Replies

• Onetime7979
    1012 posts Member
    Options
    welcome to star wars heroes of galaxy.
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    It is about strategy, that's why he's falling out of favor. Higher tier PvP stops bothering with heals, so a tactic that requires heals to matter is a bad part of the strategy. On my server there are 0 healers in the top 5 and 2 in the top 10. Sid has no value on a team opposing those.
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    Options
    You have 2 healers in your top 10? I have 0 healers in my top 50. Yeah sid is worthless now, but he did have his day in the sun.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I think giving him a gear IX Nubian with the 40% potency increase would help a lot. Keeps his mid early game power the same and gives him s boost late game.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    He's strong through the mid-game when healing matters more, but loses steam somewhere along the way. He's probably on a lot of GW B-teams.

So where are the "Buff JC/Chewie/Talia" threads?

Why didn't you guys ditch Sid a long time ago? Mine is 4S G7. Frozen in carbonite and put into storage alongside Chewie and Talia, until the day where his unique abilities will be needed. High speed, jedi evasion, AOE, unique self-heal, healing immunity/debuff, and decent leader ability. No one else has all those things.

I dropped Sid before the protection update, even. I don't know why Sid is known as receiving a big nerf. He is still on a lot of GW teams.

This why I brought up Barisse. I figure Sid was useful to you guys as DS leader and GW. Like Barisse. And that he isnt' strong in the current Arena meta. Like Barisse.

But everyday I read about how Barisse is amazing for GW and DS missions. Absolutely good idea to farm her. But Sid is terrible.
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    Dude there's only one guy here who didn't, we're all talking to him.
  • Options
    ChrisJBB8 wrote: »
    @ChrisJBB8

Your either a low level or on a bad server if 75 % uses sid

I'm lvl 78 with 14 7*s as a full f2p. I'm not saying he's a lead toon but he is frequently used in both arena an GW. just because he doesn't hit 6k or 7k dmg doesn't mean he's not useful. Not all toons should hit that hard. It's all about strategy...

The last guy was right. Your server is filled with people that aren't very good. Nobody is going to use Sid in Arena anymore unless they have absolutely no one else.

I don't even use him in GW anymore. He is still at level 70 and is just an extra body for raids. Usually I cheer when Sid gets eaten.
  • Options
    welcome to star wars heroes of galaxy.

What you did there, I see...

Sid is ok. He's good under very specific circumstances, certainly not game breaking...
    But buffing him might be a mistake.
    The potential for his overall kit to become OP is far too real, imo.
    Granted, he certainly isn't what he ought to be, which is a top tier DS toon.
    But, let EA be EA.
    I like the game as is, and damned if I'd screw around with the balance.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Never say never.

The devs have access to all of the toons, fully upgraded.

Sid was probably rebalanced for reasons you do not know about.

For instance, something unbalanced may happen when a super potent Sid is paired with a maxed Vader.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    Never say never.

The devs have access to all of the toons, fully upgraded.

Sid was probably rebalanced for reasons you do not know about.

For instance, something unbalanced may happen when a super potent Sid is paired with a maxed Vader.

This person is smart, listen to them.
  • int3ns1fy
    210 posts Member
    Options
    I honestly don't understand people who think Sid is fine. Literally his only use right now is in the leader spot, for those who really don't have anything better (and if you don't...Phasma is an easy farm). His damage output is so low that he is completely ignoreable in arena, which also makes his survival abilities next to useless. He needs a significant damage buff, and not just on his AoE.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Sidious should be buffed until he wins 1v2 against Maul and Savage.
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »

Not that I'm advocating nerfing Rey (she is what she is now and to do so would be defrauding those who've spent time building her), but it's laughable that someone like Rey, being her early self with the stick and having no Jedi training is a more powerful attacker than a Sith Lord who took on 3 or 4 Jedi by himself & wiped the floor with them before sucker punching Windu, then going on to even give Yoda a run for his money. (head scratch).

• Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    Time to buff his AOE, basic and negative status effects so he's actually the "brutal attacker" he is claimed to be.

Time to let him retire in the old folks home...

He had his day in the sun, he's done.
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    This. He served you well in the 50s and 60s, it's time to let him go.
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    Options
    Time to buff his AOE, basic and negative status effects so he's actually the "brutal attacker" he is claimed to be.

Agreed he is very weak. He has about as much use in my teams as Magmatrooper lol. So much for being the Brutal attacking Lord if the Sith.
  • Options
    AdamW wrote: »

Agreed he is very weak. He has about as much use in my teams as Magmatrooper lol. So much for being the Brutal attacking Lord if the Sith.

LOL More like the most brutal wet noodle wielder.
  • Options
    I got the answer! Create a character with a leader ability that states "ALL allies gain x% potency"
    Only Poetry has a leader ability that grants potency up but only for Rebel tools
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Options
    I got the answer! Create a character with a leader ability that states "ALL allies gain x% potency"
    Only Poetry has a leader ability that grants potency up but only for Rebel tools

That would open the door to a very dangerous stun situation. Better to just give it to him indivually imo.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    My entire A team just got dotted by Sid in GW. This still happens. He's probably where he needs to be.

In GW, now that your team retains TM, Sid and 88 can be very effective. I have experimented with Vader, too, but my Vader is still too weak to really be useful.

I can imagine that Sid plus 6-7S Vader plus maybe Ackbar could become an insta first round kill when vader gets his turn, for instance.

