AI hidden dodge.

DarthGozu
283 posts Member
edited May 2016
This is not a post about Ben or Dooku or dodge leader skill. So if you are to troll know that this is not the post you are looking for. Move along...

What I am talking about is the dodge chances added intentionally or not to the AI. As an example it is fairly abnormal to see Rey ( 0 dodge rating & 0 deflection rating ) without foresight avoid attacks while controlled by AI in a Plasma lead squad and no Yoda to propagate a stolen dodge buff.
I am sure I am not the only one to have witnessed this in arena and GW. I know the stats of my own maxed up characters and I find it very unpleasant to witness AI controlled Royal Guard or QGJ or Rey or GS, ... dodge or deflect in situations where their chance to do so should be 0 ( figure displayed on the character tab ).
I don't care and I don't want to know if this is the result of a bug in the characters script, the combat engine implementation, or if it is intentional and the dev's have added hidden stats to the characters. What I want to see is a fix, a removal or a clarification with the same stats applied to the players characters and visible on the characters sheet.
But this has to be addressed otherwise how can the devs or representatives be trusted when they assert that AI is not rigged. Dodge is the obvious stat here, a character with 0 dodge rating avoiding an attack is big like the nose in the middle of the face. So what about other stats, proc chances, crit chances etc...

Replies

• BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    Options
    I seem to remember reading that all toons have a base of 10%.. but I might just be a little crazy from the heat, and well.. you know.. no hat. :(

I can't seem to find it.. I will ask.
  • DarthGozu
    283 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I seem to remember reading that all toons have a base of 10%.. but I might just be a little crazy from the heat, and well.. you know.. no hat. :(

Those 10% should appear on the displayed character stats. Also 10% would be fairly noticeable during a GW or an Arena match now that games last more than 1-2 rounds. Clearly my squad chances to dodge do not match the one of the rancor Door Panel :dizzy:

• Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    My dodge tracking shows about 7-8% base dodge. I agree this should be included in the stats
  • Athena
    59 posts Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if its less as hidden dodge and more a hidden accuracy rating. Against teams that OP said, I've noticed that all of Rey's attacks account for 99% of my misses. Lumi, Sidious, ST Han rarely if ever miss against non boosted units while Rey (regardless of her attack) tends to miss noticeably. She is described as a 'risky attacker' so perhaps her high damage skills have some innate miss chance?
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    All the heroes have a stat line for Dodge Rating and Deflection Chance. But all the values are at "0"....?
    I'm confused on that one.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Athena wrote: »
    I'm wondering if its less as hidden dodge and more a hidden accuracy rating. Against teams that OP said, I've noticed that all of Rey's attacks account for 99% of my misses. Lumi, Sidious, ST Han rarely if ever miss against non boosted units while Rey (regardless of her attack) tends to miss noticeably. She is described as a 'risky attacker' so perhaps her high damage skills have some innate miss chance?

No one has tracked this that I know of but in that thread where the guy tracked 3000 dodges it was debated between com bias as the big attack is a game changer so when it misses you notice more of a real affect.
  • Dizzle
    80 posts Member
    Options

I think I read that in the Dodge megathread, but Goodluck sifting through that thing.
  • Options
    AI dodge rate is obscenely too high. And people know it. That is why you see so many Dooku leads in Arena. Players are exploiting the known RNG bug for AI defense, some inadvertently, some knowingly, but few maliciously. This should be classified as a known issue and Dooku's lead ability needs to be fixed without delay! They only let a minor quirk with Fives go on for a matter of weeks. This has been a problem for months!

#nerfthedookie
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    Options
    AI dodge rate is obscenely too high. And people know it. That is why you see so many Dooku leads in Arena. Players are exploiting the known RNG bug for AI defense, some inadvertently, some knowingly, but few maliciously. This should be classified as a known issue and Dooku's lead ability needs to be fixed without delay! They only let a minor quirk with Fives go on for a matter of weeks. This has been a problem for months!

#nerfthedookie

Lol.

OK got it. You hate dooku. But sorry to tell you dooku, old ben, and lumi lead abilities are working as intended I believe, and not bugged.

I believe it is an accuracy thing. Why? There is no accuracy stat. And as stated above I notice Rey, and Leia misses atleast once a fight, usually more with Leia, regardless who ever is lead, while qgj, never misses, unless it's an eva leader, and he still don't miss much then.

Everytime Leia and Rey misses the rancor with door on top of him I cry a little. These 2 miss the rancor more than anyone. This is what leads me to believe it's an accuracy deal.
  • Options
    I am not being too subtle?

For my squads, Yoda misses at an alarming rate regardless of what team I face. He is 7 star and GIX, so ibwould think he would have better aim. If nothing else, the little green troll could give himself some Lasik with that little light saber.
  • Options
    Oh and Lumi's leadership doesn't seem to generate as many dodges as Dooku and Ben. Don't know if I don't run into her as much, but every fight with Dooku is an unbearable dodgefest. And because it also grants offense up -- like Dooku needed to have another ability to add to his overstuffed tool kit -- you are dramatically punished for the dodge with additional damage.

And once more, just for kicks: #nerfthedookie
  • SpaceDog
    42 posts Member
    Options

I remember reading from the Dev's that the base evasion rate was 7.5% with slight variations amongst toons.