Cap level increase

Prev1
Looks and feels like cap level increases have happened every 3 months or so. I reached 80 today. I've got a ton of toons I'd like to upgrade, but I'm also nervous they'll raise the cap again sooner rather than later. What's this group's thoughts?

Are you going to upgrade your roster or are you going to start saving for a cap increase to 90?

Replies

• Options
    90 better not be till late in the year.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    I'd vote for maybe January for a level cap increase? If it comes out soon, I'm finished with this game.
  • Options
    What do you think, Scroob? November timeframe? I bet we see it closer to August/September
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    If you cap as much as you can quickly, you will have that much less to worry about later.
  • Vengence
    1103 posts Member
    Options
    They should be looking at what to do with the challenges since the update before a level cap Increase
  • Options
    It costs so much just to level 1 toon. 292,000 between 79 and 80!!
  • Options
    I can't afford to upgrade 1 character one level from 79 to 80. I quiver from the idea of upgrading a char from 89 - 90.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    I can't afford to upgrade 1 character one level from 79 to 80. I quiver from the idea of upgrading a char from 89 - 90.

How about from 80 to 90?
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Options
    I hope they wait a while i am not at 80 yet. Not looking forward to the slog to 90.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    I mean, not gonna get ahead by leaps and bounds by saving for things that will be level 81+ when you're stuck at lvl 80 earning power. Maybe set aside enough ability mats to bring a hero up to speed if they get a buff in balancing patches and bug-fixes. That's about the extent to which I'll save. 90 will come as soon as their budget requires it. Don't stop spending!!
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    59903922.jpg
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • r2steve2
    189 posts Member
    Options
    Just kill me now.
    Hodor
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options
    Why would you need to ever save for the level cap? It takes probably around a week just to level up from 80-81, you get a lot of credits a day if you complete your GW along with everything else. Your going to have much more than ernough to level up when the cap does come.

You want the level cap o be increased in January? Seriously? 8 months away, longer than the game has even been released. Not going to happen, most people are or are close to hitting 80 already. I doubt it will be any later than september before they raise the cap again, and thats being generous.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    I was hoping for August.
  • Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    I was hoping for August.

Sounds good to me.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Thinking July 4th based last cycle
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options
    Hurry up and increase.
  • Frommer
    145 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    hhooo wrote: »
    I'd vote for maybe January for a level cap increase? If it comes out soon, I'm finished with this game.

tumblr_m69dfkPltS1ruyipoo1_500.jpg
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Hope they do it next week! Can't wait for level 90. Gear 12 here i come...wait for me!
  • Frommer
    145 posts Member
    Options
    If I don't get what I want for Christmas this year....
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'd be surprised if there is another cap increase.

-Skills now are 'MAXED'
    -DS and LS tables no longer have room for new levels
    -Gear level is the only thing that indicates additional levels but has a significant amount of mats not found in the current game
    -Star level also can not be increased without significant game architecture changes

There was always some debate from datamining and other sources as to where the real cap would be but 80 has always been considered a possibility. The actions with the omega mats plus the gear block point pretty strongly to this being capped.

I would think we'll see SWGOH II prior to another cap increase.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Lvl 90 already data mined ... Moving on
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    No, this time it needs to be pushed out to September or october at the EARLIEST.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Baggodi
    404 posts Member
    Options
    I imagine they'll increase it as soon as spending slows. If that's tomorrow we'll see the cap increase tomorrow.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    dontstopbelievingnavy_fullpic.png
  • Frommer
    145 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »

-Skills now are 'MAXED'
    -Gear level is the only thing that indicates additional levels but has a significant amount of mats not found in the current game
    -Star level also can not be increased without significant game architecture changes

There was always some debate from datamining and other sources as to where the real cap would be but 80 has always been considered a possibility. The actions with the omega mats plus the gear block point pretty strongly to this being capped.

Yes because 80, what a logical number to stop at. I mean they are obviously still adding new functions to this game, but why not start a new one? You are the type of guy I want to bet against in football on Sundays. All these random analytics that mean nothing when the reality is it will get to level 100 (or 99) without a doubt. They are still making money and have no reason to stop everyone in their tracks when a fair amount of people are on this game and represent a markatable base.

And there's no room for new levels... Like the level of idioc y here. You don't think a scroll function could be added? Like it's just too much programming to be feasible?
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Frommer wrote: »
    SlyGambit wrote: »

-Skills now are 'MAXED'

Yes because 80, what a logical number to stop at. I mean they are obviously still adding new functions to this game, but why not start a new one? You are the type of guy I want to bet against in football on Sundays. All these random analytics that mean nothing when the reality is it will get to level 100 (or 99) without a doubt. They are still making money and have no reason to stop everyone in their tracks when a fair amount of people are on this game and represent a markatable base.

And there's no room for new levels... Like the level of idioc y here. You don't think a scroll function could be added? Like it's just too much programming to be feasible?

What got your panties in a twist?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Although I'd prefer no more levels and all focus on expanding out over up. I feel a July - August area will be more than likely with level 100 at New Year area.

With luck they consider stopping after level 100 atleast.
  • Options
    what they need to do instead of a cap increase is launch a mass amount of new characters and abilities instead of the 1 or 2 every few weeks. rollout like 40 new characters and let people work and develop new teams as most of the current characters have already been explored for there best combinations.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    Frommer wrote: »
    hhooo wrote: »

tumblr_m69dfkPltS1ruyipoo1_500.jpg

I'm level 64 now. I want to be able to get near the cap at some point while I'm playing this game. As long as they keep "re-tuning" all the old events for people to be even higher levels than the first time around, I'm going to continue to get **** on by the re-tunes. If they decide to function like a normal game company and keep old content accessible to lower level players and make new content for higher levels, then sure. But they've shown zero indication that they want to do anything besides discourage newer players.