The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Options
    Aero wrote: »
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Am I the only one who's fearing they won't release a zeta for tarkin now? With the veers leader ability giving a leader speed boost it makes me feel like they are just going to leave tarkin in the dust... Was looking forward to a tarkin L+ crazy speed tfp combo :/

Yeah doubting it will be anything but Veers and Troopers, but come on there is more to the game than speed. I'd love a 300+ speed TFP on a viable team too, but I'd also love to see a team that works without relying on going first.

Id love to see a team that gets bonuses from being slow, but EA has shown much interest in going that route. If they did Empire would be it because theyre naturally slow.

Gar Saxon and the new Imperial Super Commando both have turn meter reduction (at least one of them does), I think that's where they were going with that.
    -- Qui-Lun Taeren --
    Jedi Speed is a Thing!
  • Options
    Regarding the troopers, changing the stats is also a possibility. My Veers was at 9000 power before the update and then 9400 afterwards, so they changed something. There's a good chance they change Stormtrooper's stats because they are horrible for taunting.

My Veers does less critical attacks then before, and I haven't spotted him hitting harder, either..... :disappointed:
    Maybe bad luck.
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • Options
    So this tooper rework, while I know they will rework Storm, Snow, and possibly Magma, I assume they put Death Trooper and Shoretrooper into the imperial trooper mix. Now with that being said, wouldn't it make sense for Krennic to also get the trooper tag? I mean the Deathtroopers and shoretroopers were under him. That would also give him a reason to be used and make that team really great. He has a zeta leader, while Veers has a zeta unique. So you could run Krennic, DT, Veers, and 2 troopers.

I know it doesnt make sense to trooper Tarkin, but Krennic has a reason to be. Just saying.
    518 posts Member
    Options
    So this tooper rework, while I know they will rework Storm, Snow, and possibly Magma, I assume they put Death Trooper and Shoretrooper into the imperial trooper mix. Now with that being said, wouldn't it make sense for Krennic to also get the trooper tag? I mean the Deathtroopers and shoretroopers were under him. That would also give him a reason to be used and make that team really great. He has a zeta leader, while Veers has a zeta unique. So you could run Krennic, DT, Veers, and 2 troopers.

I know it doesnt make sense to trooper Tarkin, but Krennic has a reason to be. Just saying.

You're right, he should because he's supposed to be an Admiral. Also, I checked and TIE Pilots are troopers, considering the definition, they're soldier so they totally fit in and should get the tag as well ! I went on Wookiepedia, which said that they were replacing clone trooper who were aging and they were trained in the Imperial Academy, which made them soldier as well as other troopers such as DT, ShT, StT, SnT,MgT GV, DK, GMT and RG (RG are the best troopers, chosen by the Emperor himself). All of them were soldier with different ranks in this Universe.

So for sure, they should have been considered as well as Imperial Troopers ! GMT is hard to define because he already has his Leadership ability so I could understand if they don't include inside and if they choose to make a proper rework without considering him as a Trooper. But like I said, for sure all the others are troopers and must be considered as !
  • Options
    More power to the Empire and I'm hype. I have to say last couple of updates Ive been impatiently waiting for. Good time to change it right before R2 event as well.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Krennic didn't lead Shoretroopers or Death Troopers. He was a scientist, his job was research and development for advanced weapons. The Death Troopers were just body guards. Like secret service to the president, but you wouldn't call the president a soldier.

I'm still going with my assumption that troopers is referring specifically to the Stormtrooper Corps, so no TIE Fighter Pilot. Veers gets the tag similar to why Grevious gets the droid tag.
  • Options
    Krennic didn't lead Shoretroopers or Death Troopers. He was a scientist, his job was research and development for advanced weapons. The Death Troopers were just body guards. Like secret service to the president, but you wouldn't call the president a soldier.

I'm still going with my assumption that troopers is referring specifically to the Stormtrooper Corps, so no TIE Fighter Pilot. Veers gets the tag similar to why Grevious gets the droid tag.

I agree. But wouldn't be mad if tfp is added
  • Options

This^^. Also Krennic already has synergy with deathtrooper and I think that's all the trooper synergy he should get.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    I'm working on gearing up my troopers and I'm on 10 shield generator salvage away from gear 11 Magmatrooper. The others I already have at gear 11 are Veers, Shoretrooper, and Stormtrooper.

