Can we do something with Dooku?!?!

YaksterX
5 posts Member
edited May 2016
Ok, so every character has pros and cons some are less balanced than others but yeah ok I get it.
My problem is Dooku:

Pros:
Stun - check
Ability Block - check
Double Attack - check
Double counter - check
High survivabilty (from some unknown reason) - check
Meter regeneration - check
Evasion when leader - check

Cons:
*crickets*

OK, here is a scenario:
Galactic war! Woooo exciting!

My team: Luminara, Phasma, Vader, Asaj, and Palpatine - all 74, 7 stars (other than Vader) with 7 in every skill, led me through some rough Galactic Wars and into top 100 in PVP, yeah!

Enemy team: Count Dooku (70)... we do not care for the others really (all 70).

Battle sequence: Dooku lightning - stuns 2. Dooku attack stuns another and bonus attack ability block.
The rest of his team is going, then Dooku once again surprisingly double attack and stun another.
My turn: Umm... I will attack with umm... ok vader you are the only one not stunned so go ahead.
Good Vader! You have scratched someone's shield!
Dooku: double attack I mean why not?
Enemy Phasma used "Victory March", Dooku FTW with double attack because why not.
Dooku also gained meter and is going again for another double attack because why not.
Their team is now going.
Dooku again with a double attack.
My turn: Finally yeah! Let's kick them! Aaaaannndddd... I have Vader... just Vader... Hmm... Ok... I will umm... GRRRRR!!!

Can we do something about this please?
You can not have a champion that does a decent (sometimes really spike high) amount of damage, is tanky at higher levels, does double attack (which makes that damage even more brutal), double counter (did I say damage?), stun lock, ability lock, and has evasion because god why not.
This is a bad game design for crying out loud. I mean you have some insanely strong characters in there that are OP but this is just rubbish and game breaking. And the stupid Dooku just keeps on going as his meter just keeps on regenerating. He is single handedly taking out teams that have way higher stats than him.

You can not have a level 70 character wiping the floor with fully geared and upgraded level 74 team. And it is not just that team, it is every team I have. It is like his shield doesn't go down, then his health doesn't go down, and if he is a leader, you can not even touch him because he dodges like 80% of the time.

You can not even use AOE against the other team because you will get slaughtered by his counter so here is another Pro for him. And by the time he is down, half your team is down or just about to go down.

I sometime think that you guys have it rigged in some matches it is just impossible that this is normal. My characters can never do the same things and miracles like the AI does.
Anyways, that is for a different discussion.

Lower the double attack chance, lower the counter chance perhaps? If not, then make him squishier? Or less shield? Who ever had the idea of shields by the way... IT IS STUPID!!! (specially on galactic war when it doesn't regenerate :p ), but that too, is for a different discussion.

Please nerf him a bit? Maybe just a tad?
I bet I am not the only one with this issue. And it is every time I see a dooku that is level 70. It is like fighting a raid boss.

Does anyone else feels the same?

Replies

• Options
    No
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Dook is super easy after the update

Noob killer strikes again
  • Myzyri
    66 posts Member
    Options
    Hahaha throw RG, St Han, Rey, Old Daka, and QGJ on the list. Dooku is dead
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah the recent patch severely nerfed counters, and Dooku still suffers from a near total lack of DPS. As soon as I get Ben geared, he's replacing Dooku.
  • Options
    Dooku remains the #1 leader in the arena and GW nodes on my server. His skill set is ridiculously out of proportion, and with the extra AI proc rate, he is a stunning, blocking, double tapping beast. If they would just cut ONE of his abilities, he would still be one of the best toons. Alas, complaints about Dooku just put you on the ridicule list, which is unfortunate...
  • pazyluz
    10 posts Member
    Options
    I agree.
  • Options
    Galaxy of Dooku!!

Maybe this is intentional because I definitely hate Dooku in this game as much as I did watching the prequels. If these were Vader's abilities," I'd be like, "Wow. I need that character too." Instead, I think, "**** this is a thing I have to do..." After the nerf, my Dooku isn't that great, but the AI controlled Dookus in Arena and GW are annoying as hell.
  • Options
    No, Dooku is fine the way he is
  • Options
    Well I do not have issues with Rey, Qui, Daka and such as much as with Dooku. I hate him so much it is insane. Just balance him out a bit. Nothing good about a character that is OP all around. And not sure what they have nerfed about him he is just really kicking ****.

The issue is how a lvl 70 character can even take out a all team of 74s that are fully upgraded and 7 stars? And I can barely move. The AI is the most luckiest crap I have seen in games.

There is challenging and then there is frustrating. Dooku is the later, and that is a shame because the game is fun other than that. I do not ind getting owned every now and then but not every time I meet Dooku :( And in GW it is even worst than in PVP.
  • Options
    Agreed. Whole team evades 33% of the time plus stuns, much weaker teams are killing me over and over because of Dooku. Since the last update this pvp is no longer any fun, super frustrating. What's up with attacks that land but do zero damage? I've invested time and money for months for the game I loved to be destroyed by bad math/programming.
  • Options
    Dooku shapes the meta. It's even worse since they fixed his leader ability. It's not that he's too powerful. It's that he's too much... something.

He's easily killable, but you need 3-4 attacks minimum, and he'll get 10-12 attacks in that span.