Yoda challenge - level 90 omega Megathread

Replies

• Options
    I've got 4 6* Jedi and one 5* a'll with lv 7 gear or better they're all between lv 63 and 65. I can barely scratch him, I think I've gotten him into yellow twice in about 50 attempts
  • Duckoo
    279 posts Member
    Options
    It's not just stars, gear matters as well. It's doable. I just got through tier 6 and 7. 7 starred jedi with gear 7.
  • Saturn74
    78 posts Member
    Options
    No use
  • BaksoKikil
    129 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I only got Lumi Maxed... The others are still 4* LOL... never bothered starring up jedis as I dont even use them. I even use Lumi only for GW.
  • Options
    BaksoKikil wrote: »
    Lucky I havent bothered starring up my jedis to catch up in this event.... I dont event think Yoda is worth to be in my arena team hehehe....

Yoda is The Master, no matter what EA developers think about it.
  • Weaver
    4 posts Member
    Options
    I've read some of the victory strategies and follow them but I still can't avoid the 5-6 attacks in a row by yoda that hit for 10 k + or the dodging countless attacks or the 1 super hot that takes out my level 8 gear plus 3/4 hp. By the time I kill 1 opponent, 3-4 of my team is dead.

• Tane
    26 posts Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • Options
    Martianski wrote: »
    BaksoKikil wrote: »
    Lucky I havent bothered starring up my jedis to catch up in this event.... I dont event think Yoda is worth to be in my arena team hehehe....

Yoda is The Master, no matter what EA developers think about it.

He is the master in the movies, yes. But when I use a jedi, Dooku always keeps stunning them, and I'm done. Thats why I hate using jedis in the arena.
  • Options
    I havent!
  • Hellcat
    319 posts Member
    Options
    Wolviebane wrote: »
    I cannot believe the devs would straight up lie to us knowing people can watch videos of past yoda events and see they were doing half the damage he does now.

It is sad that honesty isn't what they are about. From Reddit calling out people for complaining and saying nothing has changed. It is like I am seeing Jesse face on Baghdad bob trying to act like nothing is wrong, when the last three updates and this event have been a disgrace, but why I am I not surprised this is EA we are talking about voted worst company in America numerous times. That's a great goal to achieve looks like they could heading down the path yet again.

Exactly. For the trolls who keep saying ''it was just as difficult back then''. Obviously they are talking out of their butts because if they had finished the event before, they don't get to play this Yoda event.
    Here are the video of the 7* yoda challenge back then
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z979Zj1O574
    If you can't be bother with numbers, notice how Yoda's basic removes only 1/5 (1/4 at most) of QGJ's health bar? Now he ALWAYS puts you into yellow or even red with one hit. And if the AI decides to hit you with his sidekicks next, your toon is gone. Doesn't matter how much health you start with. And the developers dare to make it sound like it is the same as before.
  • Glhdtrim
    19 posts Member
    Options
    I did it with Ashoka (L), QGJ, JC, Eeth, Lumi. All gear8 and level 75-78. Yoda had Eeth and Plo. I killed Yoda first but I was very lucky. He missed a lot while he had offense up,etc. QGJ is a must imo.
  • Options
    Zathrack wrote: »
    Eeth Koth is just garbage on Yoda's Last tier challenge?

Actually he is great light saber fodder to distract Yoda from your REAL Jedi.
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    Weaver wrote: »
    I've read some of the victory strategies and follow them but I still can't avoid the 5-6 attacks in a row by yoda that hit for 10 k + or the dodging countless attacks or the 1 super hot that takes out my level 8 gear plus 3/4 hp. By the time I kill 1 opponent, 3-4 of my team is dead.

That's why this challenge is so lame. It's pure luck. Several strategies work, but none can defend against a sudden onslaught of 12k crits. You just repeat until you get lucky with incoming damage.
  • Options
    Macellis wrote: »
    I just beat him on the 2nd try. Wasn't too bad.

No you didn't.
    Unless your a whale with lvl 80 fully omega gear 11 jedis or you did teir 5

I beat him on my second attempt as well.. I spend as little as 10 dollars per month for this game, the key to beating him is on how you spend your crystal.. I spend my crystal on two fusion furnace and hey, it work well on me!
  • ProfmyGR
    53 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @EA_Jesse
    You haven't change anything in the Yoda Event 7*. Why you tell us lies? 95% of f2p doesn't win this event and we are grind 3 months for 7* Yoda. I am playing 6 straight hours and i can't beat this Yoda with my team (Luminara, Consular, Qui-Gon, Eeth, Mace all 70+ with full gear 8 minus 1 item as f2p) Are you trying to us quit the game with all those changes every time? Are you want frustrated people against you? I am wondering...
  • Options
    Forgive me for not reading through 28 pages and 800 comments of people arguing, but can someone tell me if plo koon is useful at all in the yoda challenge at tier 7? My 7*s will be barriss lumi JC QGJ plo and ima, I was thinking all but jc but I might do all but plo
  • Options
    Only took me 80 tries. ;) Did it with all Level 78 QGJ (Leader), Lumi, Mace, Ashoka and JC. Persistence is key. You've got to get two lesser guardians (if he's protected by a healer, it's a loss). When I won, it was Plo Koon and Eeth. Go after the guardians first, then Yoda alone. They had to make it harder after raising everyone to level 80. It's do-able, and Yoda tells you at the outset that it's about dedication.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    @AlwaysABigerFish one of my guildies was able to beat him with plo. He's a good meat bag
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Options
    Gratz on completing the event!
  • Options
    Thanks. I feel everyone's frustration, I was gonna throw my phone into the woods at one point today.

