Ability to pass or skip attack

Xaphus
4 posts Member
I'd like to see an ability to pass on an attack. For example, say I have to hit dooku because he's last toon standing, but the toon I have to hit with is low health and I have either a stunner or a healer coming up in the rotation.

It would be nice not to have to have the toon be forced to attack and almost be guaranteed a swift death. Mostly I want this to help counter some of the counter attack toons out there.

Replies

• Options
    Xaphus wrote: »
    I'd like to see an ability to pass on an attack. For example, say I have to hit dooku because he's last toon standing, but the toon I have to hit with is low health and I have either a stunner or a healer coming up in the rotation.

It would be nice not to have to have the toon be forced to attack and almost be guaranteed a swift death. Mostly I want this to help counter some of the counter attack toons out there.

Don't count on it. People would totally abuse that in GW to manipulate their cooldown timers. It's been asked for many times before.
  • Xaphus
    4 posts Member
    Options
    If you lost your whole turn for that toon and any buffs would come off just as if you had been stunned, I'm not sure how it could be abused.
  • Options
    Don't count on it. People would totally abuse that in GW to manipulate their cooldown timers. It's been asked for many times before.

Yes it has been asked for. I wouldn't call it "abuse". I would call it strategy.
  • RonTom
    268 posts Member
    Options
    I say no, simply because the AI couldn't handle it. It's handicapped enough as is.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I asked for this back in January. It sucks when you only have a sliver of life left and you are forced to attack someone who counters like Dooku or 5s, especially in GW where your areservation in it for thexample lon haul. Automatic loss of toon.
  • Salgado9
    529 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah asked for it too, but everyone says it would be abusive. Which makes no sense lmao
  • Options
    I think this would make sense strategically. For example, in the raid if the Gamorrean that taunts and has retribution is up, and you have a character with low HP, wouldn't you want to pass on an attack that would probably lead to that characters death on the counter? That seems perfectly reasonable.
    Officer in BDB, a "casual but competitive" guild that has Rancor and HAAT on farm, gets 37* in LS TB, and kicks butt in TW. PM if interested in joining!
  • Options
    I feel like some toons already have that option in a round about way. Some like QGJ only have attacks as an option, but if my Ackbar for e.g. is in that situation I'll just use it's a trap! Sure it might waste that turn if no one needs to have something dispelled but at least he'll live with the chance I might get to heal him.
  • Options
    Perhaps if a special group could use it, like Tanks all getting a "defend" option to get +defense and not use a move (perhaps even lose buffs?) - but does not make sense for everyone to get this as some of the issues stated previously.
  • Xaphus
    4 posts Member
    Options
    By skipping, you'd deny an entire element of the game. Counter is just a valid form of attack as dodge, healing, etc.

When I save counters for last or only use my stunners on them initially, that's exactly what I'm doing. I'm denying them their ability. However, later in the game, especially GW it becomes more important to protect toons. I see this as a variation of the escape option available in raids, only your toon stays and is still a valid target.