2Next

Replies

• Frommer
    145 posts Member
    Options
    hhooo wrote: »
    Frommer wrote: »
    I'd vote for maybe January for a level cap increase? If it comes out soon, I'm finished with this game.

tumblr_m69dfkPltS1ruyipoo1_500.jpg

I'm level 64 now. I want to be able to get near the cap at some point while I'm playing this game. As long as they keep "re-tuning" all the old events for people to be even higher levels than the first time around, I'm going to continue to get **** on by the re-tunes. If they decide to function like a normal game company and keep old content accessible to lower level players and make new content for higher levels, then sure. But they've shown zero indication that they want to do anything besides discourage newer players.

@hhooo
    Yes but saying "I'm going to quit if people are allowed to continue to progress" is absurd. There is a weird lacking to the game when you complete daily activities but the XP goes nowhere. It's nice to know you maybe are keeping ahead of people who play twice a week. And I'm playing for free but I'm almost at level 78. I don't mind that people who pay or play longer than me may have better teams, it makes perfect sense they should have as much.
  • Frommer
    145 posts Member
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if there is another cap increase.

-Skills now are 'MAXED'
    -DS and LS tables no longer have room for new levels
    -Gear level is the only thing that indicates additional levels but has a significant amount of mats not found in the current game
    -Star level also can not be increased without significant game architecture changes

There was always some debate from datamining and other sources as to where the real cap would be but 80 has always been considered a possibility. The actions with the omega mats plus the gear block point pretty strongly to this being capped.

I would think we'll see SWGOH II prior to another cap increase.

Yes because 80, what a logical number to stop at. I mean they are obviously still adding new functions to this game, but why not start a new one? You are the type of guy I want to bet against in football on Sundays. All these random analytics that mean nothing when the reality is it will get to level 100 (or 99) without a doubt. They are still making money and have no reason to stop everyone in their tracks when a fair amount of people are on this game and represent a markatable base.

And there's no room for new levels... Like the level of idioc y here. You don't think a scroll function could be added? Like it's just too much programming to be feasible?

What got your panties in a twist?

Nothing really. Just statements lacking intelligence I'm calling out. Like the game isn't going to stop at 80 when every cap increase people spend money on credits and such to improve their characters. Plus 80 would just be an odd number to stop at generically.
  • Options
    I'd like to think they would make more 'end-game' content for now rather than a cap increase. No profit issues there for EA/CG since end game benefits usually are as attractive, if not more, than the basics. There are plenty of games that have made great end-game content. Raids are just one example of this.
    | ☮ Scoundrel ☮ | 635-571-985 "Never tell me the odds." BHG Wakanda Forever
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    I'd vote for maybe January for a level cap increase? If it comes out soon, I'm finished with this game.

I'm level 64 now. I want to be able to get near the cap at some point while I'm playing this game. As long as they keep "re-tuning" all the old events for people to be even higher levels than the first time around, I'm going to continue to get **** on by the re-tunes. If they decide to function like a normal game company and keep old content accessible to lower level players and make new content for higher levels, then sure. But they've shown zero indication that they want to do anything besides discourage newer players.

@hhooo
    Yes but saying "I'm going to quit if people are allowed to continue to progress" is absurd. There is a weird lacking to the game when you complete daily activities but the XP goes nowhere. It's nice to know you maybe are keeping ahead of people who play twice a week. And I'm playing for free but I'm almost at level 78. I don't mind that people who pay or play longer than me may have better teams, it makes perfect sense they should have as much.

And I qualified that by saying that if they actually make one move to help lower level players feel like they can eventually get to the end game, it would make things better. They are doing the opposite. If you started playing earlier, you get the same rewards for lower investment, RE Omegas, Yoda, precrafting, etc. The opposite should be true. No one starts playing a game thinking "Man, this should be fun to grind and never actually get to the end game." No one. It's crazy that I need to explain this so often, but apparently no one playing this game realizes that the reason games like WoW stayed so popular for so long was because after the majority of players were past old content, they made leveling past it faster, made the old content easier (or at least left it alone!), because they knew that to retain new players, they have to have a view to the end game in a realistic time period. I've been playing for two months, every day, 3 refreshes most days, and I'm at 64. Not even halfway to 80. And the old content is being retuned for higher levels so that I can't access it for the same investment as the people who started in December. This is absolutely no way to make a game that is going to survive. As long as this is their MO, then yes, I will be stopping if they increase the cap and move the goal posts on old content again.

