying them becuase why not. Still kind of ridiculous.
  • Options
    LORDLIZAMA wrote: »
    I hope you fix shipping, day in and out it keeps giving me the exact same things. I have 4 items of 500 duplicates. I keep buying them becuase why not. Still kind of ridiculous.

Changing it up would be nice. Even if they just put my current inventory of an item next to it that'd do wonders for me So many of the items look the same and it's very unclear whether I'm getting gray/green/blue/purple items unless I click on each individual one. So I typically just buy them all.
  • Options
    Also, just add more heros to the existing rouster for GW, Cantina, just like you did for two new heros. It would not be fair to new players if they can't level up lumunary. I have her at 7 stars and she is still my best healer by far, so taking it away from new players would just be cruel.
  • Options
    Shipments are indeed ridiculous. I buy the ones for coins anyway for the achievement but it'd be nice if I could get the chance to buy something I needed. Also on shipments, I get the same bottom tier offerings time after time. I am never, ever going to spend crystals on 99% of shards offered. And, no...I don't expect a constant supply of better character shards but I can go days without seeing anything but jawas, snow trooper, imperial guard, Chewie, ewok scout, etc. if you want me to spend money on shards, give higher chance to have better characters in shipments.
  • Options
    Suggestion to add SIM tickets in squad arena prizes? Because I'm always running out ..
    "...I think I just blasted it." | Ally Code: 183-341-914 | Member of The New Rebellion | Youtube
  • Wifi
    36 posts Member
    Options
    Great work so far! The game is really coming along very nicely. As a big fan of the game so far, please be cautious not to flood the game with new characters, very few people are level 60 in my server and with the cap being increased, and increasingly expensive upgrade costs, if more characters are just flooded into the game, not many can keep up and some people may lose interest. I've seen it happen in other games and I am very interested in the longevity of this project. Looking forward to a well balanced release of content! And happy new year!

I disagree. The more characters you add, the better, especially for newer servers such as yours where very few are 60. In a newer sever you can easily switch your focus of team build to include these new characters because you have not heavily invested into any of them yet. For those of us who are on older servers and have spent countless days getting max stars and rank 7/8 gear, it would suck if they only brought out a couple new characters and they didn't synergize well with our current ones. We may have to build an entirely new team. For younger servers, your mold has not been cast yet and switching focus doesn't hurt you nearly as much.

I say bring out as many characters as possible, so people can think up multiple team synergies that could work so the game doesn't get boring.
  • Daprosy
    90 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Well I'm glad at lest someone else can see the major problem here. In order to have a half decent squad in a reasonable time new players literally have to search on the forums for a squad that has synergy and are easily farmable, without sinking too much time into characters that will not be usable past level 40.

Also as you say...the current chromium offerings are redundant unless you spend an insane amount of money as you just cant level them. The total no. of downloads on Android is over 600,000 and I dont believe that many people would have paid anything for this game. Say you put £5 down for a few packs and you dont really get anything from the chromiums, is that really going to make people want to invest more money? Of course you get the extreme guys who have more money that sense paying 100's of pounds/dollars who are currently keeping the game alive. However for a large no. of users to continue using the game this pricing strategy really must change IMO. Adding new content and characters will not help this in anyway, if the average joe cannot obtain them.

EA does this very well in Fifa Ultimate Team with the ridiculous pack odds, however the fanbase of fifa is much much bigger than this sort of game so the same strategy is just not going to cut it in the long run.

ATM I cannot recommend this game to friends as for it to not be a completely ridiculous grind you have to spend waaay too much money. However I think this game has HUGE potential, I dont often sign up to forums and post stuff for games but with a few tweaks here and there I really do think the game could be great. EA could also make a killing as it is very addictive and I want to spend money on the game (£20 ish, also bought the 30% extra crystals deal) but there isn't anything for me to buy with it currently that would make it worthwhile.
  • Options

Well I'm glad at lest someone else can see the major problem here. In order to have a half decent squad in a reasonable time new players literally have to search on the forums for a squad that has synergy and are easily farmable, without sinking too much time into characters that will not be usable past level 40.

Also as you say...the current chromium offerings are redundant unless you spend an insane amount of money as you just cant level them. The total no. of downloads on Android is over 600,000 and I dont believe that many people would have paid anything for this game. Say you put £5 down for a few packs and you dont really get anything from the chromiums, is that really going to make people want to invest more money? Of course you get the extreme guys who have more money that sense paying 100's of pounds/dollars who are currently keeping the game alive. However for a large no. of users to continue using the game this pricing strategy really must change IMO. Adding new content and characters will not help this in anyway, if the average joe cannot obtain them.

EA does this very well in Fifa Ultimate Team with the ridiculous pack odds, however the fanbase of fifa is much much bigger than this sort of game so the same strategy is just not going to cut it in the long run.

ATM I cannot recommend this game to friends as for it to not be a completely ridiculous grind you have to spend waaay too much money. However I think this game has HUGE potential, I dont often sign up to forums and post stuff for games but with a few tweaks here and there I really do think the game could be great. EA could also make a killing as it is very addictive and I want to spend money on the game (£20 ish, also bought the 30% extra crystals deal) but there isn't anything for me to buy with it currently that would make it worthwhile.

I agree with you. While EA obviously knows how to make money, it's baffling to me why they seem to rely on the absurdly slow energy refill, escalating costs as you refill that energy to do a slow grind farming shards and equipment, again with a very low drop rate. Now the thing that's wrong with that, is that it's frustrating a lot of people. Before anyone says farming is part of a game like this, yes it is. It just shouldn't cause frustration. I played PSO for 3,500+ hours and that game is nothing but farming missions and hanging with friends, so I know what farming entails.

Then there's their real cash cow: chromium packs that have a low chance of giving a full character. Again, once people realize that unles they spend a ton of money, they'll never level that card, and that ends in frustration. I, and many others, want to spend money on the game. Some things I hope to see in the game that would make the game more money, and feel like a much better value: The return of crystal subscription, and a better value than the 7 day option. I know they're working on bringing it back, and hoping for the best.

A VIP program that gives awards based on money spent, and as you go up in tiers, the rewards increase. Guarantee a full character in every x8 pull, and for every set amount of x8 pulls, guarantee a 4* character. If you drop $500 on card pulls, you should end up with something. Lots of games offer those types of offers and I feel it would encourage spending.
  • Options
    this may be a stupid question...but I just maxed at level 70...yet there are various things locked that say "unlocked at 72" etc.....Is this set up for when the level cap is increased, or is it associated with my characters levels? I have not gotten one to 70 yet so unsure if that is where it maxes out as well....
  • Options
    JediRush wrote: »
    this may be a stupid question...but I just maxed at level 70...yet there are various things locked that say "unlocked at 72" etc.....Is this set up for when the level cap is increased, or is it associated with my characters levels? I have not gotten one to 70 yet so unsure if that is where it maxes out as well....

It's for when the level cap is raised. 70 is the highest right now.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    JediRush wrote: »

A bit of necro thread, but yes, it is there for the future cap raises. At least lvl 90 is expected.
    Both player and character max level is 70 for now
  • Options
    The necro!!!

But those things will become available after the level cap is raised.