I need credits.

Prev1
Seriously, there was already a credit crunch prior to the introduction of raids, but now big rosters are basically a requirement as they greatly improve your performance in raids.
This is worse than gear imo, I have all these characters I want to use but I can't. I am unlocking characters from GW alone faster than I can level up even my current team. Meaning the fact that I actually own a Biggs or whatever essentially pointless because I cannot raise them.

And this is not me having a big roster and wanting everything handed to me either. I only have 12 7* characters which is nothing compared the average player (been playing since late January).

Now I'm frantically running about trying to raise all the heroes that I need to perform in raids and contribute to my guild, but I keep running out of credits. I don't see why this should be possible when I;
  • Finish GW everyday
  • Refresh Cantina 2x most days daily
  • Refresh Normal Energy 2x daily

That's 400 crystals spent almost every day and 100% GW completion and I still have a credit shortage with such a small roster.

How is this seen as acceptable?
There should not be such a large shortage.
| John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |

Replies

• dvl009
    529 posts Member
    Options
    fortunately, there's an event you can do to get credits for only 20 energy
    Kappa 4Head EleGiggle
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Its to prevent people from rushing everyone to cap, then complaining there is nothing to do.
  • Options
    dvl009 wrote: »
    fortunately, there's an event you can do to get credits for only 20 energy
    Kappa 4Head EleGiggle

Sadface.jpeg I didn't even get to experience the pre credit event Nerf. It was nerfed before I reached lvl 42.

• Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    Its to prevent people from rushing everyone to cap, then complaining there is nothing to do.

I can understand that, but here I am spending crystals like EA wants us to, yet still so broke my Rey is lvl 75 and I'm 78.

I cannot imagine how someone who is finishing under arena top 100 can even expect to compete without frustration.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Once you hit cap, the cruch will ease considerably.

Also, as whales, we can just buy creds...
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    I think most are having the same issue and it's been brought up multiple times. The only solution is to spend crystals on credit packs or wait weeks to build up a larger roster. The devs don't care about our disparity. They encourage it by removing things like the keycard credit battles.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    The keycard battles were no better than the current credit event.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options

50 energy for 100k credits > 24 energy for 8400 credits. By quite a bit if you do the math.
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    Options

I can understand that, but here I am spending crystals like EA wants us to, yet still so broke my Rey is lvl 75 and I'm 78.

I cannot imagine how someone who is finishing under arena top 100 can even expect to compete without frustration.

How's it going swag ..... I'm in full agreement with you both from a p2p and a f2p perspective (me and some friends run a second f2p account).

My p2p is sitting with 7 toons that could be 7* if I had the credits (mid December shard). And only 7 toons at 70 or above (I will be 78 later today). Only another 10 or so in the 60's. I don't want everyone at max, but would be nice to get more to at least 70 for raids and be able to star them up after spending so much time getting them their shards.

Our f2p is sitting at 73 (mid March shard). We never got the level cap break at 70 to raise everyone up. We have one lvl 70 (and like I said we are level 73). 9 in the sixties and no one else above 50. We didn't go after Yoda and aren't 'wasting' credits or crystals. Number one contributor and raid performer in guild. Was always top 3 in arena til recently as we needed to get some toons ready for raids. Have two toons ready for 7

Credits need to be rethought as GW and the challenges still give the same amount of credits they did when they first open (ok to be honest you can get an extra 30k or so as the challenge levels go up but that doesn't even get me a single level a week in more credits).

every day I play I feel like I'm falling farther behind instead of catching up (just got enough shards to 7* Tarkin who is currently level 30 and only 4*). So if I can magically find 7 million credits I can get him to max level and start to work on his gear.

Dear devs, please figure a way to rationalize credit rewards with increase in credits needed.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    fudgra wrote: »

50 energy for 100k credits > 24 energy for 8400 credits. By quite a bit if you do the math.

You could only do it once per day. There is no limit to the current event. They are about even.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

You could only do it once per day. There is no limit to the current event. They are about even.

Nope you could do it as many times as possible within an hour time limit. If you dedicated full energy and two 50 refreshes to credits for a day, that's over 600k credits.

How much energy would it take to get 600k+ credits with the current system?

Not sure if you're trolling or what.
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    Options

Nope you could do it as many times as possible within an hour time limit. If you dedicated full energy and two 50 refreshes to credits for a day, that's 400k credits.