• Options
    It took me 30 tries to beat Yoda 6 so i cant imagine for Yoda 7 :'(
  • Options
    Mazurka wrote: »
    @AlwaysABigerFish one of my guildies was able to beat him with plo. He's a good meat bag

Thanks, it'll be a few months but once they're all 7* I'll give it a try. Maybe plo will get a rework by then
  • Options
    Hellcat wrote: »
    I cannot believe the devs would straight up lie to us knowing people can watch videos of past yoda events and see they were doing half the damage he does now.

It is sad that honesty isn't what they are about. From Reddit calling out people for complaining and saying nothing has changed. It is like I am seeing Jesse face on Baghdad bob trying to act like nothing is wrong, when the last three updates and this event have been a disgrace, but why I am I not surprised this is EA we are talking about voted worst company in America numerous times. That's a great goal to achieve looks like they could heading down the path yet again.

Exactly. For the trolls who keep saying ''it was just as difficult back then''. Obviously they are talking out of their butts because if they had finished the event before, they don't get to play this Yoda event.
    If you can't be bother with numbers, notice how Yoda's basic removes only 1/5 (1/4 at most) of QGJ's health bar? Now he ALWAYS puts you into yellow or even red with one hit. And if the AI decides to hit you with his sidekicks next, your toon is gone. Doesn't matter how much health you start with. And the developers dare to make it sound like it is the same as before.

SO, Yoda doesn't crit at 10k-15k like he does right now, and @EA_Jesse said nothing was changed (https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/39229/grand-master-yoda-event-info-5-12-2016#latest), LOL ! They have no scruples about lying to us !
  • Hellcat
    319 posts Member
    Options
    For people looking for ''advice'' here, let me just remind you that there are more trolls than you can imagine on this forum, and especially this thread. DO NOT believe everything you read here. There are sick people out there who intentionally mislead people and enjoy watching them run in loops. Just be careful.
  • Azrex_Dren
    55 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Running 70+ QGJ, Lumi, Ahsoka, JC and Eeth with no luck yet on tier 7. Just geared lumi and eeth up to 8 so the whole squad is gear 8 and pumped into Ahsoka's leader ability so I can get some dodge. Have to say... I've noticed a huge difference already. I saw Yoda in the yellow... the god king bleeds.

To everyone saying it's too hard I have to wonder how many are really outmatched and how many just don't want a challenge. If this game was so easy everyone had every character and each one maxed out too how would this be any fun? Just throwing the dice at eachother then. People wont quit because it's challenging, they'll quit when it's boring. This round of Yoda has been crazy tough but I wouldn't call it boring. Just my two cents on page 29...
  • Options
    I wish I could say I was surprised by EA straight up lying to us but who would I be kidding?
  • Yadda_123
    187 posts Member
    Options
    Glad I haven't wasted any money on this game. With every update comes a new broken mechanic. Yoda just isn't worth it.
  • cuyler41
    107 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Did it today. (L)QGJ 76, snips 75, luminara 76, Barriss 75 and Eeth 72. All gear 8. F2P

Yoda had Plo and Barriss. Threw everything at Yoda, qgj debuff on Plo, offense up, took out the master first.

After that killed Plo and auto'd Barriss. Got lucky she never healed the other 2. You need some luck for sure. So I wish you some..... gl!
  • Options
    trashcanus wrote: »
    Hellcat wrote: »

SO, Yoda doesn't crit at 10k-15k like he does right now, and @EA_Jesse said nothing was changed (https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/39229/grand-master-yoda-event-info-5-12-2016#latest), LOL ! They have no scruples about lying to us !

I have to agree, if he's always been lvl90 there would've been no way on gawds green earth a lvl70 (pre lvl80 update) would've ever... EVER... Been able to beat him, especially when Jedi have been as useful as a wet tissue... Sorry but I call pig doodles! Complete & utter pig doodles!
  • Daaaaarp
    11 posts Member
    Options
    It is not doable with yoda killing 3 chars from full HP in single turn. It is not up to skill, but luck. Fix it else.you will see many players leaving the game
This discussion has been closed.