how come the USA got a promotion when the dvd got released and the uk didn't?

Prev13
bngman
369 posts Member
Don't know about other countries either. What's up with that.

Replies

• Options
    Not sure. I'm not trying to downplay your plight, but if I could I'd give you my Poe. He is the 3* that they gave me at level 1.

Some promotions are paid for by the third party, though. They say, "Hey, EA here is some money can you advertise the release of this product on your game for me?" Then EA says, "Yes!" This may have happened when it released in the US and not when it released in UK.
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    Options
    Disney won't spend as much to advertise in areas it won't make as much money in.
    So maybe this time there wasn't enough marketing budget to go around.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    Cause **** ya! 'merica!!!
  • Options
    Because racism duh... Nothing here in finland either :/
  • kaleb314
    146 posts Member
    Options
    US centrism. Also CG/EA is in California
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    ChefHaze wrote: »
    Disney won't spend as much to advertise in areas it won't make as much money in.

it doesnt cost them anything to give a toon, some manhours for the coding, nothing more
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Options
    Poe? He got nerfed long ago. Who cares really, lets be honest?
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    How come only the US and the rest of the world (not just the UK) did not get a promo?
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    Options
    Thats one more reason to not to buy anything from CG :)
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    Options
    What did I miss, what is this "gift" you speak so passionately of?
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    It's all about licencing. Same products have to be negotiated separately in each territory. It's why Netflix provides different programming depending on what your country is.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure it was in revenge for that petty War of 1812.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Luke was born in Kansas. Vader was born in California.. Anakin was born there too I think, not sure. So that is why!
  • Guardias
    58 posts Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be too miffed. A good portion of us in the US didn't even get anything from said promotion.
  • Options
    Very old news. Didn't get a straight answer back then, won't get a straight answer now
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    USA! USA! USA! ......and America's hat!
  • Baggodi
    404 posts Member
    Options
    You have good beer and good cheese. And better candy bars. Let us have one friggin thing!
  • Stok3d
    140 posts Member
    Options
    I believe it has something to do with the way you butchered the English language.
  • Options
    Because Americans need help to be able to compete. Have you seen our school systems?
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    America

Mic drop
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    @ottomaddux Love the school system comment... so true!

@Baggodi Their candy bars are so much better!!!! this is an ironclad argument

For those that are wondering the "gift" was for 10 Phasma shards if you logged in every day when the DVD was released. Like someone mentioned before I did not receive my gift, and it sounds like at least one other person did not receive theirs either.
  • Santin
    48 posts Member
    Options
    I'd also like to have an answer from the devs on this matter.
  • Options
    @ottomaddux Love the school system comment... so true!

@Baggodi Their candy bars are so much better!!!! this is an ironclad argument

For those that are wondering the "gift" was for 10 Phasma shards if you logged in every day when the DVD was released. Like someone mentioned before I did not receive my gift, and it sounds like at least one other person did not receive theirs either.

Hey.. I don't think i got those shards either. I had already maxed phasma though.
  • Delmon_Ciiidrr
    504 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I don't think it has to do with anything of licensing or getting approval. CG just didnt/couldnt want to take the effort to make the event for other countries for whatever reasons. And it was fairly bugged, like some people in the US got nothing, while some people outside of the US were teased with a popup and also got nothing.

I hope this won't become standard practice. This is an international franchise from two global companies, Disney and EA. If they cant make events based on release dates in other countries, they could just make one "CG loves everybody" event or so for the rest of the world and the problem is solved.
    Post edited by Delmon_Ciiidrr on
  • Options
    Yeah, this is the first I've heard about Phasma shards for the DVD release.
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Options
    I'm from USA. I was on vacation in Jamaica when I download this game tho. So as a result, I don't get promotional extras. Does anyone know a way to change this?
  • Options
    Because U.S. companies made Star Wars and SWGOH.

Are you seriously still upset about that? It was like 50 shards two months ago for a toon that isn't even meta anymore.
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    leef wrote: »

it doesnt cost them anything to give a toon, some manhours for the coding, nothing more

You don't understand how advertising works,
    this game and what it does has NOTHING to do with the dvd release.
    Disney has an advertising budget, they use this to buy tv ads, billboards, online ads, and yes, in game promotions.
    Disney paid Ea for those previous promotions, same as how iOS and android paid them for those respective events
    Since Disney makes considerably less money in certain markets, the advertising budget for that location is less.
    It may just be pixels, but nothing is free.
    Sorry, but that's how it works.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

You don't understand how advertising works,
    this game and what it does has NOTHING to do with the dvd release.
    Disney has an advertising budget, they use this to buy tv ads, billboards, online ads, and yes, in game promotions.
    Disney paid Ea for those previous promotions, same as how iOS and android paid them for those respective events
    Since Disney makes considerably less money in certain markets, the advertising budget for that location is less.
    It may just be pixels, but nothing is free.
    Sorry, but that's how it works.

not the point i was trying to make. i wasnt talking about advertisement, i meant that it doesnt cost them anything to just give the same free shards to everybody, regardless of any promotional campaign. just like they give 500 crystals for server outage for example.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Options

Incorrect. Because the character is a 'gift' some coutries levy a tax.