Is raising current lvl cap to 70 a good or bad idea for the gane

2Next

Replies

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Great idea under the premiss they also massivly increase credit rewards
    Skye wrote: »
    Honestly I don't even know why this is a poll, it's going to happen regardless of what people think, good or bad. All the stuff is already there in placeholders and stuff.. Look at some of the lvl 6 abilities or gear 8 stuff they all show requirements for things above our current cap...

The real question should really be are they going to raise the level cap beyond 70!

The answer is obviosly yes cap will eventually go beyond 70 for the reasons you stated lol. The readon its a poll because i wanted to guage ppls views an opinions on the fact they are raising it. Its not a poll to determine weather it will be raised or not (they announced it will happen). Its a poll to gauge players thoughts on weather its a good idea or not (as stated previously)
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    ObiWang wrote: »
    Want to see @EA_Jesse opinion

Agreed fully, i mostly did this for the devs so they can see the concerns and hopefully address them. The points about credit cost to lvl, content that scales, fixing current issues before hand, polishing the game properly, etc raise some VERY valid and interesting points.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    I think it's a good idea in the future, but they should bring in a few more characters and make the current characters which are only p2p farmable. Other than that it's great, yay for more power

Making too s like ben farmable is a terrible idea (mostly). There are too s that sinply must be bought unless you get excessivly lucky. If they were farmable, there'd be no point in spending money an if no money is being made we cant play the game.

Now i do think there could be a special arena/event like GW where you earn currency to buy shards if characters that you have unlocked via purchases (i.e. From chromium or from bundles). In this model, if you have purchased a character (not just a lucky bronze pull) you'd gain access to a way to star them up and make them useable. The design is there (set it up like GW) and as you purchase toons, they show up in that venues shipmemts.
  • Options
    Great idea
    One con is that people will just stop using JC (probably) in arena. He will be stuck at 8 while some others may get to 9.

I stopped using him already but one of his biggest draws is that he can develop farther than 90% of the other heroes.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    One con is that people will just stop using JC (probably) in arena. He will be stuck at 8 while some others may get to 9.

I stopped using him already but one of his biggest draws is that he can develop farther than 90% of the other heroes.

A solid heal every 2 turns is pretty appealing haha. I think hes best suited for GW personally but i think your rite. My question is, how do you know what gear is max for him? Isint it possible they will raise it (make new gear lvls)? I dont think higher gear lvls is needed really but if we currently cant max him due to lvl cap, how do we know what max gear actually is???
  • HavokTrigger
    897 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Great idea
    Well they are raising the cap to 70 but JC needs to be 73 to get his next gear level.

That said, they may have chosen this level so no character can go past level 8.
  • Options
    Great feedback here everyone. I really appreciate how you all expressed your concerns in a constructive manner :)

I'll be sharing all of this with the rest of the team on Monday.

As for what I think about the level cap increase? I'm all for it. I know some of the issues that have been brought up in the forums will be resolved in the same update that will be coming out for the level cap increase. Once the update is live I'll be posting notes to go along with it that will show everything that has been addressed.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • HavokTrigger
    897 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Great idea
    Coolio. I can't wait.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Great feedback here everyone. I really appreciate how you all expressed your concerns in a constructive manner :)

I'll be sharing all of this with the rest of the team on Monday.

As for what I think about the level cap increase? I'm all for it. I know some of the issues that have been brought up in the forums will be resolved in the same update that will be coming out for the level cap increase. Once the update is live I'll be posting notes to go along with it that will show everything that has been addressed.

Awesome to hear
  • Options
    Skye wrote: »
    Honestly I don't even know why this is a poll, it's going to happen regardless of what people think, good or bad. All the stuff is already there in placeholders and stuff.. Look at some of the lvl 6 abilities or gear 8 stuff they all show requirements for things above our current cap...

The real question should really be are they going to raise the level cap beyond 70!
    How does have anything to do with this being a poll?

I'm pretty sure everyone knew it was going to happen eventually, but it is nice to have more information on whether or not people agree it should happen sooner or later.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    It's too soon. There's multiple features that have yet to be released and deserve more attention. I'd also wager most of the player base hasn't even hit the current level cap yet. Grinding levels is not content. Once the new cap is reached people will be in the same position they were before. Poorly developed games are ones that attempt to substitute levels for content.

So yes it's a good idea.....later.....after missing/unfinished content is implemented.
    Post edited by Telaan on
  • Belg
    38 posts Member
    Options
    Terrible idea
    A delay for me. I dont think the time is right yet without new content.

Increase in level cap + new content or convert XP to credits when at level cap.
  • Options
    Great idea
    Well I've been sitting on 60 for 3-4 days and I already feel for the soft-launch crew. Without a real feel of progression it gets a bit depressing. Still not bored yet but all the characters I use are maxed and Im almost finished farming the gear needed to get them to g8 when the update hits.
  • Options
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    i think that by raising the cap now, youre just going to see more level 70 chewie, jc, lumi, sid, dooku teams instead of makng people unlock some of the other characters and exploring new synergies and strategies.

