AGI Gear Challenge - tier II

Prev1
Alkaline
1 posts Member
edited January 2016
Is this challenge soul crushingly hard or am I a suck . I have Talia, JC and Biggs available for this fight

Replies

• Options
    Depends on what level you are. You will eventually be able to beat all of the challenges. Some times you just need more characters to make it possible... or easier. For a few weeks i was unable to beat it and now its like a cake-walk. U will get there.

Trentazoid
  • Options
    You suck,sorry but Its tru
  • JWH
    138 posts Member
    Options
    Barriss is my lead. Lando, JC, Talia and Sid--all 4 stars. I have no trouble with Savage and with this team neither should you.
  • Options
    Pay no mind to rude folks here. I do the top one and it is easy. I'm guessing Savage is your round 3 enemy, yes?

I'll advise based on him being it. Run at least 1 healer. I run Barriss and JC

First take out the droids or they will snipe you after he uses overpower. No matter the toon you go to zero life, so end the droids first, than beat him down. Stunners help too. I run Barriss lead, JC, Ventress, Secura, Dooku. The stuns help slow him down as you chop him down. His basic does little damage. The key is take out the droids before he lands his special.
  • Options
    The droids heal you too, you could try and take them down to nearly dead then finish them off for their heals but that could backfire.
  • Options
    thanks I figured I just needed more characters I only have 3
  • Options
    This is the only challenge I ever struggled with when it first became available for me to play. Once I got a fourth character and a couple of levels, it became beatable. Now it's really easy.
  • NachoFoot
    63 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Had to run tier 1 for the longest time with just JC and Talia. Finally unlocked Dooku and 3 star it immediately. Dooku is weak? yeah right..
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • Options
    You can beat it with just JC and Talia...more helps.

You need to kill the Droids first. Don't use Talia's special.
    After Savage does his aoe, use JC's heal and finish off the droids.
    Use Talia's special to plant expose on Savage.
    It should be a few turns before he can use his aoe.
    Continue until Savage dies.
  • Belg
    38 posts Member
    Options
    Heh, press autoplay, collect loot? (Daka, JC, Talia, Dooku, Poe)
  • Options
    I run dooku, urglglglglrlrlrlglr(you get the idea), Daka, now phasma, and talia. Once I land a stun or slow(very seldom I don't), droids will attack off pattern after his aoe. And I don't ever worry about them. Practically auto'ing through it.

But that's what I do .
    467-325-146
    Pretty good collection of characters so far and GROWING
  • Options
    I'm fine with the tier 2 healer/support and attacker challenges, but I haven't got any decent tanks to do the tank challenge. By far the most important challenge is the attacker challenge though. Start farming those purple laptops asap.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    I'm fine with the tier 2 healer/support and attacker challenges, but I haven't got any decent tanks to do the tank challenge. By far the most important challenge is the attacker challenge though. Start farming those purple laptops asap.

Just level your Poe. I finish it on auto with Chewie, Bobba, and level 30 poe, trooper, Royal guard. If you level Poe instead of Bobba, it should be basically the same thing.
    Pay to win-The biggest whiners on this board.
  • Options
    @cosmicturtle333
    For real. It's like every character needs 1000 of those things.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thinice wrote: »
    The droids heal you too, you could try and take them down to nearly dead then finish them off for their heals but that could backfire.

Don't do this. On the harder difficulty levels the droids will one shot your toons at 1 hp immediately after he does his special. Kill the droids first no matter what. You should have enough heals on your team that you don't need the droids for that.

I run:
    4* Barris lead
    4* Talia
    4* Dooku
    5* JC
    4* Daka

Between Daka/Dooku's stuns and Talia's DoT it's not uncommon for me to down savage before he makes a single move.
  • Options

Just level your Poe. I finish it on auto with Chewie, Bobba, and level 30 poe, trooper, Royal guard. If you level Poe instead of Bobba, it should be basically the same thing.

