It's time to do something about Sidious

Prev13
Time to buff his AOE, basic and negative status effects so he's actually the "brutal attacker" he is claimed to be.

Replies

• Options
    Time to buff his AOE, basic and negative status effects so he's actually the "brutal attacker" he is claimed to be.
    He's fine the way he is now he applies healing immunity which is one of the most useful debuffs he's not meant to be a Rey type of character or else he would be OP
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    I don't know. He seems okay. He's not too strong or weak. I'd rather see other characters toned down for more strategic fights rather than rolling the dice for the sweet crit to end it before they can have a chance to ask. Then again, that would make GW all that much longer and I already loath the time sink that it is.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    Character descriptions are out of date. For example, FOTP's description:
    "First Order attacker that can deal extreme damage in a single turn with Advantage."
    While true at one time, I don't think FOTP damage can be called extreme anymore. Perhaps "heavy" is a better adjective.
  • Troy
    21 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    But he is meant to be OP. Savage and Maul he toyed with. Yoda and MW? Sidious' kit needs complete overhaul. Take out HImmunity, add progressive increase to OffUp ala Rey with Foresight. AoE if kept, should be identical to IG88. IMO
  • Options
    I agree that Id like to see the actual main characters of star wars be good as oppose to the relatively no-name IG86, GS, royal guard, Sun Fac, etc. Mace is probably the most under-appreciated atm, as well as anakin. Old ben is good but i assume we get versions of him and Luke in their 'prime'. Sid is strong for GW for me, just because a character isnt effective in arena doesnt mean hes not good at all
  • Irul
    55 posts Member
    Options
    Agree, he should be a very strong character but he is not at the moment. Would be nice to see him on top again.
  • Mojavelandbaron
    977 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    He's fine the way he is now he applies healing immunity which is one of the most useful debuffs he's not meant to be a Rey type of character or else he would be OP

No one is asking that he be made like Rey, but the damage he inflicts has become jokingly anticlimactic when it comes to the dazzling but empty proming special AOE move. All show. Michael Jackson's dancing could hit harder. His healing immunity is almost non existent lately when it comes to the player-owned Sidious. They could keep the AI version, which still seems to have no trouble inflicting it, the same.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options
    Balancing following lore is a terrible way to balance a game. No.
  • pred554
    29 posts Member
    Options
    'But he is meant to be OP"
    So with this thinking you want an unbalanced game where sidious can lightning a group of non Jedi and just win. A lot of people are supposed to be a lot of things. This is a game. Keep it balanced And fun
  • Options
    This game absolutely does not go with canon. For example ewoks. For example Anakin. Don't bring up canon when arguing your point. The game is meant to have high characters and low ones, Sid is the grey in between
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Regardless of canon, he can't land a darn thing...give the man some potency.
  • Options

No one is asking that he be made like Rey, but the damage he inflicts has become jokingly anticlimactic when it comes to the dazzling but empty proming special AOE move. All show. Michael Jackson's dancing could hit harder. His healing immunity is almost non existent lately when it comes to the player-owned Sidious. They could keep the AI version, which still seems to have no trouble inflicting it, the same.
    His AoE still does like 3000 damage to everyone that's pretty good damage his basic is kinda low but the healing immunity makes up for it. Although I do agree the chance of it is lower than it should be but that's just luck of the draw.
  • Options
    Sid is not "grey" or "in between". He's become such a joke that there was a thread on here recently asking "Have you benched Sidious yet?", and it got a load of "yes" responses.

Yet another toon they ruined, prompting people to bench him, further removing the "diversity" the pro nerfers claimed such action would bring.
  • Options
    Sid would be fine if his DOT ever actually stuck. Every time you put it up you see a sea of resists and nothing else.
  • Options
    Sid is not "grey" or "in between". He's become such a joke that there was a thread on here recently asking "Have you benched Sidious yet?", and it got a load of "yes" responses.

Yet another toon they ruined, prompting people to bench him, further removing the "diversity" the pro nerfers claimed such action would bring.
    If someone has every character in the game, they're going to most likely use the best 5. That doesn't automatically mean they have to buff him. Plenty of people still use him or use him in second teams which I do.
  • Options
    Naugrin wrote: »
    Regardless of canon, he can't land a darn thing...give the man some potency.