Only a couple toons in the game can reliably remove negative buffs. Ackbar and ewok elder? NS acolyte is just a no. And it's not even close to 100% with Elder. So I think Vader might be the reason negative status AOE toons typically have very low potency. Esp other empire toons, like Tarkin.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Barriss can dispel debuffs, and gain TM while doing it.
  • Options
    I'm happy to see him going away. Seriously he's in 99.87% of all teams arena and GWs. It's time to pass the torch there's plenty of other heroes in the game I do not think they would have put all of these heroes in the game and not have the intention on people using them. So good ahead I know it may be hard but just go ahead and remove him from your team. The crying will stop after about a month or so
  • Options
    I'm happy to see him going away. Seriously he's in 99.87% of all teams arena and GWs. It's time to pass the torch there's plenty of other heroes in the game I do not think they would have put all of these heroes in the game and not have the intention on people using them. So good ahead I know it may be hard but just go ahead and remove him from your team. The crying will stop after about a month or so

+1million
    This is exactly right. This last update was supposed to allow for more diverse teams and yet we still see in nearly every squad a 7* Sid.
  • ModeratusImperialis
    353 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Some potency so he actually lands his DoTs would be the kicker for me. That'd make him so much better. 0% is absurd. Still he's not bad. Just not great. But a speedy character with an okay basic an okay AoE, self healing, self boosting TM and if he had actual DoT appliance is not bad. Not bad at all. Oh and heal debuffing.

But I guess like DoTs actually killing off people we will have to wait until EA release their next moneygrab characters/changes to make a DoT meta viable.

I was personally looking to up him to G9/G10 just because no one else really seems to have him there. But then I researched the gear requirements and now he is staying at G8 for the foreseeable future.
  • Options
    I'm promoting him to five stars because of the obsessive completionist in me, but I don't see myself taking him beyond that. At level 79, I have no real use for him now and there's no decent payoff in maxing him out.

My arena tokens are better off going towards finishing the two droids and then maxing out STH, Ackbar and Assaj (in that order). I guess any spares can be used for shard shop currency after that.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Mojavelandbaron
    977 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    My entire A team just got dotted by Sid in GW. This still happens. He's probably where he needs to be.

The AI version that you and I fight against seems to be able to inflict neg stat effects with no problem. I think we can agree that version should stay as is. However, I've noticed that my Sid as of late seems to have lost his ability to inflict HI & DOT. He still pulls it off sometimes, but it's practically non existent now. If EA can separate our version from the AI version and just fix the former of the two, it'll work for me.

• Options

The AI version that you and I fight against seems to be able to inflict neg stat effects with no problem. I think we can agree that version should stay as is. However, I've noticed that my Sid as of late seems to have lost his ability to inflict HI & DOT. He still pulls it off sometimes, but it's practically non existent now. If EA can separate our version from the AI version and just fix the former of the two, it'll work for me.

Or they could just kill both and call it a day.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    The AI version that you and I fight against seems to be able to inflict neg stat effects with no problem. I think we can agree that version should stay as is. However, I've noticed that my Sid as of late seems to have lost his ability to inflict HI & DOT.
    Not to me. I mean even in GW, he usually only hits 2. In fact, I retreated and redid that match, and he only hit 1 the next go, lol. I think hitting on average 2 or 3 might be good enough, though. I made the comment about all 5 just to show he's not THAT low in potency.

I have thought about it. And I don't think Sid is a BAD toon.

The reason you ignore Sid in arena:
    1. He is fast
    2. He is hard to hit by Jedi
    3. There's no one fast enough to reliably stun him before he gets off his AOE
    4. His unique means if you don't finish him off and you end up killing someone else, first, he will heal like a starfish. So you don't want to start wailing on him, then when it's your jedi's turn, you have to hit someone else or take a big chance at whiffing early in the match. It is not productive to do that in the beginning.

So in many matchups, you tend to ignore Sid until late game. But he gets off his AOE, which when added up is a significant amount of damage. And has a 40% chance of landing a DOT on Rey.* And he can luck out and actually land a heal immunity on the right toon at the right time. In a tank-centric game, it seems like heal immunity has a place. He is not as bad as it FEELS like he is, on the surface. And he is as good or better than a lot of other toons I see in arena.

If Sid was a bigger difference maker, i.e. high priority on the kill list due to his kit, he would be super RNG-annoying due to his speed and dodge and self heal.

Plus, there may be a bigger place for him in the end game.

*I don't have Rey or Sid, so I'm not sure if this is right? If Rey goes first, I guess she has a chance to have Foresight. But even if this occurs, his AOE will still clear Foresight without being a total waste of a turn, and his speed means he will clear the path for a lot of your other toons. So against a Rey Team, that is a very good use of a turn. Either 100% chance to remove Foresight and have a chance to damage/dot 4 other toons... OR 40% chance to DOT Rey and have a chance to damage 4 other toons... at exactly the right time.

To throw another random toon to compare with, let's take Ahsoka. A lot of people like Ahsoka. I completely ignore her, as well. Her DPS adds up when she's on a QGJ lead jedi team. So she fills a role. She is just not the toon that needs to be targeted high on my list.
    Post edited by LastJedi on
  • Options
    Squads that have Sid tend to be squads low on good characters that need to be killed before him. I hate getting messed up by his healing immunity so for me he is my number one target always. Unless there's a Rey.
  • Troy
    21 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »

There you go. That's what i'm saying. LOL