Will people ever be satisfied with this game?

Prev1
pac0naut
3236 posts Member
edited May 2016
FULL DISCLAIMER - I just unlocked 5's. I have no Omega's, I really have no dog in this fight, but I have an opinion.

Half the time, I really have no idea what this forum wants. Fives got the double tap with Omegas. People who didn't have him screamed for a nerf. People who had him told the others to quit crying and get 5's.

In the same breath the forum screamed for diversity, bonuses for synergetic teams, oh, and to fix Old Ben's leader ability. Old Ben gets fixed, now everyone complains about the dodge / evasion meta still being relevant. 5's gets a nerf / bug fix DEPENDING on how you interpret the description. I personally thought that speed down had to be applied BEFORE 5's moved until I saw the video proof. If you can take out 2 or 3 versus 1 and brag about it, chances are a nerf is coming. Also, to those saying 5's isn't OP, can be stunned easily AND is taking out multiple players by himself, then why are you losing 4 toons in the first place? I saw a 1v1 video on Facebook between a half health 5's and a full health and protection Old Ben. 5's was hitting 4-6 times IN A ROW on multiple occasions while applying speed down. But that's not OP though...come on now. Now you got Echo and a synergetic Clone team looks like a force to be reckoned with. You want a toon that can be put in any team you desire or do you want team synergy?

I'll probably get raked over the coals for this, but whatever. Forums scream for balance, balance occurs, people complain that THEIR toon got balanced. The game is less than a year old. It's going to happen.
Meanwhile, down on the farm....

Will people ever be satisfied with this game? 102 votes

Yes.
6%
MurTelRidleyGiggityJediMasterSavageVicC00L_StoryTimitockmoemoneyCanadianMol 7 votes
No.
45%
AksterTagichatnDhallSixplicitvincentlondonDarthNicoeffdashOppo_RancisisTwistedChaosjkgelevateGwonkDaddyngo007Thorius_Antares_2605SlyKrysisTheJanitorMikeCHeroOfCantonDayvenApockaleb314 46 votes
I'd really enjoy a sandwich right now.
48%
TelaanGenakumaVampire_XDarthMasterShawnEM650StarSondano7591fberbertbenacrowBaggodiEleiemWildWest1974K_G0slingBon_ElInternetSwagAegisSaigeAlexHermanssonGrNortikka_aikarajuuLaLiamNoSpoil 49 votes

Replies

• SinCrux
    83 posts Member
    Options
    No.
    People screamed for a nerf and they recked countering this second nerf is ridicilouse . Poor fives give him more potency and then we are talking.
  • Options
    This poll is ripe for trolling. Beware.
  • Options
    Forgot to vote first...
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    Lunch time.... thanks for the reminder!
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Grilled cheese omg so hungry now
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I understand people's frustration. When you spend time and money for characters and then they change them, make an elite toon available to everyone, or nerf them it can be frustrating. It happened to me with Barriss, Poe, QGJ, RG, Rey, etc.

However, those are the circumstances of this game. As long as it is fair and even for everyone, I am understanding about it. My current bone to pick with EA/CG are the unfair advantages people get that no one has any control over. More specifically, no MK Fusion Furnaces have shown up in my and a few other people's shipments, but I have guildmates and allies who have had the opportunity to get more than 8 at this point. When I wrote to @EA_JESSE and @CG_JohnSalera the initial response was that you can craft them. How do I go about that when my toons get stuck at gear 8 due to lack of furnaces, cannot compete against others with higher gear, and as a result get lower raid payouts? In the span of others getting more than 8 furnaces, I was manually able to craft 1. How is that fair?
    Post edited by EM650 on
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    I wholeheartedly agree with the gear wall.
  • Options
    I had an Omlett not a sandwich,lol.

Ok though seriously it is human nature we are never satisfied. It is a sad reality. We get what we want, then we want more. It is the sad human condition.

Look at the PVP. It goes to fast, now we dodge too much. Nobody is happy., Those same that complained it went too fast are not happy with the dodge.

Reality is, people will not ever be satisfied. All you can do is try the best you can. On that note I think they are putting in effort. Dooku lead broken, fixed, complain. Ben lead brojken, fixed, complain. Poe "OP" fixed, complain, 5's "op" fixed, complain. We want to be able to buy gear in shipments, done, complain. We want to be able to buy chromium shards in ship[ments so we don't waste, fixed, complain.