Exactly this.

I'm level 58 now, and I've only got one decent team. I'd love to be able to farm heroes for a couple of months before they raised the cap. Also there are others who are far below my level (I'm level 58) who won't be able to expand their roster because of this.

I think that raising the level cap is a good idea for certain players, but I don't know if it is best for the game.

Hopefully they already completed it a while ago and it won't take much effort to release it so they can focus on more important issues.

So my opinion is 'Good idea, but there will be major consequences for a large proportion of the player base'.

It may only benefit 50% of us.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Terrible idea
    Consular needs level 73 to upgrade gear so it will go higher than 70 at one point
  • Options
    Great idea
    Well Boba needs 74. My guess right now is that most characters, if not all, will be restricted to tier 8 gear.
  • Options
    Great idea
    I really like the idea...but I guess I am biased, I am just coming up to 60 now so climbing to 70 will mean I do not sit around farming where I am at and get to farm my 60 things on a 60+ income!

I just hope space battles come with it lol...and what I would not give for some kind of arena style practice so you can play more then 2 hours max a day lol.
  • Options
    Terrible idea
    Too early.

Like others have said, I feel another month at level 60 would let more players hit cap and diversify their roster and level up toons. Also there are existing bugs that haven't been resolved yet. There needs to be an XP>Credit conversion at max level though.

It's also spelt premise by the way.
  • TK421
    19 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Raising the cap from 60 to 70 is a demoralizing idea to me at the moment, and, mind you, I am already at 60. The reason I do not relish the level increase is because I was looking forward to a period of time I could focus on getting a bunch of characters leveled up to max, or near max. This has been a much slower process than I originally thought it would be. Moreover, I believe having more than 5-10 characters at max gear/level is getting more and more important. I used to be able to get through GW with my "A" team alone. Now, however, as more people have had a chance to level/gear up GW is getting much more difficult, and, for me at least, requires more depth of characters. The last three battles always give me trouble, and I would say my completion rate is down to 60-70 percent from 90-100 a few weeks ago.

Personally I would rather the level cap remain at 60 for the month of January and increase in February. I am okay with the level cap increasing if the credits are drastically increased as well, as stated in the poll. I don't believe they will do that, however, and GW will get more daunting.
    Post edited by TK421 on
  • Options
    You guys forgot a about us :disappointed: we soft launchies have been hugging lvl60 cap for 4 months... As the 'lucky' (all the bugs/balancing we had to bear with during test phase) ones who got to play earlier, we kept our voice to ourselves about raising caps because global needs to catch up.

And boy has it been long, we have been here since September. I believe I can speak for the rest of soft launch community, "It's about *beep* time".

*we are so bored, we are seeing capped out Rebel Soldier and Genosian Soldier in arena top 10
  • Options
    Terrible idea
    For me its a bit too soon. i started playing start of december and tomorrow i will reach 60. Finished all the standard toons (lumi, sid, jc etc.) and This is the point i can finally get to level some new characters. If the level cap is raised i have to focus my resources again on the standard ones in order to keep up in pvp. Maybe if they do it end of january i'll be ok with it.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    SeroZero wrote: »
    You guys forgot a about us :disappointed: we soft launchies have been hugging lvl60 cap for 4 months... As the 'lucky' (all the bugs/balancing we had to bear with during test phase) ones who got to play earlier, we kept our voice to ourselves about raising caps because global needs to catch up.

And boy has it been long, we have been here since September. I believe I can speak for the rest of soft launch community, "It's about *beep* time".

*we are so bored, we are seeing capped out Rebel Soldier and Genosian Soldier in arena top 10

I will fully agree its prob past due time for soft launches (i will note tho that the soft launch peeps have in no way "kept our voices to ourselves about raising caps")

I cant think of a single time that anyone mentioned a lvl cap raise w/out a soft launcher sayin "what about us" or "well i have been blah blah blah for months".

The "i have been capped out forever" argument to me in invalid because its selfish to that group and benefits noone else.
    The "i wont be able to diversify and expand roster due to not being capped out" to me is invalid for the same reason, its only considering a select group.

Its tough to please everyone and no matter what they do, they will fail in that reguard. Everyone sits at dif stages of the game and dif features, options, changes will effect each player group in dif ways.

I am lvl 58 (prob 60 by tomorrow) and i too was looking forward to relaxing and expanding roster and star'n up some extra players.
    What this player group needs to understand is, With a cap increase you are not forced into sprinting to lvl 70. You can relax an work on other things. Jumping to lvl 70 is an option (a choice) not a requirement.

What i do wanna say is those soft launch that have been capped and been wanting this for a while (as I said, i feel its past due) dont just rush it like most will then sit around crying about being capped lol (that was a general statement an not at you serozero)