An Elegant Fix For A More Civilised Age (Or How To Stop Guild Kicking During Raids) -- DEV COMMENT

2Next

Replies

• Orion_Lighter
    16 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    The responses have been hilarious.

Those of you that are in a good guild say that:

guild leaders should be able to kick people mid-raid because you don't want to put up with someone for the duration of a raid.

are not considering all angles, because you're basing your opinions solely from your own experiences. You are getting your rewards, and you've never been kicked, so there's nothing wrong with the current system, right?

Walk a mile in another's shoes.

And there are those of you who have experienced being used and then kicked out of a raid, who say that the fix would work. This is the group that has been affected, whether in the past or still currently, and don't want it to happen any more, whether to themselves or those that come after.

Is it really too much to ask from a guild to put up with someone for a single raid?
    If so, have a better vetting process.

Does the inconvenience of the many outweigh the needs of the few?
    If so, Then what's the point of allowing randoms to join guilds?

• tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    BatuKhan wrote: »
    "People would troll this system so hard."

Guild leaders are already trolling the system hard. That seems like a bigger issue to me than a few days of an annoying guild member who you report mid-raid and boot post-raid.

The difference here is that it's their guild.

I think there is a better solution than this, but I don't have anything to share at this moment :smile:

How does that make any sense? You don't like this suggestion but can't think of anything better? It's obvious that the current method of kicking members during raids after they contribute is clearly trolling. And it's such a cop out to dismiss a suggestion because of "trolling/exploiting". That excuse can be made for a variety of changes made in this game but they still went through didn't they??
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • SeaWhy
    84 posts Member
    Options
    Our Guild, Squad Goals, requires players to submit screenshots of their battles. The screenshots are reviewed by the officers. If anyone is found to be cheating, they get booted immediately. No Raid rewards for them. I would never want to lose this ability to punish cheaters.

CHEATING??? Yes, we have caught people cheating with the damage buff. The total damage reported from the battle equals 1.5 times the amount of damage their characters actually scored. It is easy to see with a screenshot.

IF ANY GUILDS AREN'T DOING THIS THEN THEY AREN'T DOING ENOUGH TO PROTECT THEIR MEMBERS FROM CHEATERS!

Unfortunately cheating is real in this game and it is up to the Guild officers to detect and punish.

EDIT: Proof

ICZAtlj.png

Yeah man assists and DoT doesn't get attributed to the toon that caused it, but it shows up on total damage...you have been kicking out players for no reason.
  • Options
    What happens when someone's a troll? Or spewing hateful racist garbage in your guild chat?

People would troll this system so hard.

Allow a guild officer to silence people in chat. Fixed.
  • Options
    I think the bad guilds will get what they deserve in the end. I am also in a great guild that treats people fairly and wouldn't kick someone that actually contributed to the raid but this is a live and learn kind of thing. Don't put your time and resources into a guild that doesn't care. Yes I know that this is just a mobile game but if you play enough to be able to raid in meaningful raids then you should know better. IMO of course.
  • Options
    SeaWhy wrote: »
    Our Guild, Squad Goals, requires players to submit screenshots of their battles. The screenshots are reviewed by the officers. If anyone is found to be cheating, they get booted immediately. No Raid rewards for them. I would never want to lose this ability to punish cheaters.

CHEATING??? Yes, we have caught people cheating with the damage buff. The total damage reported from the battle equals 1.5 times the amount of damage their characters actually scored. It is easy to see with a screenshot.

IF ANY GUILDS AREN'T DOING THIS THEN THEY AREN'T DOING ENOUGH TO PROTECT THEIR MEMBERS FROM CHEATERS!

Unfortunately cheating is real in this game and it is up to the Guild officers to detect and punish.

EDIT: Proof

ICZAtlj.png

Yeah man assists and DoT doesn't get attributed to the toon that caused it, but it shows up on total damage...you have been kicking out players for no reason.

Many of our members use assist characters, it attributes the damage just fine. This guy admitted to cheating when confronted. Keep your eyes peeled.

Character Name: Nofaultius