Jedi Synergy - Good or bad idea?

Ive been using Barris (L) / Yoda / QGJ / Windu / JC and I find this team to be really useful. Although, I have seen comments on the forums before that people target all Jedi teams ; Why is this? Am using the right team?

Replies

• Options
    Jedi arent the most DPS, barris hits like a wet noodle, and many toons have anti jedi bonuses. So that is why jedi are targets. They are fun to use due their abilits, but on defense they are easy.
  • Options
    Jedi are a lot of fun, plus if you gear them up they can still go far. If being high in Arena really matters then a hybrid team can work...perhaps with a tank and Rey/GS.

Utility, damage and defense can't be a bad combo in my books. Still, Ima-Gun-Di is a heavy hitter and Luminara does well too.
  • Options
    You'll be largely helpless against any team in the top 50 in Arena and your GW will probably turn into an even bigger chore as you enjoy 8275428365 misses against Sid.
    Other than that, should be great fun! :#
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    You gotta me more specific. Terrible for arena. Good for gw
  • Options
    Ok, thanks for the help guys! :smiley:
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options
    You'll be largely helpless against any team in the top 50 in Arena and your GW will probably turn into an even bigger chore as you enjoy 8275428365 misses against Sid.
    Other than that, should be great fun! :#

Thats a massive overexaduration, just leave sid for lastr he hits like a wet noodle and you dont miss THAT often, just leave him for last.

Ive used a 3+ jedi team since forever and always been able to hit #1 easily as long as I am available around payout.

Biggest problem for jedi teams is Dooku will stun stun stun stun stun. Annoying little sonofa.
  • Options
    Lets build a jedi order guild
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    For a jedi team u need Ima-gun di lead. A lot of counter attacks and if anyone tries a AeO against you, gonna be hit pretty hard!!

I've reached rank #6 at arena, but can't go far because the team has no buff, so it's too hard against old ben/daka, etc...

I have so much fun playing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jew5EAYTbi8
  • Options
    I havent even got Ima yet and all my other Jedi are at 6 star en route to 7 star trying to complete grand master yoda event, where can you farm him?
  • Options
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    For a jedi team u need Ima-gun di lead. A lot of counter attacks and if anyone tries a AeO against you, gonna be hit pretty hard!!

I've reached rank #6 at arena, but can't go far because the team has no buff, so it's too hard against old ben/daka, etc...

I have so much fun playing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jew5EAYTbi8

I just unlocked IDG for his Leader ability -- I'm really excited to lvl him and let him rip in the arena
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Stun teams absolutely destroy Ima counter teams, if your up against 2/3 stunners, or characters like obi and vader, you need Yoda to nullify their devastating abilities or you are dead.

You dont need Ima at all, you can viably run Obi lead for evasion or QGJ lead for speed. Ima is pretty fun when you counter en masse, but not neccesary and easily countered. If you do run ima as a leader you really do need Kit and Aayla imo, you cant just drop QGJ into it as he will just get instantly killed as you are unlikely to run taunts in a counter team.

Counter teams seem to be able to shine at lvl 80 when you have a good bulk of protection and Imas leader omega upgraded to increase counter damage by 25%..

A lot of people don't have the damage to deal with pure tank teams in 5 mins.
  • nbamock
    64 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    My favorite team is ; Imo Gun Di lead, QGJ, Lumi, Dooku, Fives... I have a ton of fun watching all those counters when someone decides to try an AOE attack on me. It's hilarious. I only use this team for messing around. It's not a really viable team imo.
  • Options
    C_Mack406 wrote: »
    Ive been using Barris (L) / Yoda / QGJ / Windu / JC and I find this team to be really useful. Although, I have seen comments on the forums before that people target all Jedi teams ; Why is this? Am using the right team?

Unfortunately Jedi are just really weak overall and especially bad in arena. I would attack your arena team instantly if I saw it in arena...the presence of JC alone would be enough to invite an attack, Barriss just makes it worse as your team has almost no DPS. Put QGJ in the leader spot and ditch Barriss and JC (Lumi is still pretty good in arena if you really want to run all Jedi).
  • Options
    Lets build a jedi order guild

I have, it's Ghost's Hidden Temple. Still looking for members and I'm doing something new and making the first 10 people to join my "Masters" in my order. They will decide what happens with the guild and I will break the tie.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    C_Mack406 wrote: »

I guess it depends on what you're using it for. Arena will not likely crack top 50, if you do you'll need a lot of crystal refreshes to stay there. If you're going to run that squad in Arena, I'd use QGJ or even Yoda for leader. Yoda would be good against a squad with a lot of debuff attackers.

For GW it's not horrible though the higher end teams with Sid and Dooku lead will give you problems. Sid may hit hard but his heal debuff is a pain and Barriss only heals every 4 turns and her auto debuff isn't reliable enough. Just my feeling about her as I use her in GW too.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi have great synergy and they're very good on attack. Jedi focused teams are one of the few out there capable of taking down G10, level 80 prototypical top arena teams with RG, Fives (pre nerf), Rey, Leia, etc. That's because between Ben's dodge/turn meter offense down, QGJ's dispel/offense up, Yoda's ability to steal and gain foresight, plus the healers they can outlast almost any comp.

That being said they're awful on defense. That's because Dooku eats them alive and nearly everyone at the top of a shard has Dooku after the dodge meta. In addition healers have bad AI as well as Yoda. With so many weak sticks in Jedi order (Mace, Bariss, JC, Ben) it's easy to focus out the one or two possible DPS with damage/stuns and then just auto the rest.

Still they're excellent to have around and they can play roles in non-Jedi teams. Plus Bariss-led Jedi teams are still the easiest way to auto-play GW.
  • Options
    Stun baby stun, baby baby stun,

Cozy dooku is here and here he will stay...

With rg and Dakar by his side, gw won't be a bore....

We'll all here to make it your arena day!
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Akster wrote: »
    Stun teams absolutely destroy Ima counter teams, if your up against 2/3 stunners, or characters like obi and vader, you need Yoda to nullify their devastating abilities or you are dead.

You dont need Ima at all, you can viably run Obi lead for evasion or QGJ lead for speed. Ima is pretty fun when you counter en masse, but not neccesary and easily countered. If you do run ima as a leader you really do need Kit and Aayla imo, you cant just drop QGJ into it as he will just get instantly killed as you are unlikely to run taunts in a counter team.

Counter teams seem to be able to shine at lvl 80 when you have a good bulk of protection and Imas leader omega upgraded to increase counter damage by 25%..

A lot of people don't have the damage to deal with pure tank teams in 5 mins.
    Not so much. As u can see my IGD is level 66, and still counter works well. You don't need him at high power. I agree with aayla, since she has 65% counter and IGD gives 35%, so its a 100% chance her to counter!
    I have Fisto at 7*, but seems weird or a glitch, he doesn't counter so much.
    But QGJ and Lumi plays a lot of counters during battle. Enable Kylo auto-counter and is gonna be cool.

But as i said, without buff, unfortunately u can't fight for the top #3 spots at arena.

arena_6_jedi_team.jpg