What trully makes the Yoda event not possible

Prev1
CanadianMol
35 posts Member
edited May 2016
Its not the change in yoda himself that make the event that harder, but instead it is all the other changes that were made in the game that makes this event so difficult now.
Let me explain :

First of all, it is the change in Luminara Unduli passive heals that spoils everything. The fact that now it is a buff that yoda can steal and use to heals-back 12k health just let no chance to the people who don't have Barris and have to use Luminara for healing purpose. This change just makes Lumi's heal so useless, cause as soon as you use it, the Yoda immediatly use his aoe (which kills the toon that you were using heal for, and then let yoda play again and instantly heals all the dmgs you've dealt to him...). It's so frustating... ><' now it makes Barris the only viable option for the 7* yoda event, and so all the others including me that don't have her can't stand a chance against yoda as it is right now.

Secondly: The change in the foresight mechanics and the way it interracts with QGJ assist.
Nothing to add there, you all know what i'm talking about.

Finally : the fact that when you dispell yoda's tenacity buff, it no longer give offense up with QGJ...
this change make 0 sens, really....

I think that regarding all this change that makes it impossible for the a big majority of players to complete tier7 YOda event, EA should let us have one ally mate Jedi's as a 6 crew member.
Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on

Replies

• tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Don't use Lumi's heal until you know you can dispel it with QGJ AND kill Yoda with the Offense Up on your team. You need multiple healers on your team to survive through the ordeal. I used 4 healers: Barriss as lead with JC, Lumi, and Ahsoka and QGJ in my 5th slot.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    It is possible. I beat it earlier w Obi lead, QGJ, Lumi, Ashoka and Annakin
  • Bobdog87
    31 posts Member
    Options
    I beat tier 7 in 5 tries:

Qgj (l): level 78, g10
    Lumi: level 78, g8
    Eeth: level 70, g8
    Mace: level 70, g8
    Jc: level 70, g8

I landed a stun on yoda early using ek and won that round. It really wasn't that hard...
  • CanadianMol
    35 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    that's what i'm saying, you need all the jedi healers that exist on the game if you wants to beat him now...
    2 months ago i beat 6* Yoda super easily with 1 try with Lumi, mace, QGJ, JC, EEth koth.

And now it is just trash the way those jedi's works now and the fact that in addition yoda gots buffed...
    In one hand they Nerf all jedis, and in the other they buff the tier 7 Yoda... I just don't understand EA's Logic....
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Tier 6 is nowhere close in difficulty to Tier 7 so you can't even compare the two.
    And what's wrong with having multiple healers? If you're doing GW everyday you should know that having multiple heals is crucial to your success.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    I finished tier 7 tonight - took countless tries but it can be done. I had Barriss lead, QJG, JC, Lumi & Koth. I cycled until I got anakin & plo paired with Yoda. Then I went for Yoda first. I used lumi's heal only after Yoda steals, I used QJG to dispel heal if yoda somehow got it & with a lot of luck won the match. All toons were level 79 gear 8 except Lumi which was gear 9. It can be done. Just don't go for the sidekicks first, take Yoda out quickly instead.

As a side note - most of my guild members had an easier time of it then me-
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Don't use Lumi's heal until you know you can dispel it with QGJ AND kill Yoda with the Offense Up on your team. You need multiple healers on your team to survive through the ordeal. I used 4 healers: Barriss as lead with JC, Lumi, and Ahsoka and QGJ in my 5th slot.

In 20 tries last night, my QGJ never dispelled the heal that yoda stole (he dispelled other effects, but that one always remained) and never got offence up. In fact, on one occasion he managed to give offence down (-50%) to my entire team.

My Mace Windu is also never got that little magnifying glass on an opponent.

