106 posts Member
edited May 2016
Okay so I was working towards Droids, the original plan was:
Poggle
Poe
IG 86
IG 88
HK 47 (L)

Then Jawa Engineer came out who is a game changer for droids so I am working towards him as fast as I can.

But with this change in team dynamic I need a 5th member to this team for my arena squad?
Now we are set up:
HK47 (L)
IG 88
IG 86
Jawa Engineer
5th????

Any ideas? I can focus on most things currently as I have the droids as far as I can personally get them having only played for a month

Replies

• Zanhaep
    358 posts Member
    Options
    I would go Dathcha or IG-100
  • Options
    I was thinking a tank or a healer, just for a bit of cover if they miss the attacks
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Options
    This seems to be the best Droid w/JE setup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9mNnHMEzro

She gives you revive and stun. You could consider RG or Poe in place of Daka.
  • Options
    Thanks thats helpful actually as I need a healer for my dark side battles as well, will give her a go
  • Options
    I run Hk(L), JE, jawa, ig86, ig88
    Jawa Is omega for 25% stun on non-droids aoe
    On a November 25 server I get to around rank 15
  • Options
    I am nowhere near omegaing anything for now most my toons will be at G8 waiting on the last one to G9
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Ig-100 ight not be so bad considering JE gives you the ability to go before the entire enemy team. Im debating weather GG or 100 would be better in my planned droid team. Should have enough shards for GG in a couple months, but he isnt very highly praised.

I think JE is a massive game changer though. The ability to go before everyone and having 200 speed is insane. (if the datamined info for him is to be believed)
  • Lazerrift
    27 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Akster, JE is out, the datamined info is irrelevant
  • Options
    My team currently is HK (L), 88, 86, Poe, and JE (only 4*, but G9, rest of team is 7* and G8 or G9). JE does indeed let the droids go first, and it's freakin' awesome. Problem is, Poe now goes last and JE can't revive. I have GG at 4* and he's awesome in this team, but TERRIBLE on defense. The problem with GG on D is that, while he goes before the other team, the AI has him do his taunt rather than his AOE. If he uses AOE, he goes again thanks to HK's leader ability.

The problem with Poggle, who I used prior to JE, is he now goes after all the droids so his speed up and offence up aren't as useful. Other good options are RG and IG 100, although I'm still leveling 100 (currently 5*, LV 60, but will be LV 65 and G8 tomorrow).

Daka's an interesting option too, although she's now a poor man's JE.
  • Options
    But Daka and JE revive could work plus she has the abilty to stun and can heal! Seems the smart choice, but I will work on RG while I am waiting, I could also throw datcha in there? AOE attack would get the speed bonus as well
  • Au5t1n
    37 posts Member
    Options
    RG no question. Good on offense and defense. FREE TAUNT
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Lazerrift wrote: »
    Akster, JE is out, the datamined info is irrelevant

Not for very long, not seen anyone to have him at 7* and lvl 80. Anything not 7* lvl 80 gear X omega abilities is innacurate, so I have nothing concrete to go by.

So no, I do not have the ability to see his speed when maxed at the present.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options
    Jonnysnipe wrote: »
    But Daka and JE revive could work plus she has the abilty to stun and can heal! Seems the smart choice, but I will work on RG while I am waiting, I could also throw datcha in there? AOE attack would get the speed bonus as well

I dont know how useful daka will be with heal since 86/88 have such low health, a heal is unlikely to save them, the double resurrecting characters could be pretty funny though.
  • Options
    Well RG is getting the most love, will work towards him but need his node on cantina battles. So for now I will work towards Daka, as a short term fix.
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    Options
    Short term for arena it has to be RG as JE has minuscule health and protection at 4*

Long term I would say grievous, 100 or an assist caller, taunt and/or buff remover (QGJ, GS, Sun Fac, Han)

Daka would be good for GW and maybe a long term arena possibility
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    How do these teams do agains teams lead by Old Ben? Seems like his TM gain from evasions would be a great way to counter the droids/Jawa early speed, since everyone except 86 and JE have an AoE attack.

Rex as leader also looks like another dangerous enemy to face since every crit would give clones 15% TM.

I was thinking that Old Ben(L), JE, Jawa, 86, 88 might make a tempting droid team to put on defense. Ig86 and 88 have much better dps than Hk, ig100, and Dathcha. You don't rely on TM from crits, but rather TM from evasion. Jawa actually already has added evasion for each Jawa ally, and would actually gain 60% TM for every dodge.
  • Options
    Best droid team imo is Hk (L omega), IG, IG, JE and Phasma which i run. Works pretty **** nice on offense. Not sure on defense tho. Daka/RG might have the edge there since Phasma has 50% chance to do Fullisade first which recks you.
  • BubsSolo
    54 posts Member
    Options
    My team currently is HK (L), 88, 86, Poe, and JE (only 4*, but G9, rest of team is 7* and G8 or G9). JE does indeed let the droids go first, and it's freakin' awesome. Problem is, Poe now goes last and JE can't revive. I have GG at 4* and he's awesome in this team, but TERRIBLE on defense. The problem with GG on D is that, while he goes before the other team, the AI has him do his taunt rather than his AOE. If he uses AOE, he goes again thanks to HK's leader ability.