How much energy would it take to get 400k credits with the current system?

Fudgra may I introduce you to the forum troll .... Tummy tuck
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options

Nope you could do it as many times as possible within an hour time limit. If you dedicated full energy and two 50 refreshes to credits for a day, that's 400k credits.

Fudgra may I introduce you to the forum troll .... Tummy tuck

Yeah I had to edit. It's more than 600k credits with two 50s. I used to do it a couple times a week when I couldn't complete the GW back in the day.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options

You will know when I am trolling, trust me.

50 energy, for the most part, limited entries to 1 or 2.

Now you can invest significantly less energy per attempt over a greater period of time.

Neither one is/was great, but in practice they are quite similar.

If you planned accordingly, yes, the previous iteration could be more profitable.

It was rarely used, however, according to their metrics, and got the same negative reviews as the current iteration.

The only logical conclusion is that the credit shortage is an intentional bottleneck.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options

Now you can invest significantly less energy per attempt over a greater period of time.

If you planned accordingly, yes, the previous iteration could be more profitable.

It was rarely used, however, according to their metrics, and got the same negative reviews as the current iteration.

The only logical conclusion is that the credit shortage is an intentional bottleneck.

Of course it's intentional since they want people buying credits with crystals. The former challenge was far more profitable for the player though. There was no cooldown between battles and they were easy. You could rack up over a million credits in minutes if you used 50/50/100/100 refreshes.

• KelEl85
    158 posts Member
    Options
    There needs to be some middle ground. We'd all like to be able to take a Scrooge McDuck style dive into our swimming pool of credits. But that's not realistic from a certain "developers need to slow us down and make money" point of view, which are understandable necessities of this type of game. On the other hand, while it probably doesn't make much of a difference to whales, constantly being starved for credits and struggling to get items locked behind a pay gate (furnaces) actually discourages more modest payments from the average player IMO. I've spend about $15 on this game (the dark side starter pack and one crystal subscription which is about to expire). I would be totally willing to spend another $10 on another crystal sub, especially since i have $40 in free google credit to burn and I use it for just this type of stuff. But i can't really see a reason to do so. What am i going to buy with that 2k crystals? A couple million credits will let me get one hero from Level 1 to my current level, so credit purchases are almost useless. I could buy 1.5 furnaces with it, but $10 to get past a pay gate for 1.5 of my characters is not my idea of money well spent (nothing against you if you find that to be acceptable). Mega chrome packs are a gamble and likely a waste if you aren't going to spend tons of money, and the fact that i have no credits to upgrade even if i were to get a bunch of great shards makes it even less tempting.

This is a problem i run into with many mobile games: they offer me (an average player i think) no reason to spend money, not even free google money that I have nothing else to spend on. And their attempts to force me to spend money on things that have little value eventually just make me leave the game. I think the experience is similar for a lot of players.

Now here is the middle ground: give us a way to earn more credits than we currently have but less than we really want. If i had some more credits, i would be tempted to spend some money on chrome packs, or on more energy refreshes to get more shards because after i get the shards i need i can actually do something with the character at a reasonable progression pace.

TL;DR Give us some more credits without making them too abundant. Should lead to average players spending more real money IMO.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options

Of course it's intentional since they want people buying credits with crystals. The former challenge was far more profitable for the player though. There was no cooldown between battles and they were easy. You could rack up over a million credits in minutes if you used 50/50/100/100 refreshes.

300 crystals for 1 mil credits is lower than their 8 pack credit bundle by a lot, for a lot more.

It stands to reason they did not want to negatively impact a sales item.
  • StarSon
    7456 posts Member
    Options
    KelEl85 wrote: »
    TL;DR Give us some more credits without making them too abundant. Should lead to average players spending more real money IMO.

Basically. The real problem is rewards do not scale properly. At level 78, I am earning the same amount of credits as I was at level 60, but the credit requirements are significantly higher.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Basically. The real problem is rewards do not scale properly. At level 78, I am earning the same amount of credits as I was at level 60, but the credit requirements are significantly higher.