What they should have done, was leave the yoda challenge as it was and introduce a new character in a new challenge using the new levels and difficulties.
  • Options
    Bobdog87 wrote: »
    I beat tier 7 in 5 tries:

Qgj (l): level 78, g10
    Lumi: level 78, g8
    Eeth: level 70, g8
    Mace: level 70, g8
    Jc: level 70, g8

I landed a stun on yoda early using ek and won that round. It really wasn't that hard...

i have the same team, had 5 hours of tries yesterday and 1 hour today so far, can't even get him to red health, who did he had as his sidekicks? (maybe i can try to find same combo)
  • Options
    Just another broken release IMO. No real response from a dev? Classic
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    Very possible :) and you should be thankful that QGJ's dispel doesn't give offense up. Yoda goes nuclear with offense up
  • RichieT
    11 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Honestly it's a lot of luck but also you have to understand the timing of Yodas abilities. I just beat tier 7 with a pretty trashy team.

Lumi (lead) level 76 gear 8
    Qgj lvl 78 gear 8
    Eeth lvl 70 gear 8
    Jc lvl 68 gear 8
    Plo lvl 65 gear 8

Got a few lucky stuns. Timed the humbling blow right to dispel lumis heal buff. Adds were jc and a anakin. Took anakin out first and left jc until the end.

Patience is key
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    RichieT wrote: »
    Honestly it's a lot of luck but also you have to understand the timing of Yodas abilities. I just beat tier 7 with a pretty trashy team.

Lumi (lead) level 76 gear 8
    Qgj lvl 78 gear 8
    Eeth lvl 70 gear 8
    Jc lvl 68 gear 8
    Plo lvl 65 gear 8

Got a few lucky stuns. Timed the humbling blow right to dispel lumis heal buff. Adds were jc and a anakin. Took anakin out first and left jc until the end.

Patience is key

Good job! Yoda is proud young padawan.
  • Options
    Secondly: The change in the foresight mechanics and the way it interracts with QGJ assist.

Sorry, I don't know, can someone explain this?
  • anonidude
    703 posts Member
    Options
    Yoda sure can be beat. It's hard and maybe the tactics that work elsewhere won't work out here.

So you might need to adapt coz it looks like others are having success.
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    Options
    I'm just glad I finished it today before I read that there was so much trouble going on. I might never have done it if I knew how hard it was.
  • Options
    When lumi heals and yoda steal the heal you need to use QGJ ASAP on yoda to remove the stolen heal buff with humbling blow
  • Options
    Hangfire wrote: »
    I'm just glad I finished it today before I read that there was so much trouble going on. I might never have done it if I knew how hard it was.

Boom

Anyway, for all the younglings finally reaching t7 yoga challenge- grats!

But did you really not believe us when so many people said there was a ton of rng involved? Multiple healers was the strategy the last two times he came around. Might want to pay more attention to the forum in the future. It is doable. Might just take you 40 unlucky attempts like it took me.

After all.... It is technically free.
  • Yadda_123
    187 posts Member
    Options
    I'm ready to give in to my hatred and join the dark side if it will put 7* Yoda in a deep, swampy grave. Way beyond sick of this challenge at this point. Starting to think he's just not worth it.
  • Options
    It's not impossible at all, I beat it in 20 minutes today with barris lead, jc qgj ahsoko and lumi . Just get them to 7 star, gear them up and level them to about 75 and you'll be aight.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Are you from Quebec? . :)

How I beat yoda!

His fellow toons- JKG, Barris Offee.

Attack barris first, take her to red. Let her equalize. Kill her, Attack yoda, Kill Yoda then JKG. Try Lumi Leader there is no beating yodas speed. I think I used Mace Lead.
  • CanadianMol
    35 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yes I am ^^
    i tried mace lead, killed yoda and anakin, i was so lucky with dodge, had 5 dodge on yoda killer blow, the fight ended up with my JC alone facing Barris.... Barris blocked 3 of my special spells, and all her basics crit'd on my jc... lost the fight...