• Options
    Scaling vertically = bad.
    Scaling horizontally = good.
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    Options
    The old content is not being retuned for the higher levels.

It was retuned to account for protection. An added benefit, that we had to do without, Which is accessible at much lower levels. It is a myth that it is any more, or any less difficult.
  • KeyMan64x
    794 posts Member
    Options
    The sooner they raise the cap, the more they will help the whales. Imagine them spending to sprint to get to 90 and how much more powerful they will be than everyone else, several levels below them.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    KeyMan64x wrote: »
    The sooner they raise the cap, the more they will help the whales. Imagine them spending to sprint to get to 90 and how much more powerful they will be than everyone else, several levels below them.

Even mega-whales are going to pace themselves on that journey.
  • Frommer
    145 posts Member
    Options

@hhooo

And I qualified that by saying that if they actually make one move to help lower level players feel like they can eventually get to the end game, it would make things better. They are doing the opposite. If you started playing earlier, you get the same rewards for lower investment, RE Omegas, Yoda, precrafting, etc. The opposite should be true. No one starts playing a game thinking "Man, this should be fun to grind and never actually get to the end game." No one. It's crazy that I need to explain this so often, but apparently no one playing this game realizes that the reason games like WoW stayed so popular for so long was because after the majority of players were past old content, they made leveling past it faster, made the old content easier (or at least left it alone!), because they knew that to retain new players, they have to have a view to the end game in a realistic time period. I've been playing for two months, every day, 3 refreshes most days, and I'm at 64. Not even halfway to 80. And the old content is being retuned for higher levels so that I can't access it for the same investment as the people who started in December. This is absolutely no way to make a game that is going to survive. As long as this is their MO, then yes, I will be stopping if they increase the cap and move the goal posts on old content again.

@hhooo
    They should do something to make new players feel like they can reach the end? Maybe look at the players who are achieving higher levels and know you can get there some day. They spent more time they deserve to be higher. You sound like a 7th grader who wants to skip to 12th grade even though everyone else put more time and effort into it. Admit it you only care about yourself. As soon as you hit level 80 you will instantly change to "well I mean the game should up the max level now it's been enough time."

Classic Bernie supporter. Wants what he didn't earn.
  • Options
    Cap increases are getting old. If they keep raising the cap, you can never truly max out your toons. Instead, they should focus on adding new battles, events, challenges, etc. and new characters. As the cap level increases, the cost for leveling up the characters increases, and it's already getting tedious. I'm over it. Unless they make training up the characters a lot cheaper, another cap increase will DECREASE my interest in the game.
  • Incubus
    24 posts Member
    Options
    I do agree that this game discourages new players at the moment
  • Benr3600
    1098 posts Member
    Options
    Back when daily challenges tiers up to V were visible, there were tiers that required both level 84 and 90 at V. Also IIRC the currently unusable binocs from the Mace Windup challenge are supposed to be usable at like 82.

Should they fix many things, such as ridiculous credit need, all heroes needing multiple "unfarmable" gears to be maxed, etc. before they do their next increase? Yes.

Based on their neglect to brush up the game before rushing out the past two cap raises, there is no reason to believe they will not rush the next one before nonwhales are ready for it
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options

@hhooo

@hhooo
    They should do something to make new players feel like they can reach the end? Maybe look at the players who are achieving higher levels and know you can get there some day. They spent more time they deserve to be higher. You sound like a 7th grader who wants to skip to 12th grade even though everyone else put more time and effort into it. Admit it you only care about yourself. As soon as you hit level 80 you will instantly change to "well I mean the game should up the max level now it's been enough time."

Classic Bernie supporter. Wants what he didn't earn.

I'm sorry you can't have a discussion without resorting to personal attacks. This is how games work. They are not jobs. They are games. Games need players to survive. And yes, that includes players who start at a later date than the week of release. Those players need someone to be on their side. EA, as is, is not doing anything to encourage new players to continue playing. If EA, you, or anyone else wants the game to survive, you need to encourage new players to stay on. Moving the goalposts and regular level cap increases does the opposite. Not sure how I can make this any clearer.