+1

And to the person that said his lower incidence of healing immunity is just "luck of the draw"...that's a load of something that can be bought at my local garden center.

The percentage chance has clearly gone down...big time. So has his damage over time.
  • Options
    If anyone wants another example of how nerfing hurts "diversity", there are players in my guild who've unlocked and built Gen Grevious up. Apparently he's another disappointment and was nerfed before he even came off EA's assembly line. You can't have diversity if people are unwilling to invest in toons that they RIGHTLY, due to EA's past behavior, are afraid will be total garbage.
  • Options
    As I see it, he does less damage then other attackers because of the utility he brings to the table with his leader ability, his health immunity, dodge against Jedi , and his TM and heal whenever a unit dies. He is also relatively fast.

Problem is this, current meta doesn't really value a lot of that utility anymore.

His leader ability isn't the worst, but its not dodge or speed which are both better. His healing immunity is pointless for two reasons, he has low potency so it never sticks and healers aren't used in arena because protection can't be healed. Gaining health when a unit dies is also made mute by protection. Dodge against Jedi isn't great while Jedi arnt meta.

• C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I actually landed a DOT on the Rancor with Sid yesterday. I almost spit out my coffee when I saw that. The only reason I used his AOE was to hit the door panel as well. But yes, he is weak.
  • Options
    Use 7* Sid in GW all the time. Never really had anything land from his AoE, maybe two battles I'd get some dot. But against him in GW? I get dots on everyone. Doesn't make sense.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    He seems to be fairly decent toon. I don't get how everyone luvs them some Barisse cuz she's awesome in GW. But so much hate on Sid.

Someone help me out. Was Sid awesome/OP before the protection update?
  • Options
    Troy wrote: »
    But he is meant to be OP. Savage and Maul he toyed with. Yoda and MW? Sidious' kit needs complete overhaul. Take out HImmunity, add progressive increase to OffUp ala Rey with Foresight. AoE if kept, should be identical to IG88. IMO

So make him a god? Yeah great idea. Should the devs just give everyone an 8* version of him while they are at it. He was OP and everyone whined about it. Now that he is balanced everyone is whining that he sucks and his description is wrong. You guys are right his description is wrong. Brutal Attacker? More like guy who gets shut down by a Jedi who didn't know he had a Lightsaber. If Anakin hadn't stepped in Sid would be dead. Windu whooped his butt and only survived becuase Anakin got a cheep shot in. How about that for lore.
  • Options
    It's funny that you feel he needs a buff when he is on nearly 75% of all arena teams. Someone being used that often is not in need of a buff
  • Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    He seems to be fairly decent toon. I don't get how everyone luvs them some Barisse cuz she's awesome in GW. But so much hate on Sid.

I don't think awesome or OP, but his aoe dot would actually hit most of the time. I have tried using his dot first turn or middle of fights and almost all the characters resist every time. His healing debuff also gets resisted a lot. When fighting against him in GW, he applies dots to 2-3 of my characters at a time but I can't land a single healing debuff on him or anyone else until my 3rd attempt.
  • growlkin
    74 posts Member
    Options
    I think it is inaccurate to say he is on most arena teams. I can't even remember the last time I saw him in arena. Perhaps on a particularly young leaderboard he might still show up given how easy he is to farm, but he is useless in high end arena.
  • Onetime7979
    1012 posts Member
    Options
    @ChrisJBB8

Your either a low level or on a bad server if 75 % uses sid
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »

He's strong through the mid-game when healing matters more, but loses steam somewhere along the way. He's probably on a lot of GW B-teams.
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    Options
    Lmao.

I remember when calls for nerfs was going on about sid. Now buffs.
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    Yep.
  • Options
    @ChrisJBB8

Your either a low level or on a bad server if 75 % uses sid

I'm lvl 78 with 14 7*s as a full f2p. I'm not saying he's a lead toon but he is frequently used in both arena an GW. just because he doesn't hit 6k or 7k dmg doesn't mean he's not useful. Not all toons should hit that hard. It's all about strategy...