The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Options
    Aero wrote: »
    My goodness, looks like we have a new winner. Honestly surprised seeing others with gear 11 Veers. Still waiting for someone to match my gear 11 Stormtrooper though.

Mine's stuck at 9 right now
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Options
    Still gX. We'll see what happens after they rework imperial troopers
  • Options
    Is Veers Haat ready now? Like an empire cody? Pending on other troopers reworks and synergies ?
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    General Veers rework:

What's the point of updating Veers now but not the new Imperial Trooper tag he supports until next week? I don't get it.

New basic: decent, not thrilling. Speed up still just doesn't seem exciting.
    New special: Cool to see him calling all troopers to assist, but 55% chance ability block is very low.
    New unique and zeta: Very good, I'm a fan. Even
    New leader: Seems pretty bad. Only +20 speed and not +30 like other speed leaders is odd. The troopers aren't very fast to begin with so why not 10 more? Also 10% turn meter when gaining a buff, which troopers even give buffs? Just Veers basic, Stormtrooper taunt (which will need a ton of work), and Shoretrooper taunt. For so few buffs I'm surprised it's so low at only 10%.

I already applied the zeta and I'm going to try to run this team regardless, but this seems like a very weak rework. At least until we see the rest of the troopers.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Is Veers Haat ready now? Like an empire cody? Pending on other troopers reworks and synergies ?

I doubt it. The reason Zeta Cody works is so much turn meter gain (especially for Cody and Sarge) and protection recovery. Zeta Veers you only get 50% turn meter and 10% protection with a kill, which would be one if the turrets. That's only 30% protection recovery if you can manage to topple and no additional torn meter besides when toppled besides the weak 10% when getting a buff.

Not trying to be a downer, just looking at the new skills and it doesn't seem remotely to the level of reworked Finn, reworked Phasma, reworked Maul, reworked Vader.
  • Options
    No please. That's totally fine. That's why I like to bring theory craft here for things I haven't thought of. Thank you. Still want to see troopers synergies though. And take a look at new empire ship. As I'm sure most run tarkin here. A lot of speed.
  • Options
    I have a g11 snowtrooper, death trooper, shoretrooper and magmatrooper, but not stormtrooper. How do I post a pic?
  • Options
    I think the new troopers will have synergy across the board to, much like the Phoenix characters. But they're really going to have to do something special to them to make them even remotely viable for anything other then GW
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Besides the fact that they are going with the Veers + Troopers idea, the only thing that's really good about the rework so far is the new stance.

5EXMszP.jpg
    jAXOjoH.jpg
    3hdceKE.jpg

• SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Well as happend to anakin and boba, was waiting for a big overhaul. But it seems is not the case, as said +20 speed to all slow troopers won't help against the current speedy meta. I thought they could give Veers some decent buffs and TM that would help all troopers. Plus some sinergy to empire allies!!

• Options
    I like it so far, but really have to wait to see what they do to the troopers.
  • Options
    I see some good TM+speed gains here with the rework. Dam, was giving a break in game but now I need to get back.
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Options
    I also wonder if the new Imperial super commando will get the trooper tag even if it's not in his name. I mean he basically is a trooper right?
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Lisker wrote: »
    I also wonder if the new Imperial super commando will get the trooper tag even if it's not in his name. I mean he basically is a trooper right?

I'm going to guess no. At least the original intent when people made the suggestions in this thread a long time ago was for it to be a Stormtrooper tag, but given that that's the name of a character have it changed to trooper or imperial trooper. Given that ISC isn't a Stormtrooper, I don't think he will get the tag.

I think Veers only has it so he can synergize with his team.
  • Options
    Does the trooper tag is currently only on veers???
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Ronoaldo wrote: »

Yes
  • Options
    Ronoaldo wrote: »

Yes

Bummer. :o

Thanks.
  • Options
    Lisker wrote: »

I'm going to guess no. At least the original intent when people made the suggestions in this thread a long time ago was for it to be a Stormtrooper tag, but given that that's the name of a character have it changed to trooper or imperial trooper. Given that ISC isn't a Stormtrooper, I don't think he will get the tag.

I think Veers only has it so he can synergize with his team.

