Yoda event

I am wondering when Yoda was able to gain 100% turn meter on finishing blow? I am attempting to get him 7* and after my toons lose protection Yoda is pretty close to one hit kill my entire Jedi team when my protection is gone. He wipes out half my team with 8-10k strikes and gains 100% turn meter when finishing a toon. Is this expected behavior for the 7* tier? Just curious as then may have to wait until lvl 90 opens up as I don't see any Jedi team beating Yoda now until all the Jedi are lvl 90 to match Yoda in this tier of the event.

Thanks

Replies

• WildWest1974
    628 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    This is expected behavior in the Yoda event. He always had this ability.

And since he was always level 90 (we just couldn't see the level indicators back then), people have been beating him with level 70 toons for awhile now.
  • Options
    OK thanks. I just don't see it, I barely have 3 rounds of attacks before being destroyed and since this is the first time the event has been opened since the major balancing changes was not sure if that was the intended results.

Thanks.
  • Options
    the problem is in how they have the challenge set up. They tell you that you need 5 7* jedi's. Where I have the issue is that a few of the jedi's available are totally useless in the final challenge. Jedi Guardian and Plo are pathetic and do virtually no damage in comparison. Why have a challenge open for all jedi's but have only a select few that are able to be of any help.
  • Options
    Hi! I'm trying to win the 5 star Yoda challenge, with 2 seven star, one six star and 2 five star characters, and I can't even let him yellow. He is too fast and atack several times in a row. I thing that may be a balance problem. Can anyone help me? In the challenge is wrote that you can use 5 star characters, but that's impossible to win.
    My team is:
    Lumi 7* purple lv 70 (leader)
    CJ 7*purple lv 70
    Koth 6* blue lv 60
    Obi Wan 5* blue lv 60
    QGJ 5* blue lv 60
  • Options
    Your Jedi should ideally be purple geared and higher level if you want to stand a chance.

As for which Jedi can do the challenge the best, that is where strategy comes in. Yes, some are going to be better suited than others. Some are going to be horrible. I got Yoda to 6 stars with QGJ, Lumi, JC, Mace, and Eeth Koth. Some people said you have to have Barris and that you could never finish with Mace. It's up to each player to find out what works best. Use the advice of others, sure, but it's never going to be an easy, plug-and-play answer.
  • Options
    Your Jedi should ideally be purple geared and higher level if you want to stand a chance.

As for which Jedi can do the challenge the best, that is where strategy comes in. Yes, some are going to be better suited than others. Some are going to be horrible. I got Yoda to 6 stars with QGJ, Lumi, JC, Mace, and Eeth Koth. Some people said you have to have Barris and that you could never finish with Mace. It's up to each player to find out what works best. Use the advice of others, sure, but it's never going to be an easy, plug-and-play answer.

Tank's! :smile:

• Options
    When the level increase hit they raised Yoda to level 90 with Max gear and all abilities are maxed with Omega Mats so he is a lot harder than before the level encrease.
  • Options
    When the level increase hit they raised Yoda to level 90 with Max gear and all abilities are maxed with Omega Mats so he is a lot harder than before the level encrease.

No, he was already at level 90 and Omega abilities. But not anymore, since they nerfed him after all the whining.
  • Options
    The devs lowered the difficulty on tier 7 yesterday. Just beat Yoda to complete event.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Options

I have a similar leveled lineup all G7 (Lumi G8) and am unable to beat him. His speed enables him to have 3-5 attacks for one round of attacks from my 5 Jedi. He has foresight on almost all of their turns and is able to two hit kill each took even with protection.

The 5* fight is significantly harder than the 6* fight.
  • Options
    Yayyy Yoda event has finally started after weeks of advertising it. Oh wait I can't participate in it because I don't have 5 Jedi characters. ****??? Would have been nice to know that ahead of time when looking at the info for that past weeks about the event. JEDI only... Ok sure why not. But requiring 5??? In the Challenges, Battles, Squad Arena, Galactic War you can choose to use as few characters as you want and still participate.
    Had I known I would need 5 to do this event I probably would have made a point to unlock a few more Jedi, level & gear them up for this event; instead of increasing the stars, levels, and gear on the 2 I have; as well as the other characters I use.
    I mean seriously if there was going to be a restriction like that imposed it should have been posted since it was first announced. Like how in a challenge it may say "Tanks Only" etc. In this case should have read "Jedi characters only" and most importantly that you need to have 5. I can grind away as much as I want for the next few days while the event is open but I definitely won't be able to unlock 3 more Jedi in time before it ends. Guess they punish you in the game if you don't put much emphasis on unlocking and using Jedi in this game.
    This seriously needs to be fixed ASAP on both fronts allowing you to use as few characters as you want, and also for the future events have the specifics posted prior to it starting. SHAME ON YOU EA!!!
  • Options
    Earl_ohara wrote: »
    Yayyy Yoda event has finally started after weeks of advertising it. Oh wait I can't participate in it because I don't have 5 Jedi characters. ****??? Would have been nice to know that ahead of time when looking at the info for that past weeks about the event. JEDI only... Ok sure why not. But requiring 5??? In the Challenges, Battles, Squad Arena, Galactic War you can choose to use as few characters as you want and still participate.
    Had I known I would need 5 to do this event I probably would have made a point to unlock a few more Jedi, level & gear them up for this event; instead of increasing the stars, levels, and gear on the 2 I have; as well as the other characters I use.
    I mean seriously if there was going to be a restriction like that imposed it should have been posted since it was first announced. Like how in a challenge it may say "Tanks Only" etc. In this case should have read "Jedi characters only" and most importantly that you need to have 5. I can grind away as much as I want for the next few days while the event is open but I definitely won't be able to unlock 3 more Jedi in time before it ends. Guess they punish you in the game if you don't put much emphasis on unlocking and using Jedi in this game.
    This seriously needs to be fixed ASAP on both fronts allowing you to use as few characters as you want, and also for the future events have the specifics posted prior to it starting. SHAME ON YOU EA!!!

Man, you must be the only person on the Internet who didn't realize you needed 5 Jedi. They posted that way back in Jan/Feb when the event was first announced. My wife doesn't even play and SHE knows that you need 5 Jedi to compete. Shame on you for yelling at EA over something that everyone already knew.

I wanted to feel bad for you, that you might be so new to the game that you never saw any of the original info, but your post is so self-righteous, entitled, and uninformed, that you don't deserve my pity. Or maybe you do.

Just knock it off.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »

I have a similar leveled lineup all G7 (Lumi G8) and am unable to beat him. His speed enables him to have 3-5 attacks for one round of attacks from my 5 Jedi. He has foresight on almost all of their turns and is able to two hit kill each took even with protection.

The 5* fight is significantly harder than the 6* fight.

I've added video from Saturday. I've now upgraded these toons all to >lvl 60 and more gear but same result.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7ulw-I2n8U
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Options
    In discussing this with people on Reddit and elsewhere there are numerous people who have had trouble beating the 5* challenge with 6*/7* teams that go on to the 6* challenge and are able to beat it with no difficulty.

It is clearly now harder to beat the 5* than the 6*. I'm curious if it's actually harder now than the 7* which I have yet to hear anyone fail to beat since the event nerf.

Now have a team all level 63+, 2 G7 (Ahsoka, Eeth), 3 G8 (Lumi/Mace/JC) and it still isn't beatable after 5 or 6 attempts.

Still no comment from @EA_Jesse or anyone from @CG_JohnSalera on what kind of expectations they have for teams to beat the 5*.