Was the closest i've been to finish the event...
    it's such rubbish... srsly this is only pure Luck, impossible to do anything if you don't get lucky and stun or dodge yoda's attacks.
    8hours that i'm trying this fight.... EA pls, like we don't have all our life to put in the game ... è.é
  • Options
    Took me about 200 tries, more or less. With Ahsoka(L), Lumi, QGJ, JC and EK. Gear 8 all, first three Lvl 77, the last two Lvl 70 (out of money).

Yoda's guards were JKG and Plo Koon, two thankfully terrible Jedi even at their high levels. I just whacked Yoda until he stole Lumi's evasion, humbling blow on Yoda, then kept hitting. Ignored JKG and Plo Koon completely until Yoda bit the dust. Heal heal heal whenever possible. Also, very very very lucky dodges kicked in, a couple of times Yoda whiffed on Lumi and QGJ.

After Yoda dies, Plo Koon and JKG are easy peasy. EK goes down but the remaining Jedi are more than enough to pulverize them.

It's extremely difficult, but it feels amazing to complete. So I would say difficult but not impossible.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    It's a joke! This event is a joke! It would have been worth it if you would actually get the same yoda you are fighting against.
  • Savio
    11 posts Member
    Options
    I was disappointed at how easy it was. Could've auto'd it.
  • Lambi
    473 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Its not the change in yoda himself that make the event that harder, but instead it is all the other changes that were made in the game that makes this event so difficult now.
    Let me explain :

First of all, it is the change in Luminara Unduli passive heals that spoils everything. The fact that now it is a buff that yoda can steal and use to heals-back 12k health just let no chance to the people who don't have Barris and have to use Luminara for healing purpose. This change just makes Lumi's heal so useless, cause as soon as you use it, the Yoda immediatly use his aoe (which kills the toon that you were using heal for, and then let yoda play again and instantly heals all the dmgs you've dealt to him...). It's so frustating... ><' now it makes Barris the only viable option for the 7* yoda event, and so all the others including me that don't have her can't stand a chance against yoda as it is right now.

Finally : the fact that when you dispell yoda's tenacity buff, it no longer give offense up with QGJ...
    this change make 0 sens, really....

I think that regarding all this change that makes it impossible for the a big majority of players to complete tier7 YOda event, EA should let us have one ally mate Jedi's as a 6 crew member.

What makes him impossible is that you give up, refuse to learn how, and whine about Yoda instead of figuring it out. He is easy when you figure it out. Might need 1-5 fails t get it down.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Beat it yesterday. Barris and Aayla are his guards. I have no Barris. It took 25 tries or so. It's hard, but definitely possible.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Lambi wrote: »
    What makes him impossible is that you give up, refuse to learn how, and whine about Yoda instead of figuring it out. He is easy when you figure it out. Might need 1-5 fails t get it down.

It's all RNG, forget about skill. As long as you know the basics of using heals and avoiding specials on Yoda, enough tries will get you the win.

I wasn't able to beat him last time even after multiple tries, was about to give up and suddenly he was defeated. I didn't get a sudden hidden insight on how to beat him, was just going through the motions. Some have got him within the 1st few tries and some after at least 40+ of attempts. Some with Barris alongside him, some with anyone else. RNG is the key word, not skill. Yoda goes crazy at the end.
  • Options
    Agreed -- I beat it yesterday after about 25-30 tries as well. I used Ben lead, lumi, jc, qgj, and mace. Barriss and eeth with him. I killed eeth then got barris in red then she used the equalizer. Switched to yoda and saved barriss for last.
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

This is th same strategy I used.
    Who I am is not important, my message is. - Revan
  • Options
    i completed t7 with

Bariss (L) 78 G8
    QGJ 79 G8
    Lumi 78 G8
    Ahsoka 76 G8
    JC 73 G8

Yoda had mace and old ben

I just hit yoda, healed with bariss on basic and special, ahsoka healed herself, and basic with lumi, basic/speical with qgj/jc.
    did it 2nd attempt first time yoda has kit and lumi, didnt get close.