Would you purchase an Echo aurodium if Rex shards were possible?

2Next

Replies

• mccif16
    114 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, I would purchase due to finishing Rex
    Have a rex aur and an echo aur with free char shards as extra. That way cg can max money.
  • Options
    Yes, I would purchase this aurodium due to clones(Echo)
    Couple of things.
    First, I'm pleasantly surprised by the number of people who would invest in echo specifically for Rex (option 2 on the poll). Second, and I cannot stress this enough, I am not suggesting a full return of the Rex aurodium nor am I suggesting his shards be guaranteed or full character capable. This was merely a thought regarding making an Echo aurodium more viable and diversely targeted.
  • Options
    Yes, I would purchase due to finishing Rex
    Bad voting choices! I wouldn't EVER buy an Aurodium for the character alone after Tusken Shamen got so utterly nerfed out of existence a week after the packs stopped being sold! But a new clone AND Rex - colour me intrigued.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    I feel like now is a good time to revisit how awful the chromium system is, and that it just gets worse moving forward. I went through this months ago in this thread, but here is the relevant part to this conversation:

As the character roster expands, chromiums devalue on their own. The more characters there are, the less likely a chrome pack is to get your current characters progressing, and the less likely you are to dig out that one specific character you want. With no way to convert "what you don't want" to "what you do want" the problem gets worse as time goes on. The nature of the system is flawed. Not irretrievably flawed, but that problem has to be kept in mind going forward. Adding content to the game shouldn't make paying for content less attractive. It feels bad.

One way to allow packs to maintain value is to have targeted packs. Rather than having chromiums that pull from the entire character pool, you have faction packs or release timeframe based packs to still have RNG but to be able to more specifically target what you want. Sort of like the different pack types of Hearthstone.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah the chromium system is flawed. I have all of the other characters 7* already, I'm not paying $750 for a single character, and filling up my already full shard shop. And yes, I even have that terrible General Grevous at 7*. They need to rethink the system. $250 for a character in aurodium , sure, I get droids and mats to help level my new toon. Chromiums? Never again, the value isn't there with a full roster already
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    medetec wrote: »
    I feel like now is a good time to revisit how awful the chromium system is, and that it just gets worse moving forward. I went through this months ago in this thread, but here is the relevant part to this conversation:

As the character roster expands, chromiums devalue on their own. The more characters there are, the less likely a chrome pack is to get your current characters progressing, and the less likely you are to dig out that one specific character you want. With no way to convert "what you don't want" to "what you do want" the problem gets worse as time goes on. The nature of the system is flawed. Not irretrievably flawed, but that problem has to be kept in mind going forward. Adding content to the game shouldn't make paying for content less attractive. It feels bad.

One way to allow packs to maintain value is to have targeted packs. Rather than having chromiums that pull from the entire character pool, you have faction packs or release timeframe based packs to still have RNG but to be able to more specifically target what you want. Sort of like the different pack types of Hearthstone.

CG seems unable to make up their mind on how to best design their IAP. I believe I read on Reddit that aurodium is being "heavily reevaluated". I'm not sure exactly what that means, but it appears they're attempting to restructure things to make chromium the primary source of premium toons again. Most likely due to chromium sales tanking due to the horrible ROI/diminishing returns and no VIP system. For established whales it is the worst possible use of money and only encourages spending on them after an extended break to allow enough new toons to be introduced to make the investment even remotely palatable. Aurodium was a great idea and it appeared as if CG understood the direction it needed to go as the game progressed and matured along with its whales.

