The Gear Wall Is Ridiculous.

Jesse
25 posts Member
Before I begin, know that this isn't a plea or a complaint. This is simply me stating the facts.

Each day I have the choice to use energy on either hard nodes or gear. I try to do both. By the time I get done farming shards, I've already used my two 50 crystal refreshes. Having enough crystals isn't the problem, as I end up in prize tier 50-20 every day. No, the problem is the drop rate for the gear I need, and the sheer amount of toons that require the same gear I'm farming.

For example, let's look at the Mk 8 Blastech weapon mod. I have roughly 6 or so toons that could reach gear 8 or 7 if they had one. With that many gear slots to fill, surely that specific piece wouldn't be hard to come by?

You'd think, but I spent roughly 220 energy today and only snagged about 4 pieces.

At that rate, I'd have twenty pieces over the course of five days. Boom. One character done. On to the next seven. 35 days later, I've completed those, too. Now I can move on to the next Gear slot for a character that requires another twenty pieces. Turns out, five more characters also need that piece of gear, so i spend another month taking care of those.

And then, after two whole months, I finally have all the characters I want geared up. Clearly my next move should be to go use them in the arena. So I do that, fight a team of all gear nine dooku, GS, Rey, RG, etc, get floored because I don't have the money to pave the way for that kind of team, and then repeat.

I know that all those numbers are hypothetical, and that I could easily get much more than 4 pieces a day, but what one must realize is that the situation I'm describing is entirely possible with the system at hand. My idea of accomplishment and fun Isn't waiting three months for my efforts to prove fruitless. And don't even get me started on the whole "furnace" nonsense.

Replies

• Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Take a month to just focus on gear. Do three hard battles at level 1 to complete the daily achievements and then spend the rest of your energy on gear.

Once you have geared the characters you want to gear, then start working on shards for other characters.

This is the only way to progress without falling into the money spending trap that this game can be to get "just one more refresh because I only need 2 more blow dryers"
  • Options
    My gear woes are all in the form of a little battery thing called a droid caller. All my main toons need them. Farming raids since they came out for hopes of drop and guild points...has garnered me a total of 15 of the bits I need to build just one of these things with. It's a level beyond frustrating at this point.
  • Options
    Yeah farming gear is just a drag and no fun. I spent 80 energy this am for just 1 mk 3 holo projector. Farming shards is a grind too, but at least you get a fun little picture. Farming gear just all around sucks.
  • Options
    Just wait till about 7 or more of your toons need 50 of the same piece to progress to the next gear level. It only gets worse the higher you level up. And to top it off, these pieces are only available in guild raids.
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    Farming gear takes about 90 seconds if you refresh a few times. I agree it's not the most thrilling aspect of the game, but it's not really a big deal. It's more fun than challenges.
  • Options
    Farming raid gear it's just so slow. I guess they want you to buy it in shipments. $$$
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    I wish that were true, I'd have bought callers by now.
  • Options
    Yes. We all know the feeling. I've got 14 characters milling around at the bottom of that GIX wall, most of which need those M5 furnaces. A few lucky ones "only" need a M5 Stun Gun or a M7 Bio Implant. Also have a very few even luckier ones that have already scaled the IX wall and looking higher ...
    The wall is so steep, I'm just working on my lower gear heroes now, bringing them all up to VIII.
  • Options
    I don't see any way around it besides paying a few hundred dollars to break through. That's absolutely absurd. Kind of a kick in the sack. Play for 6 months, then impliment a pay wall that canonly be circumvented by a year or more of grinding. #geargate2016
  • Options
    ZarLatho wrote: »
    I wish that were true, I'd have bought callers by now.

Right? I've already bought all the furnaces I need for my current squads...not a droid caller to be found and no guarantee of one even in raids...and the guild currency reward is borderline insulting lol. Saving a lucky drop...It will be weeks before I can craft even one of those things.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    All last month I bought purple gear to get my chars ready for raids. Some couple hundred later and over 35 chars in gear 7. But only 6 are gear 9 because of the droid callers, credit crunch and depth of my roster.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options
    I don't see any way around it besides paying a few hundred dollars to break through. That's absolutely absurd. Kind of a kick in the sack. Play for 6 months, then impliment a pay wall that canonly be circumvented by a year or more of grinding. #geargate2016

What on earth kind of nonsense are you bringing forth?

A year to get 5 characters to gear X? Your joking.

a few hundred dollars? What, you think the only way of gaining 50 pieces of gear is to refresh to the point that it costs you 2000 crystals per refresh?

Alternatively you could just refresh up 50/50/100/100 like most everyone else and be fine.

You get around 60 attempts to get gear in dark/light side battle with the energy you have from that every day. Even if oyu were ridiculously unlucky and got 4 pieces out of 22 trys like the OP, you would be able to get the eqipment in around 5 days. And thats when you are unlucky, and not including any mats you get from challenges, raids etc.