They listen, they adjust. They are putting in the effort. They are trying. Is it always the way we want? No. It will not ever be perfection as perfection is but a myth. I say good effort and thank you team for that effort.

This from one who bought the Barriss pack for an all powerful healer-Nerfed
    From a person who invested money to rapidly get Poe up-Balanced
    To one who spent crystals to refresh Omega to the max to get 5's Omega-fixed
    One who refreshed Rey and RG hard nodes 3x a day to finish, now they are easy to get in Guild shop and Cantina

Many of the balances and fixes have "hurt" me, however many have also done me good, like the gear and chromium shards for sale. Life is give/take. I appreciate the effort. Love the good, the bad bites, but alas there is no good without bad.

Ok after all that I really need that Sammich,lol.
  • Jensxn
    173 posts Member
    Options
    You can't please everyone, but I could definitely be pleased with a good sandwich
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    I had an Omlett not a sandwich,lol.

Ok though seriously it is human nature we are never satisfied. It is a sad reality. We get what we want, then we want more. It is the sad human condition.

Look at the PVP. It goes to fast, now we dodge too much. Nobody is happy., Those same that complained it went too fast are not happy with the dodge.

Reality is, people will not ever be satisfied. All you can do is try the best you can. On that note I think they are putting in effort. Dooku lead broken, fixed, complain. Ben lead brojken, fixed, complain. Poe "OP" fixed, complain, 5's "op" fixed, complain. We want to be able to buy gear in shipments, done, complain. We want to be able to buy chromium shards in ship[ments so we don't waste, fixed, complain.

They listen, they adjust. They are putting in the effort. They are trying. Is it always the way we want? No. It will not ever be perfection as perfection is but a myth. I say good effort and thank you team for that effort.

This from one who bought the Barriss pack for an all powerful healer-Nerfed
    From a person who invested money to rapidly get Poe up-Balanced
    To one who spent crystals to refresh Omega to the max to get 5's Omega-fixed
    One who refreshed Rey and RG hard nodes 3x a day to finish, now they are easy to get in Guild shop and Cantina

Many of the balances and fixes have "hurt" me, however many have also done me good, like the gear and chromium shards for sale. Life is give/take. I appreciate the effort. Love the good, the bad bites, but alas there is no good without bad.

Ok after all that I really need that Sammich,lol.

Well put. Salute, sir.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Jensxn wrote: »
    You can't please everyone, but I could definitely be pleased with a good sandwich

ALL DAY!!!!!
  • Options
    The freemium model is not designed to satisfy you, it's designed to make you want more.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    Like a lunch buffet.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    The freemium model is not designed to satisfy you, it's designed to make you want more.

Truth.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think the crux of all the problems people have is the freemium model

Pay wall
    This created the gear wall
    And also char wall, even more so with shard prices

Which leads to the
    Pvp
    Raids

Raids lead to the pay wall and the cycle repeats

The only way out of the cycle is to buy gear and refreshes and then like a ewok squad momentum begins to work in your favor until the next bigger pay wall

But that is the freemium model and no company has been able to do this better to date but it is an issue for ftp and Dolphins , Dolphins feel this the most I think
  • moemoney
    27 posts Member
    Options
    Yes.
    I am satisfied with listening to all of the people whine constantly.
  • Options
    No.
    I like sandwich
  • Baggodi
    404 posts Member
    Options
    You can never make everyone happy at the same time. But they could minimize the screaming by not nerfing characters without prior warning and not dramatically changing gameplay without making allowances for the foreseeable results.
    I.e don't take away what makes fives awesome and then tell us you made him mediocre. And don't add protection to the yoda challenges without giving a way for people to beat the increased difficulty through anything but dumb luck.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Yes.
    I like the game and sandwiches, but could only vote for one.