That would be a shame if he doesn't, as I think he would benefit from Veer's new enhancements to troopers.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    It might be hard to tell, but Veers gets
    50% turn meter on kills
    10% since he reapplied offense up
    10% if he reapplies speed up
    15% from Snowtrooper unique

Which is 85% total. I'm still not thrilled, especially because Daze stops turn meter gain for some reason (stopping counters and assists is enough already IMO), but it's pretty fun.

Really wish the other troopers at least had the tag already even if their reworks haven't happened yet.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    With a low +20 speed, and in same line as every time a buff is gained, it's likely a stacking effect. We're talking after 5 buffs are gained, +100 total speed.
  • Options
    Death trooper is a trooper as well
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    War wrote: »
    With a low +20 speed, and in same line as every time a buff is gained, it's likely a stacking effect. We're talking after 5 buffs are gained, +100 total speed.

Since they reiterated the word "gain," I do not think that is the case.
  • Options
    The update is pretty cool but I'm curious to see what the trooper updates are. I imagine the two new guys will get trooper as well, but unfortunately there's still no cleanse so their countering is not ideal. Unless you run GK as your tank to help with that piece. I wonder if the other troopers get a total rework or just their title updated.
  • Options
    Which is 85% total. I'm still not thrilled, especially because Daze stops turn meter gain for some reason (stopping counters and assists is enough already IMO), but it's pretty fun.

So does shock. We need one of the trooper to get a rework that includes a cleanse, badly. Maybe Shoretrooper's taunt ability will add a cleanse with the heal, that would be ideal I think.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    The update is pretty cool but I'm curious to see what the trooper updates are. I imagine the two new guys will get trooper as well, but unfortunately there's still no cleanse so their countering is not ideal. Unless you run GK as your tank to help with that piece. I wonder if the other troopers get a total rework or just their title updated.

Right, once again Zaul wins.

Want to use Gar? Nope sorry, Daze stops counters, plus 20% starting turn meter ends up being way more than +20 speed on the opening turn. Plus evasion.

Want to use Veers? Nope sorry, Daze stops bonus turn meter gain and same deal ally the 20% starting turn meter.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options

You're right. Going back through previous levels of his leadership, the +20 speed has been there since level 1. That's really weak, unless reworked troopers are buffing themselves consistently for the 10% TM gains.
  • Options

Right, once again Zaul wins.

Want to use Gar? Nope sorry, Daze stops counters, plus 20% starting turn meter ends up being way more than +20 speed on the opening turn. Plus evasion.

Want to use Veers? Nope sorry, Daze stops bonus turn meter gain and same deal ally the 20% starting turn meter.

The Sith opening speed wouldn't be so bad if there was a cleanse in there. They have a heal and crit protection with Shoretroopers taunt on turn 2, but it's getting to turn 2 without being Dazed, Shocked, and / or Stunned. What I'm assuming will be the "trooper" characters are fairly beefy characters, so they can take some punishment but if they can't be cleansed then they're just punching bags. R2-D2 brings a lot to the table for many factions, and unfortunately Sith too.
  • Options
    Empire in general are in desperate need of a cleanse
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

You're right. Going back through previous levels of his leadership, the +20 speed has been there since level 1. That's really weak, unless reworked troopers are buffing themselves consistently for the 10% TM gains.

I think the +20 speed is good, not great, but good enough when you consider the speed-up and TM gain. That puts Death Trooper, Gar, and INC (right acronym?) to a base of 140+ before mods. IF, big IF, TFP gets trooper status then that's going to be disgustingly fast and he will tear **** up in a hurry. I can easily get my TFP to 300+ with that 20 speed bump from Veers. But if you can get +90 to +100 on the other troopers, that could be good. Now we just sit in anticipation of the other trooper updates. Ugh... Wish they could've announced it this week, I could care less about the Ewok event. Great it'll take 2 extra minutes to auto-battle now. lol

Edit: You get Magmatrooper that +20 base speed with some good mods and that Veers zeta ability and he might become a legit threat. Let's assume best-case scenario, yes super theoretical... Shoretrooper gets a cleanse on taunt.

Veers lead, Magma, DT, Krennic, Shore. That's a lot of damage and TMR control right there. Krennic has survivability via DT and Shore and the other guys are pretty beefy too, though I forget where Veers health pool lies... need to look that up.