I can tell you that since yesterday, we've had numerous discussions within TI about the bad direction CG appears to be going in with chromium. It's bad for established whales and doesn't increase our desire to spend on them; It causes eyebrows to be raised. This game can't be gaining enough new whales that CG can totally disregard the existing ones who plan to continue spending. It also makes us unhappy that CG can't seem to make up their mind how they want to monetize their game. Predictably is important with customers and this game has none. That doesn't mean they can never reevaluate their IAP, but it would be nice to have a sense of where they're going. Since CG has a strict policy of no dialogue regarding IAP, and we haven't had any period of stability to establish predictability, things are not good.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    medetec wrote: »

CG seems unable to make up their mind on how to best design their IAP. I believe I read on Reddit that aurodium is being "heavily reevaluated". I'm not sure exactly what that means, but it appears they're attempting to restructure things to make chromium the primary source of premium toons again. Most likely due to chromium sales tanking due to the horrible ROI/diminishing returns and no VIP system. For established whales it is the worst possible use of money and only encourages spending on them after an extended break to allow enough new toons to be introduced to make the investment even remotely palatable. Aurodium was a great idea and it appeared as if CG understood the direction it needed to go as the game progressed and matured along with its whales.

I can tell you that since yesterday, we've had numerous discussions within TI about the bad direction CG appears to be going in with chromium. It's bad for established whales and doesn't increase our desire to spend on them; It causes eyebrows to be raised. This game can't be gaining enough new whales that CG can totally disregard the existing ones who plan to continue spending. It also makes us unhappy that CG can't seem to make up their mind how they want to monetize their game. Predictably is important with customers and this game has none. That doesn't mean they can never reevaluate their IAP, but it would be nice to have a sense of where they're going. Since CG has a strict policy of no dialogue regarding IAP, and we haven't had any period of stability to establish predictability, things are not good.

@Telaan Yeah, its actually a pretty huge issue. Still, I feel like they have a relatively easy out if they want to take it. They seem to want to keep ~8 characters chromium exclusive at any time. Rather than adding characters piecemeal / one at a time, if every 3-4 months they added a batch of 8 new characters and rolled the previous characters into the farm pool they could make a much better Aurodium style targeted booster pack and leave Chromiums in for new players who are trying to build a roster from scratch.

Basically I'm saying that every 3-4 month period would have an Aurodium style pack set that only included the new characters added for the period. Aside from the crafting options, that's basically exactly how Hearthstone handles it, and it works great at allowing whales who already have a full collection to feel good about spending on new content again and lets new players target new characters if they so choose while still having the option to purchase "classic" chromiums to access the large base collection.
  • Mythov
    97 posts Member
    Options
    I am sure that has been mentioned before, but for whale and dolphins a typical chronium pack offers 50%+ shards we just no longer need. Converting them in the shard shop doesnt make it any better.

I believe any new chronium exclusive should also be offered in an aurodium at launch. That would allow us the pleasure of getting it without also a reach around.

Ps 2: also just make older aurodiums always available at all times. Who knows, new players just might also want a Rex
  • Options
    I find it fascinating the number of players who have responded that they would purchase an Echo chromium with the intent of finishing off Rex (or even gaining Rex).
    I really should emphasize that while my personal intent is to highlight an Echo chromium with potential synergy shards of Rex, this level of support for Rex is somewhat surprising.
  • Exarius
    102 posts Member
    Options
    Mythov wrote: »
    I am sure that has been mentioned before, but for whale and dolphins a typical chronium pack offers 50%+ shards we just no longer need. Converting them in the shard shop doesnt make it any better.

I believe any new chronium exclusive should also be offered in an aurodium at launch. That would allow us the pleasure of getting it without also a reach around.

Ps 2: also just make older aurodiums always available at all times. Who knows, new players just might also want a Rex

Lol. This guy has a way with words.
  • Options
    I'm told Rex has been dropping very rarely in chromium packs, so without him being in aurodium, he's sort of unobtainable right now. Maybe they should just split all the shard packs into groups, and change prices accordingly. Packs of farmable toons would be the cheapest. First gen premium (Leia, Aayla) characters would be next cheapest, and only available after $200. Current gen characters would be unlocked at $300 (Rex, Shaman, Sun Fac, Echo, Wedge).