getting robbed in squad cantina battles!

Prev1
Since the last update there has been a significant reduction in the amount of character shards that are being paid out. I don't know if this was done purposely or if it's a glitch but it sucks none the less. I know games are into making money but this is just rediculous! I hope this will be addressed ASAP!

Replies

• Options
    I experienced the same drop. Of course it will be called a streak of bad luck.
  • Options
    I spent full energy and only received 1 shard. They can try, but it won't work. I think geed is coming into play more than anything
  • KozeeDJ
    59 posts Member
    Options
    I agree.
    I mentioned that during the cantina 2x bonus day where I spent 700 energy for only 2 freaking Lando shards. Last night I spent over 200 energy for no shards again.

within a few minutes of posting I had a mod remind me they didn't nerf the drop rate, but I call **** on that.. unless the RNG they use for this game is garbage and it will more often than not, give the player the shaft.
  • moemoney
    27 posts Member
    Options
    I went 0/22 this morning. Never had anything close to that.
  • Orions
    269 posts Member
    Options
    Feels the same as before for me, sometimes 1 to 5 in a row, to 1 or 0 for an entire refresh I've seen in the past week, nothing new here, RNG FTW!

O
  • Options
    Unfortunately, this drop is going to be related with developers trying to push people in spending more money.
    If truly no changes have been made to the rate, it could be a bug worth to investigate and address, instead of just waving the hand dismissing the claims of some costumers believing its just a tantrum.

In my opinion, low drop-rates creates frustration instead of fomenting money-investing.
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options
    Confirmation bias. I have noticed no change in shard drop rates.
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    I havent noticed a change either

drop rates were especially great for me during the double cantina, got anakin and IGD to 7* during that event, it was glorious
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    Options
    No drop in rates whatsoever.
    You really can't make statements like that based on the experience of a single day, or even a couple days.
    If it really bothers you, keep exact track for at least a week or more. It's a pretty safe bet it will be exactly 30%-33%
  • Hedgehog
    61 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Confirmation bias. I have noticed no change in shard drop rates.

This, I spent ~220 energy this morning and got 8 Luke shards. Better luck tomorrow!
  • Options
    Seems the same to me.
  • Options
    No change in drop rate. Win some days, lose some days. Yesterday I went 13/24 for Jawa* shards. Ching!
    *Yes, I'm farming Jawa shards.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    I feel no difference either. Granted my shard number decreased, because i am farming people from the 6th node in cantina. It's not like farming for GS or Old Ben, those cost only 8 energy.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    It's weird because I was just thinking about this. I have GS at 6* and Barriss at 6*. I seem to get more Barriss shards than I do GS.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    Shard drop rates cant be based on a day, two days, three days, or even a week's worth of activity. Track it over at least 3 months and you will see that your rate probably falls between 28 and 35%. We all remember the bad drop rate days we have but not the good days. (currently farming Barriss in cantina)
  • Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    Options
    There's no change in drop rates. If anything i did better when we had double drops, and doing the same weekly average now.
    I'm really sick of the crybabies that go 0/20 2 days in a row and feel the need to complain about it.
  • Options
    I'm getting shards. What I've not seen in five days now is one single purple ability material. Not one lol
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    Options
    The plural of anecdote is not data.
    Sith Yoda: mandryk.artstation.com
  • Veritasum
    754 posts Member
    Options
    Random is random. Today you can go 10 for 10 on shards and tomorrow 0 for 10. That's random. I probably average in the 1 for 6/7 range overall. Yes, I do wish it wasn't so severe, but them is the random breaks of the games I play.
  • Options
    Do any of you track your drop rates?

Here are my numbers for my cantina pulls going back to the double days. As you can see some days are better than others but I find that if you track your shard pull count it puts it into perspective and worth a try and you'll probably see it balances out. As you can see excluding the double days I'm on 30%

4th may
    34/43
    30/32
    6/22
    9/34
    15/37
    3/22
    9/30
    8/22
    Today

UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Goosy
    173 posts Member
    Options
    I have the same droprate as always around 3-4 rg shards on 120 energy
  • Options
    Since the last update there has been a significant reduction in the amount of character shards that are being paid out. I don't know if this was done purposely or if it's a glitch but it sucks none the less. I know games are into making money but this is just rediculous! I hope this will be addressed ASAP!

I have the opposite of your luck so I'm happy with all my royal guard shards :smile:
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Go track your next 1000 pills You will get somewhere around the 33%. There is no reason for debs to mess with the rates when they have been designed to be terrible.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    Options
    Since the last update there has been a significant reduction in the amount of character shards that are being paid out.

Go back to first day the game was out.. this is a REPEAT thread (many many times) the game has NOT changed, shards are hard to get.. so there is no reduction.

It's not a coin toss it's a percentage, and its 33%.. it level out over time... today you get none, tomorrow you get 5.. next day 2, next 2 more.. 3 days 3 a day..

That's called RANDOM sequence, I am guess you never too statistics in college.. or just statistics at all.

Its supposed to be an element of RANDOM that's how games work.. ALL of them. Predictability leads to boredom, boredom leads to hate, hate leads.. oh forget it..

• Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    Options

I have the opposite of your luck so I'm happy with all my royal guard shards :smile:

Criticism is clouding your judgement I guarantee you the same drop rate as the rest of us.. you don't track it, so of course it will seem off... you WANT more shards..

• Options
    I get the sense something is off with the drop rate, but I don't think it's game-wide. It feels like some nodes drop more shards than other. Another poster mentioned RG; his nodes have a good drop rate (I got a bunch last night), but other drops seem oddly low, especially gear to get to VII (for protection). Plo and Daka drop rates are abysmal. I farm Daka every day and sometimes two or three days go by before I get a single shard (three harvests per day). Maybe it is just luck but I get the feeling drop rates vary depending on the node.
  • Options
    Everytime theres an update people say there was a drop rate reduction. So whats it at now? 0.6%?
  • Options
    EA only wants money
  • Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    Options
    TLDR: I do think there could be an issue with their RNG.

Some background:
    Real random numbers on a computer aren't possible so an algorithm is used. This algorithm generates a sequence with (apparently) zero correlation between terms. After a certain length of sequence it is not possible to spot any pattern in the terms (i.e. they seem random).

However, it is a known problem that some basic RNG algorithms aren't truly random and in fact, can require a long 'burn in' before the numbers are truly random. Prior to this burn-in one can have long sequences (hot or cold streaks) that occur more commonly than would be expected from a true random process.

I suspect this may be happening in the game. This would mean both sides above are correct - there are indeed cold streaks which don't seem random (and shouldn't occur as much as they do) but the long term averages work out as they should. Both these things can be true in this situation.

If I am right then the best thing to do when you get a cold streak is to go and do some other action in the game (e.g. leave cantina and do a challenge or something to reset the RNG sequence). I find this does tend to break the cycle of the cold streak. Of course, if you have a success then keep going as the 'bad' RNG may be favouring you in such cases.

Of course, all this could be confirmation bias, but a bugged RNG is certainly quite possible and would display the properties that people do seem to observe (and given how many other bugs are in the game it wouldn't surprise me at all!)

See here for an example of a RNG with these issues: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mersenne_Twister
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I don't believe that any computer RNG issues would be observable in this game. Certainly no one who has tracked a random sample of drops has ever been outside of six sigma and I dont think I've ever seen anyone worse than 3 sigma.

Non random samples of course have reported worse samples as would be expected but it is not possible to tell what percentage these make up since bad luck is over reported relative to good luck.
This discussion has been closed.