Teebo remove Turn Meter nerfed in latest update?

Psi
50 posts Member
Teebo in raids was invaluable because he could remove turn meter. On Tier 5 he succeeded about 70% of the time. Lately, he succeeds about 10%.

So basically another low power character that's useless in raids. Is that the point? Just use high power characters and no strategy?

Replies

• Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    Fixed, not nerfed.
    TM reduction was meant to be resisted. Somehow it couldn't be. So they fixed it.
  • Psi
    50 posts Member
    Options
    Teebo basic description says that if stealthed the hit removes 75% turn meter. He often hits while stealthed and does damage but doesn't remove turn meter!

Please fix!!

Ewoks in general have tons of bugs. Elder also bugged. I'm going to stop building an Ewok team because what's the point?
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    Psi wrote: »
    Teebo basic description says that if stealthed the hit removes 75% turn meter. He often hits while stealthed and does damage but doesn't remove turn meter!

Please fix!!

Ewoks in general have tons of bugs. Elder also bugged. I'm going to stop building an Ewok team because what's the point?

Just like other status effects, even if your character has a 100% chance to proc it, it can still be resisted.

Tenacity increase the chance to ward off those effects.
    Potency increase the chance to proc it.
  • Options
    B4 the raids/guilds update , teebo's dispel was procing almost all the time (i know, coz it actually could win the uber hard tank challenge, before they nerfed uber hard mace).

Now, teebo's dispel works something like 10% of the time. Maybe, becoz they know that he can mess up the rancor badly, if they left him this way.

Teebo was nerfed till almost useless, coz his damage is meh.
  • Options
    Sikho wrote: »
    Fixed, not nerfed.
    TM reduction was meant to be resisted. Somehow it couldn't be. So they fixed it.

Wrong. It could be resisted prior to this patch.

Too easy to label every Nerf as a "bug fix".
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Options
    Always resisted a lot for me! But that might be because my teebo has low gearlevel. Same as qgj and chewie turn meter reduction (with high gearlevel). Change it succeeds on the rancor is pretty low.
  • Psi
    50 posts Member
    Options
    My Teebo is 7* gear IX and level 78. Before today he would attack and if he hit (I.e. Not resisted) he would remove 75% turn meter. Now he hits and doesn't remove turn meter and the display doesn't say 'resisted' or anything like that.

Anyway, that Teebo skill has definitely almost vanished. I think it's a new bug. Usually when devs nerf a character they say something.
  • Options
    Used him last night in raid and he worked just fine for me.
  • Jakkal
    66 posts Member
    Options
    I also noticed that Teebo TM reduction in resisted in 99% of the time now, which is ridiculous. GJ devs, keep ruin this game.
  • BradBread
    113 posts Member
    Options
    I wish that when people used fake stats that they would get attacked by a vicious squirrel next time they went outside. You haven't noticed 99% of anything. If there is any bug, that sucks, but he's working just fine and reducing TM like a champ for me.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    I used him today in t6 raid phase 3. He rarely removed TM. Was like that before when I played in another t6 a few days ago.

Also noticed something with elder's basic. He would use it, teebo and chirpa's TM would increase but elder would have 0 TM when the next toon acts. He wasn't receiving his TM from his basic even though the other ewoks were.
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    Options
    If you don't have a maxed out teebo, he gets resisted quite a bit. But it is much better when he's maxed out on everything. His potency goes up making him much more often able to land the tm reduction against the enemies tenacity.
  • Options
    I do have a maxed out Teebo and his tm reduction has taken a hit lately. But what I think is worse is his stealth doesn't last correctly in raids.
  • Options
    You think Teebo was nerfed? That's cute.

Test out a magmatrooper. His tm reduction has just about a 95% failure rate now that it can be resisted. EA needs to either change it so tm cannot be resisted (doubtful) or provide MT with a significant potency buff.
  • Hepatox
    53 posts Member
    Options
    If TM reduction fails outside the stun it notifies you it was resisted, during a stun, no resist notification. I think they stealth nerfed TM reduction while the Rancor is stunned by the door to prevent unstoppable critical hit flurries. Bit annoying as a stealth nerf but can understand why it was done.
  • Nuwonda
    56 posts Member
    Options
    maybe dooku's dodge should also just work 10% of the time then eh
  • Options
    Hepatox wrote: »
    If TM reduction fails outside the stun it notifies you it was resisted, during a stun, no resist notification. I think they stealth nerfed TM reduction while the Rancor is stunned by the door to prevent unstoppable critical hit flurries. Bit annoying as a stealth nerf but can understand why it was done.

Rancor cannot be effected by to reduction when the door is on him
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    The Tenacity of the Rancor goes up exponentially with difficulty. On T5 Teebo can remove tm easily, on T6 it's like 20-40% at best, on T7 forget it.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Naecabon wrote: »
    The Tenacity of the Rancor goes up exponentially with difficulty. On T5 Teebo can remove tm easily, on T6 it's like 20-40% at best, on T7 forget it.

+1
  • KingPin
    522 posts Member
    Options
    Slightly off topic from the raid comments but is teebo still viable as lead in arena? Don't see much these days but he used to be a beast as lead
  • Options
    Naecabon wrote: »

So maxed out Teebo with 90% potency is useless against teir 7, what about characters with higher potency? I always hear debuffs are useless for teir 7 but what about characters with potency near 200% like Qui-Gon, does even his TM get regularly resisted?
  • Psi
    50 posts Member
    Options
    ... But what I think is worse is his stealth doesn't last correctly in raids.

Yes. I noticed this, although wasn't sure if something destealthed him like rancour roar.

• Algren
    306 posts Member
    Options
    The nerf was annoying, but he is still incredidly useful. Don't just stop using him because he was nerfed like I did for a bit. Went back to him and hes still so useful. I run him in my arena team which gets me first consistently. He still procs 80/90% of the time, and has some success on pigs and rancor in t6;
  • Algren
    306 posts Member
    Options
    I do have a maxed out Teebo and his tm reduction has taken a hit lately. But what I think is worse is his stealth doesn't last correctly in raids.

Ill agree to that though, not sure what happens but something wierd has defo happened a couple times. But they don't tend to care to fix non dps toons. As someone mentioned above, EE special heal is bugged to almost useless as it never removes debuffs, and they really don't give a cr*p.
  • Mojavelandbaron
    977 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Sikho wrote: »
    Fixed, not nerfed.

Wrong. It could be resisted prior to this patch.

Too easy to label every Nerf as a "bug fix".

+1

It's a "bug fix" just like the old Soviet government use to force their people to vote for the incumbent or get a knock on the door from the K G B and called it "free and open elections".
  • Options
    This new echo character will probably replace Teebo at higher levels. And you'll pay out your nose for him. That's why they nerfed Teebo.
  • Ryro
    3 posts Member
    Options
    Ahhh :( was about to 7* him
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    I don't know but to me it makes sense that if players can give TM up reliability that there should be counter characters that give TM down reliability if they want balance
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    Options
    Teebos potency is not very good. He gets a little at his last gear lvl but if your not completely maxed he won't land much at all.