Mk 5 stun gun Shipments?

Onetime7979
1012 posts Member
edited May 2016
Would you buy MK 5 stun gun in shipments for 1,274 crystals?

got some crystals saved up, and Mk 5 stun gun just popped up would you waste that many crystals on it?

Mk 5 stun gun Shipments? 48 votes

yes
56%
SlewfootStarSonPamed_Uleirosr2steve2spetsnaztntSkrotezAlexHermanssonGrNortikka_aikarajuuDeadHeadAndygiggsybngmanJoseIrimiadbraba01Darth_Jay77vbnEventineElessedilJazz66pac0nautwisenutsdjvita 27 votes
no
43%
TagichatnbenacrowKAULILianaraKeeka1Megadeth3700Bon_ElMikymateEwakawakaAltoon33NoSpoilChefHazeGreg1920TheSickmaster86tRRReyDani_PvPSpkv2Paxoxo4leefSkirata 21 votes

Replies

• Options
    yes
    Think like this.. For every refresh, you get 120 energy which is 12x the node they drop from. Drop rates are (not really confirmed though) 20% so you should get approximately 120/5=2.4 pieces for every refresh. In order to get 50 you need 50/2.4=20.8 or 21 refreshes. Assuming you need the two 50 crystal refreshes for shards, you would only do 100 crystal refreshes in order to farm, that would sum up to 2100 crystals for one whole piece.
    So I would say: yes, it's a good deal. It's faster and also cheaper. The problem for me is that I usually don't have that many crystals saved up :)
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    no
    If you need furnaces, save it for furnaces since they're not farmable.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Onetime7979
    1012 posts Member
    Options
    @AlexHermanssonGr

Putting it that way that makes sense as I use 100 to refresh a day and get around 3

so 1.2k crystals spent would get around 36

@benacrow

True but I'm okay for Furnaces right now
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    no
    Since it's a farmable item, I would still save unless that's the gear that is hampering your progress.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    yes
    Think like this.. For every refresh, you get 120 energy which is 12x the node they drop from. Drop rates are (not really confirmed though) 20% so you should get approximately 120/5=2.4 pieces for every refresh. In order to get 50 you need 50/2.4=20.8 or 21 refreshes. Assuming you need the two 50 crystal refreshes for shards, you would only do 100 crystal refreshes in order to farm, that would sum up to 2100 crystals for one whole piece.
    So I would say: yes, it's a good deal. It's faster and also cheaper. The problem for me is that I usually don't have that many crystals saved up :)

This and for the record ive had my worst rng with stun guns so its a lot more than that 1.2k crystals in shipments. Also since you get the other 50 piece gear from challenges i think its cheaper to buy only stun gun salvage not the whole piece for 2.5k.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    yes
    Thanks to full gear or full salvage in shipments, I now have 30 chars over gear 7.
    It saves so much time, and I can use my energy farming other gear.
    Do it as much as you can, it's worth it.
    More teams for GW, and higher arena rankings.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    yes
    If i had the dough saved to buy it with moneh for one furnace left in the bank, yes. Those purple guns are needles in a haystack.

But everytime my crystals get to 1200-1700, a furnace shows up. So i havent had a xhance yet
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    Options
    no
    Save crystals for unfarmable gear, I.e. furnaces.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Options
    yes
    You can save for the only raid-Furnaces. However, Many toons need the stun gun, so unless you get several, it's going to delay the progress as much as the furnaces. I guess it's a matter of balancing between all the different types of gear.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    no
    If you use 100 Crystal energy refreshes you should stop and save those crystals for shipment gear. It takes roughly 2100 crystals worth of refreshes to get a 50 drop item so you save 825 Crystal while giving up 250k credits. So for about 250 crystals you could the credits you are missing saving you about 500 crystals per 50 equipment item.

You should still do your 50/50 refresh.

Never farm a 20. You can get it for 273 instead of 600-800 via refreshes. Even vs 50 Crystal refreshes they are a deal
  • DJJ
    367 posts Member
    Options
    I think it also depends if you are level 80. If not, there is value in having the getting the 2100 xp in the process. Once you are capped, I think saving crystals for furnaces, stun guns and cuffs are worth it.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Or you could use no crystals and farm it gradually.