So this leaves me with 2 to go, Snowtrooper and Deathtrooper. Who should I focus on? Snowtrooper has the very excellent unique ability so I suspect he'll be pretty good after the rework, but he's at gear 10 already and requires 150 stun cuffs. Meanwhile Deathtrooper is already pretty good and has an AOE dispel, but is only gear 8 so it's going to be awhile before he's ready.
  • Options
    I'm working on gearing up my troopers and I'm on 10 shield generator salvage away from gear 11 Magmatrooper. The others I already have at gear 11 are Veers, Shoretrooper, and Stormtrooper.

So this leaves me with 2 to go, Snowtrooper and Deathtrooper. Who should I focus on? Snowtrooper has the very excellent unique ability so I suspect he'll be pretty good after the rework, but he's at gear 10 already and requires 150 stun cuffs. Meanwhile Deathtrooper is already pretty good and has an AOE dispel, but is only gear 8 so it's going to be awhile before he's ready.

Have to love deathtroopers kit. RO/Phoenix all rebels. Maybe won't be meta but can def see them popping up in arena and such. And I would wait to see what they do with snowtrooper.

• Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Am I the only one who's fearing they won't release a zeta for tarkin now? With the veers leader ability giving a leader speed boost it makes me feel like they are just going to leave tarkin in the dust... Was looking forward to a tarkin L+ crazy speed tfp combo :/

Yeah doubting it will be anything but Veers and Troopers, but come on there is more to the game than speed. I'd love a 300+ speed TFP on a viable team too, but I'd also love to see a team that works without relying on going first.

Id love to see a team that gets bonuses from being slow, but EA has shown much interest in going that route. If they did Empire would be it because theyre naturally slow.

Gar Saxon and the new Imperial Super Commando both have turn meter reduction (at least one of them does), I think that's where they were going with that.

Theyre so easily countered their abilities are irrelevant. The game needs a mechanic where by being slow and getting beat on, you get faster and stronger. Theyve touched on it with zSavage and attempted it with Phoenix perhaps but fell short on damage.
  • Options

Have to love deathtroopers kit. RO/Phoenix all rebels. Maybe won't be meta but can def see them popping up in arena and such. And I would wait to see what they do with snowtrooper.

DT is a given as R2 will bring back Wiggs & Chaze combos. Veers and DT are automatic, need to wait and see on the others. Id collect the gear but dont equip it yet as to not waste it. If Shore or one of the troopers dont get a cleanse, then Kenobi is a must, so Veers, DT, GK and you only have 2 spots left.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options

DT is a given as R2 will bring back Wiggs & Chaze combos. Veers and DT are automatic, need to wait and see on the others. Id collect the gear but dont equip it yet as to not waste it. If Shore or one of the troopers dont get a cleanse, then Kenobi is a must, so Veers, DT, GK and you only have 2 spots left.

I'm going to run a full Trooper squad regardless, I don't mind if I "waste" it. I have Kenobi, but won't use him with this team. That's just me.

I am less than 30 shards away from 7 star Deathtrooper so I'll try to wrap him up before Snowtrooper.
  • Options
    I have g11 snow and death. I run them with vader (l), krennic and tfp in GW and they rock! Overall currently death is better than snow. But you never know after the rework.

300 cuffs into snow with 100 left. He sure is a cuff hog! I hope he is worth it.
  • Options

I'm going to run a full Trooper squad regardless, I don't mind if I "waste" it. I have Kenobi, but won't use him with this team. That's just me.

I am less than 30 shards away from 7 star Deathtrooper so I'll try to wrap him up before Snowtrooper.

If you're just trying to have fun with a more thematic team then yeah, that's what you have to work with right now. I'm just thinking more about what my server and what a couple of my guild mate's servers look like to be competitive. If R2 really drives down the Maul meta then it could be a moot point, if not then Daze becomes a real problem for Veers.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options

If you're just trying to have fun with a more thematic team then yeah, that's what you have to work with right now. I'm just thinking more about what my server and what a couple of my guild mate's servers look like to be competitive. If R2 really drives down the Maul meta then it could be a moot point, if not then Daze becomes a real problem for Veers.

I currently run a full First Order squad and daze is just as big a problem, but I still manage to get to the very to each day. That's what I'm hoping for with Veers, maybe have to work harder to get to the top, but still able to the top.
    518 posts Member
    Options
    I would go with DT too because of stun /daze and he's going very well with the all thing about killing someone, with Deathmark your going to get a second kill soon after the first one ! Not to say he's slow so TM + speed gain will be great, Daze and Stun, Debuff on AoE/ CD increase : that a great kit to go with !