This poll needs a buff.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Barris dooku Daka phasma Poe ventriss the Vader thing leia packs gear gw

Nerfs have been here since the beginning and so far that has never changed so 7months of complaing has done 0

Accept it or move along because history being a predictor of future events says that this is not the last angry change
  • fberbert
    593 posts Member
    Options
    Roast Pork and Pickled Cucumber Sandwich

Serves 4
    Hands-On Time 15 min
    Total Time 30 min

Nutritional Information

Calories 566 calories
    Fat 28 g
    Sat Fat 5 g
    Cholesterol 72 mg
    Sodium 841 mg
    Protein 31 g
    Carbohydrate 43 g
    Sugar 5 g
    Fiber 1 g
    Iron 1 mg
    Calcium 40 mg

INGREDIENTS

1 pound boneless pork loin
    1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    kosher salt and black pepper
    1 cucumber, thinly sliced
    3 tablespoons cider vinegar
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    2 teaspoons brown sugar
    1/3 cup mayonnaise
    4 Portuguese rolls, split

DIRECTIONS

Heat oven to 450° F. Season the pork with the cayenne and ¼ teaspoon salt. Roast on a rimmed baking sheet until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center reaches 145° F, 20 to 25 minutes; thinly slice.

Meanwhile, combine the cucumber, vinegar, oil, brown sugar, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper in a medium bowl.

Divide the mayonnaise, pork, and cucumber among the rolls.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    I should mention, I'm satisfied with this game.

I'll go back now to the hole I crawled out of.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Yes.
    Omg bbq pork tenderloin and pickles yum
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options
    Obviously spending money is optional but they ASK a very premium price. ASKING players to spend hundreds or thousand of dollars to play a game that's so poorly tested takes cast iron industrial size nuts. AND/OR just a complete disregard of fair trade. The question is why do so many put up with it and keep feeding a lame slot machine...
    2 things: Star Wars content and your personal investment that you hate to see wasted or put on a shelf. Even if your investment is just time. Time is a valuable thing. Lets be honest - the main reason this forum exists is for the opportunity to complain. Sure tips, tricks, & guides are important but they could have done that without player input. They need feedback from all their beta-testers (us).
    It's disappointing that such a great idea is so poorly executed.
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Options
    When i saw this i went to make that sandwich :)
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Forum is not for complaints , part of it sure

That is why we can't have nice things !
  • Options
    No.
    I'm pretty satisfied with the game. But I often feel I'm the exception. I would have preferred they didn't mess with Fives but, hey, that's the name of the game. I accept it. And I'm still first place on my shard. Because I adapt instead of gripe. ...mostly.

lol
  • K_G0sling
    839 posts Member
    Options
    Jersey Mike's Famous Roast Beef, extra vinegar, add pickles, mustard/mayo.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    After Bariss-Gate I learned the same lesson and u try to be even handed in my insults and praise to players and cg

But some of the boys here make us girls look like warriors with all the Whiney toned posts that get flooded out
  • Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    FULL DISCLAIMER - I just unlocked 5's. I have no Omega's, I really have no dog in this fight, but I have an opinion.

Half the time, I really have no idea what this forum wants. Fives got the double tap with Omegas. People who didn't have him screamed for a nerf. People who had him told the others to quit crying and get 5's.

In the same breath the forum screamed for diversity, bonuses for synergetic teams, oh, and to fix Old Ben's leader ability. Old Ben gets fixed, now everyone complains about the dodge / evasion meta still being relevant. 5's gets a nerf / bug fix DEPENDING on how you interpret the description. I personally thought that speed down had to be applied BEFORE 5's moved until I saw the video proof. If you can take out 2 or 3 versus 1 and brag about it, chances are a nerf is coming. Also, to those saying 5's isn't OP, can be stunned easily AND is taking out multiple players by himself, then why are you losing 4 toons in the first place? I saw a 1v1 video on Facebook between a half health 5's and a full health and protection Old Ben. 5's was hitting 4-6 times IN A ROW on multiple occasions while applying speed down. But that's not OP though...come on now. Now you got Echo and a synergetic Clone team looks like a force to be reckoned with. You want a toon that can be put in any team you desire or do you want team synergy?

I'll probably get raked over the coals for this, but whatever. Forums scream for balance, balance occurs, people complain that THEIR toon got balanced. The game is less than a year old. It's going to happen.

This isn't hearthstone. It takes us freaking months to develop one toon. These guys need a system to reboot a character when they make balance changes. Remove all equipment and omega's so we can reinvest in other toons fairly.