The problem with Poggle, who I used prior to JE, is he now goes after all the droids so his speed up and offence up aren't as useful. Other good options are RG and IG 100, although I'm still leveling 100 (currently 5*, LV 60, but will be LV 65 and G8 tomorrow).

I at the point in the game (level 73) where I can vet my droids to gear 9...who should get the first furnace and who should recieve the second?
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    Options
    How do these teams do agains teams lead by Old Ben? Seems like his TM gain from evasions would be a great way to counter the droids/Jawa early speed, since everyone except 86 and JE have an AoE attack.

Rex as leader also looks like another dangerous enemy to face since every crit would give clones 15% TM.

I was thinking that Old Ben(L), JE, Jawa, 86, 88 might make a tempting droid team to put on defense. Ig86 and 88 have much better dps than Hk, ig100, and Dathcha. You don't rely on TM from crits, but rather TM from evasion. Jawa actually already has added evasion for each Jawa ally, and would actually gain 60% TM for every dodge.

Excellent points on all, Rex and dodge leaders with bonuses (Dooku and Ben) are good options to fight them.

I like the defense suggestion and may try it out
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    BubsSolo wrote: »

I at the point in the game (level 73) where I can vet my droids to gear 9...who should get the first furnace and who should recieve the second?

If you are going for a full droid team It is between 88 and 86, hard decision between the two. I would go 88 to make sure he gets his AoE off after HK has debuffed the enemy team with meatbag mayhem.

No point gearing HK as a priority, he does not do that much damage compared to the rest and is primarily there for his debuff, which he will get off since he is pretty tanky for a droid.
  • Options
    Akster wrote: »
    BubsSolo wrote: »

If you are going for a full droid team It is between 88 and 86, hard decision between the two. I would go 88 to make sure he gets his AoE off after HK has debuffed the enemy team with meatbag mayhem.

No point gearing HK as a priority, he does not do that much damage compared to the rest and is primarily there for his debuff, which he will get off since he is pretty tanky for a droid.

+1
    I had to make the same decision yesterday and I gave it to 88. He now has 10,236 health and 6757 protection.
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Options
    Dumbledore wrote: »
    Best droid team imo is Hk (L omega), IG, IG, JE and Phasma which i run. Works pretty **** nice on offense. Not sure on defense tho. Daka/RG might have the edge there since Phasma has 50% chance to do Fullisade first which recks you.

I'm on your shard. I'm Birdie. You're team rocks!
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Options
    *your
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    Don't laugh when you read this but Jawa. Jawas stun with omega can stun all not just droids . His speed is 133 add JE special he's very fast for 2 turns. Hk lead with omega great adds 5o tm on a crit but don't over look ig88s leader with omega applies dots which adds to 88s damage plus adds 25 percent more damage on jawas basic. Funny thing is JE probably better playing with mix of droids and jawas. Best part of all this all characters free to play and can compete with most all .
  • Options
    Need a debuffer
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    For raids on runs when you drop the door on rancor add Jawa, his slow plus HK's lead will lead to massive damage for droids.
  • Options
    Okay I need a focus here I have had many different answers and now I see my options as a mainly F2P player:
    Jawa
    IG 100
    RG (will take me a lot longer to get him)

So realistically Jawa or IG 100? Mainly for Arena I can only focus on one of them.
  • Options
    I am still running Poggle 8886 GS Poe and am getting slaughtered on my server. I cannot break past 60 now. My team is all lvl 75 mostly gear IX.

Spending my guild points on JE but that will take months....
  • Options
    When choosing which one to put a furnace on, I actually went with HK first. Not the most popular choice, I know, but I did it for the +70 potency you get from the gear at G9-10. Not saying that's the way to go, but I was seeing waaaay too many people resisting his debuffs, and I was cranky about it.

As for who to go for... I am intrigued by the Jawa, but he won't be as useful until you get his Omega with 25% stun. If I was making the choice...I'd probably go with Jawa, he'd be doubly useful against all those pesky droid teams you're probably going to run in to.
  • Loafdawg83
    202 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I run a team of HK (L), Poggle, 88, 88 and JE, all at G9 and Pog at G10, and since I went with it, I finished 1st in arena two nights in a row. I was thinking about replacing Poggle with a Tank but I like this team too much to change it.