The 'gear grind' people seem to be spouting seems like completely adulterated tripe.
  • Options
    Akster wrote: »
    I don't see any way around it besides paying a few hundred dollars to break through. That's absolutely absurd. Kind of a kick in the sack. Play for 6 months, then impliment a pay wall that can only be circumvented by a year or more of grinding. #geargate2016

Alternatively you could just refresh up 50/50/100/100 like most everyone else and be fine.

Not everybody earns 300 crystals a day for refreshes. Add in Cantina refresh and that's 400 crystals. That's a lot of crystals.
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Do a double Cantina refresh and call it 600.
  • Options
    I'm saving all my crystals and farming chromium shipment shards :)
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    If you want chromiums you shouldn't save for them, you should just buy a half-dozen vaults.
  • Options
    Kopfschuss wrote: »
    I'm saving all my crystals and farming chromium shipment shards :)
    ZarLatho wrote: »
    If you want chromiums you shouldn't save for them, you should just buy a half-dozen vaults.

One chromium isn't going to get you very far. One chromium pack isn't either. If you want chromiums, the best thing you can do is buy the crystals you need with real money. Those crystals you are saving are much better used in energy refreshes.
  • Options
    The pre craft crap is what's created a wall. Those that took advantage are the ones sitting at the top of the raids collecting even more gear that most of us can't even touch. I haven't gotten one single character to 9 with the unobtainable pieces.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Don't push gear until you have all your heroes levels and promoted. Waste of resources, especially considering a level increase renders it all moot.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Akster wrote: »

What on earth kind of nonsense are you bringing forth?

A year to get 5 characters to gear X? Your joking.

a few hundred dollars? What, you think the only way of gaining 50 pieces of gear is to refresh to the point that it costs you 2000 crystals per refresh?

You get around 60 attempts to get gear in dark/light side battle with the energy you have from that every day. Even if oyu were ridiculously unlucky and got 4 pieces out of 22 trys like the OP, you would be able to get the eqipment in around 5 days. And thats when you are unlucky, and not including any mats you get from challenges, raids etc.

The 'gear grind' people seem to be spouting seems like completely adulterated tripe.

i dont know what gear level you are at, but i have 15 or more characters waiting on the gated gear. Furnaces and droid callers, and whatever the other piece is. The ONLY way to get this gear is to pay $10 each IF they come up in shipments, or get extremely lucky in a raid. 15 characters is at least $150, and im adding a character to that list every 2 weeks. all 65 characters (guessing) that need this gear is going to cost a few hundred dollars.
  • Options
    Blurryface wrote: »
    The pre craft crap is what's created a wall. Those that took advantage are the ones sitting at the top of the raids collecting even more gear that most of us can't even touch. I haven't gotten one single character to 9 with the unobtainable pieces.

This, there needs to be a better way to farm gear for scanners and droid callers. They have turned gear farming into Daka/Dooku rng.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    Options
    There is no sweet talking out of the idea that farming is a boring tedious chore. Gear is far worse than shards in their drop rate, adding to the dilemma. I didn't even mention the unfarmable gear yet....
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    Im set back from participating in the guild hard node activity the last 3 weeks.

It is a trap.

Imd done with it. Farm one toon in hard nodes, max. Rest goes to gear.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Btw farming gear is not tedious. It is sim sim done. Toons are like a tree. You plant it and you water it. Only once in a long while do you actually see a noticeable change.

Raids are tedious.

Thank gosh for the gw change. It takes a lot less time now. Hope raids is next. We need some time to fly spaceships.

I share your frustration with trying to gear a whole new team, op. I am trying to maintain and grow my main arena team while gearing a droid team. Then i realize how many mk5 furnaces will have to drop in my lap. And how many mk4 sorosub laptops i need. And stun cuffs. And heck i am lvl 76 and have still not farmed half of my first mk5 stun gun prototype!!

Basically it is very hard to gear up multiple teams. But its fine to me, really. It just means u are taking a huge ris lk that cohld end up being a **** by the time u get there. I like gambling.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    The Droid Callers and Mk7 Nubian Scanners are a pain. I don't know why those aren't part of the shipments too.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yeeeeah, I pretty much think pushing hard for the gear right now is questionable since we know the level cap will go up again to lvl90, who knows what gear levels will do? Personally, not pushing gear past what's already available in farming.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    Yeeeeah, I pretty much think pushing hard for the gear right now is questionable since we know the level cap will go up again to lvl90, who knows what gear levels will do? Personally, not pushing gear past what's already available in farming.

Hopefully they find other ways to extend the game rather than another 10-level grind.
  • Options
    You are going to end up wasting your time grinding the ultra rare gear. You are better leveling something else. Eventually they have to make that gear easier. Those who didn't grind it will have better leveled characters when it becomes available
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    Btw farming gear is not tedious. It is sim sim done. Toons are like a tree. You plant it and you water it. Only once in a long while do you actually see a noticeable change.

Nicely put.