What bothers me is the fact that they changed the Yoda event within hours. Why not give this the same treatment? Perhaps we need a larger outcry from the playerbase.
  • KelEl85
    158 posts Member
    Options

Great point which is probably at the heart of the matter. I spent money 3 weeks ago on a crystal sub because at the time i had some credits, droids, etc to burn, so there was value in pursuing shards so i could spend those resources. At my current level, i don't have any of those resources to spare, so their is less value in the shards i'm collecting as well. This would be very different if rewards scaled along with the difficulty. I was pretty shocked to find out that although the difficulty of GW increases as my team gets better, the rewards stay the exact same. Same thing for Arena
  • StarSon
    7456 posts Member
    Options

What bothers me is the fact that they changed the Yoda event within hours. Why not give this the same treatment? Perhaps we need a larger outcry from the playerbase.

I tried to do the same thing with the client restarts. But it got hidden off in the Bugs subforum so they can ignore it some more.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options

Great point which is probably at the heart of the matter. I spent money 3 weeks ago on a crystal sub because at the time i had some credits, droids, etc to burn, so there was value in pursuing shards so i could spend those resources. At my current level, i don't have any of those resources to spare, so their is less value in the shards i'm collecting as well. This would be very different if rewards scaled along with the difficulty. I was pretty shocked to find out that although the difficulty of GW increases as my team gets better, the rewards stay the exact same. Same thing for Arena

You get those same rewards at level 50, are you proposing they scale this back?

If they increase rewards, are you suggesting retroactive rewards for previously completed GWs? If not, how are you not punishing those that have been coping as-is since the start?
  • StarSon
    7456 posts Member
    Options

You get those same rewards at level 50, are you proposing they scale this back?

If they increase rewards, are you suggesting retroactive rewards for previously completed GWs? If not, how are you not punishing those that have been coping as-is since the start?

No, the rewards are appropriate until about level 65, I think. No need to scale anything back at all, just scale up.

How is now scaling things up punishing anyone? And why should they not make the game better in the long run just to keep a small handful of people from being offended? Because I have been coping as-is for months, and would not feel "punished" by scaling up. Quite the opposite, really.
  • Options

That's because other changes they had made since the last Yoda Challenge (like the change of Lumi's heal over time to a stealable buff) made it much harder than they had planned. Yoda was intended to be more of a grind building your Jedi up to 7* than actually beating him at that level.

On the other hand, credit demand outstripping supply is intended. Have you never played a "level up" type of game? Progression in all phases is always supposed to slow the higher you get. Certain things will grant you XP, money, gear, etc., faster and better the further you progress (and this is the case with Credits, or have you not noticed that later level LS, DS, and Cantina battles reward more than earlier ones?), but overall, progression will slow.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    They key words in your statement are "I think".

They pay someone else to make that decision, and they think differently.

The key is that it is ultimately a matter of opinion, and we as consumers will ALWAYS ask for more.

There would have to be a concensus for this to get traction, and that means agreeing unanimously on every detail. Then fairness and sound business still have to be considered.

They could accomplish similar goals by reducing the energy requirement for the credit event by half.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    I've said it before and I'll say it again - there needs to be a sliding scale for credits at every 5-10 levels. Maybe not a MASSIVE jump, but more. I have Teebo sitting at 163 / 25 right now and Fives and Daka not even activated because it makes zero sense to activate them when I can't level them up. May as well stock shards and roll without them.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • StarSon
    7456 posts Member
    Options
    They could accomplish similar goals by doing just about anything in regards to credits, but they are completely silent on the "issue." GW rewards could be scaled up, Raids could reward more credits, Profit Mining could be made usable, they could add more (achievable) achievements, etc etc etc.

Personally, I suspect they will leave all of it as-is, unless Ships is supposed to focus on credit rewards.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    I've said it before and I'll say it again - there needs to be a sliding scale for credits at every 5-10 levels. Maybe not a MASSIVE jump, but more. I have Teebo sitting at 163 / 25 right now and Fives and Daka not even activated because it makes zero sense to activate them when I can't level them up. May as well stock shards and roll without them.

There is sense in having a deeper bench. Early progression is very quick and cheap.

Bringing the entire roster card from level 1 to level 40, and from gear 0 to gear 4, would be super easy, and would give you plenty of cannon fodder for GW.

Plus then you could use those guys, which would be fun. Fun is good in a game, I think.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Totally agree with Swag. And hey welcome back. But yeah, they want you to spend on credits now instead of crystals. Wait, maybe they want us to spend on both.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107