I've only got Chewie, Royal Guard, FO Stormtrooper and a level 1 mob enforcer.
  • Options

Didnt everyone get a free poe?
    Pay to win-The biggest whiners on this board.
  • Options

IOS got Poe, Android got Phasma.
  • Options
    If you usemphasma her speed debuff on one of the droids, you can kill them after a special as well. The only fiht you actually cant autobattle with most setups. I use bariss, jc, talia, ventress and phasma.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    I find my Daka stuns at an incredibly high rate against Oppress in this challenge. I also run Dooku and Ventress and even she will get the odd stun in on her basic.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Izzel
    14 posts Member
    Options
    I normally auto-play it with my stunner-line up (Ventress, Dooku, Daka, Coruscant Police and Consular), takes extreme amount of luck for Savage to get off a turn much less an overpower in the duration of the round.

If you lack stunners or wanna play it safe, kill the droids first, those are the stuffs that kills you.
  • Options
    You can beat it with just JC and Talia...more helps.

You need to kill the Droids first. Don't use Talia's special.
    After Savage does his aoe, use JC's heal and finish off the droids.
    Use Talia's special to plant expose on Savage.
    It should be a few turns before he can use his aoe.
    Continue until Savage dies.

Need more help here.

I have Barris, JC, Ventress, Taklia. I start on a droid, get it done about 2/3s then savage attacks and takes them all down to 1. Then a droid takes out JC and someone else. The the other two are gone by the other droid next round.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    What level and gear do you have? The right strategy involves knocking out the two droids before he does his big attack, so that you can heal before he kills you. If the droids are still alive that long then even they will kill you before you can heal.
    Bottom line is that if you can't kill the droids that fast, then you're not strong enough to do tier two yet.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    In my experience u do NOT need to worry about the droids. I just go for sav op only. Once he does his aoe use tap or JC to heal. Then right back to hitting op. Works every time.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    JoshG wrote: »
    In my experience u do NOT need to worry about the droids. I just go for sav op only. Once he does his aoe use tap or JC to heal. Then right back to hitting op. Works every time.

That's cause you're doing tier 1. In tier 2 the droids take their turn immediately following savage's special. They will insta-gib your toons....guaranteed...unless you do like everyone else here has said. Kill the droids first.
  • Options
    Old Daka seems to chain stun him.. It makes it pretty easy.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    I sometimes lose 1 toon in this challenge as well because I usually am able to kill just 1. Even with 4 toons I still kill him eventually ;) Just use the consular heal after first hit, talia heal after second hit and so on.
    But ye if you can't kill 1 droid you don't have enough dmg yet.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Alkaline wrote: »
    thanks I figured I just needed more characters I only have 3

I do it with three characters. I only have three eligible to use and I get it done quite consistently after a lot of trial and error.

I use Phasma as lead, Talia in the next spot, and JC in third slot. I don't know why, but if I don't place them in this exact order, I get weird results with the droids.

Upon reaching the last fight, it usually starts me with either Talia or Phasma. If it starts me with Phasma, I use her AoE. Then, whichever droid doesn't get the speed debuff, I attack it first (if neither get it, attack whichever has the least life). For me this next part gets tricky, as if I use JC's special on the first droid, it prompts Savage to do his 1HP attack; thus causing the second droid to attack, and of course it kills JC. So for JC, on the first droid, I only use his basic attack, but do use Talia's special.

If you manage to get the first droid down in a couple of hits, Savage should only do a basic attack. Then you can focus fire the second droid. On this one, use JC's special, and whatever you have to kill the droids before Savage gets another turn. While most of the time the droid may attack before Savage, giving you an extra turn to kill it, sometime Savage dies his 1HP attack just before the droids turn, and the droid kills your JC. In that case, just restart and try again.

Once the droids are down it's just simple rotation of attacks and heals. Use JC to heal after each big attack, and use Talia's Special to inflict more damage, as Savage takes additional damage while ANY debuff is applied. I have only used Talia's heal when the turn rotation got messed up and JC's heal had one turn left for cool down.

All that being said, try putting Biggs as lead, then Talia second, then JC third. I could just be superstitious, but their order was literally the difference in having JC killed by a droid, and not.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options

Wait, what? I got nothing free
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options
    J0K3R wrote: »

Wait, what? I got nothing free

You had to be playing when they were given away free. I'm guessing you are a new player?

Welcome to the forum :#