I would wait for the other, I currently have a G8 5* SnT, I would love to see him great and he will be a good combo with all the death too if he keeps his unique. And I think Stormtrooper will be the Sarge of the Empire, hiting hard with his basic. I think it would be great in any squad since he can be a second taunter, the main issue is about his squishiness but maybe with a good Unique rework and being with Shore he can be great. And I truly think one of them has to be cleanser !
  • Options
    I m trying DT in phase 2. The turrets are dead so fast with death mark.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Oh ****, I didn't consider that...

Would be better for p4. 75% turn meter whenever you drop a B2 or turret, death mark to ensure you get them down before the main tank gets a turn, tank doesn't take a turn after topple.

Main issue is no speed down.
    518 posts Member
    Options

Oh ****, I didn't consider that...

Can Deathmark be applied on the main part when the turrets are dead and the ATT is down ?
  • Options
    Yes but the damage isn't crazy but it stays there. Because it's not killed.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Edited my last post with more thoughts. Death mark would be for the side turrets and B2s, not the main tank.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    I'm also thinking maybe Veers will work better with Vader lead and only 3 other troopers. Veers leader ability isn't that great, it seems his unique is really his leader ability.
  • Options
    I'm also thinking maybe Veers will work better with Vader lead and only 3 other troopers. Veers leader ability isn't that great, it seems his unique is really his leader ability.

I think Veers will be better pending the other changes. If they aren't drastic changes I foresee to gain for empire and tm loss for opponents. With buffs for trooper team throughout.
    518 posts Member
    Options
    I think Tarkin lead can still be rework because the more I pay attention to Veers, the more I see a "in between" leadership ability and it seems weird that we have a zVader in one hand, very effective and dangerous, and a Veers as another option which is kind of "we give the same amount of damage, we had speed and TM gain when buffed". It seems to me there's something missing in all of this. Plus, I don't understand why not changing a Leadership ability to another Empire toon while they're making an Empire Pass and not only a Imperial Trooper Pass ?

• Options
    Hi guys, wasn't too sure where to post this...here goes:

What do you think of a team with Gar(L), SuperCommando, Krennic, Deathtrooper.....and there's a lot of possibilities for the 5th - EP, MagmaTrooper, TFP..Veers (if the Imperial Trooper tag is passed around the way I'm sure we're all hoping for..)

I'm trying to decide if that team seems like it would do well enough to go all out for it right now?
    I like the idea of them together..seems fun, though I know going up against daze wouldn't go well.

All thoughts, opinions, critiques would be appreciated! : )
    518 posts Member
    Options
    Well, if you get Zeta on all your chars and if they all take the trooper tag, they have a very good healing and protection recovery option, they will perform very well with TM gain/reduction and debuffs if you take Veers as 5th.
    But that would mean Gar and ISC at 3/4* which is maybe not the best option, also Krennic is not that good as a non leader. If you put him as a leader, your troopers are going to have a very good protection recovery and are going to have a 40% critical chance bonus, which is certainly one of the best thing you could have !
  • Options
    AE_X000 wrote: »

What do you think of a team with Gar(L), SuperCommando, Krennic, Deathtrooper.....and there's a lot of possibilities for the 5th - EP, MagmaTrooper, TFP..Veers (if the Imperial Trooper tag is passed around the way I'm sure we're all hoping for..)

I'm trying to decide if that team seems like it would do well enough to go all out for it right now?
    I like the idea of them together..seems fun, though I know going up against daze wouldn't go well.

Thumbs up to you! There's one thing I would like to point out though: Maul's Whirling Blades would cut down the entire concept of Gar's lead. Team daze is something you gotta watch out for.
  • Options
    AE_X000 wrote: »

Thumbs up to you! There's one thing I would like to point out though: Maul's Whirling Blades would cut down the entire concept of Gar's lead. Team daze is something you gotta watch out for.

That and R2-D2 will likely bring back Wiggs/Chaze and without Shoretrooper Krennic is an easy one-shot, not sure about Gar but either way you'll want a tank in there for sure. Even against a decent Maul squad using SA with some added crit damage, she can 1-shot a whole lot of characters with her 3rd ability.
  • Options
    If your looking for an Empire tank, the best character would actually probably be Vader.