GW still is a joke

Prev1
Day whatever and the GW still takes way too much time to complete. It's the worst part of the game. You said you were looking into it and never addressed it since.

Replies

• Baal
    602 posts Member
    Options
    Can beat it on auto with 6 chars. Why change it?
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    I'm sure your post here will get them on that right away.
  • Options
    Never understand why people want everything to be easy and quick. It's twelve arena matches, do people finish twelve arena matches in 10-15 minutes? People think they're entitled to the credits, mats and shards every day, but it should easy and quick. It's not even something you're entitled to even finish every day.
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options
    Seems fine to me. No change needed.
  • jackTHErandom
    1195 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I dont even use my A or B squads and i run through in around 30 minutes...
    You have either the wrong toons or the wrong strategy!
    How is this the games fault?
    Why should the game change just so you have it easier?

Just for clarification: casual spender
  • Options
    I beat it every day and I suck. Not that hard. Doesn't take too much time. No change needed.
  • JbizzyG
    304 posts Member
    Options
    The Galactic Chore is a slow unfun affair. Many players haven't been able to beat it for months. If you can auto it then good for you. You must be Arena rank 10,000+.
  • Options
    If you haven't beaten it in months, you likely don't know what you're doing.
  • Options
    Can't help but laugh at posts like this. You have all day to do it it's fine as is.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »
    Never understand why people want everything to be easy and quick. It's twelve arena matches, do people finish twelve arena matches in 10-15 minutes? People think they're entitled to the credits, mats and shards every day, but it should easy and quick. It's not even something you're entitled to even finish every day.

Because we have real lives and a job unlike you?

There are a whole list of activities that force us to spend a huge chunk of time in game. For example, for the sake of progressing faster, we have to spend time between 5-6pm positioning and fighting for arena positions. In addition, we also have to be active during raid times, or else we end up at phase 4 with little chance of dishing out high damage for better rewards.And if you skip too many raids you get booted from the guild. If you have to be active at 12pm,6pm,9pm, just to collect free energy so your progression is not at a snail's pace.You have to complete as many guild activities before your guild reset time and might have to complete 2-3 full sets of galactic war before the reset.You have to fight multiple squads of arena teams just to get that 500k needed to improve your squad slightly.

Make GW challenges optional. Separate the credits from the GW challenge. The ones who want their challenge can have the challenge, but the ones who need the credits can have it in an easier manner that doesn't take more than 15 mins. To the people who tell me that GW is optional and that I can choose not to do them, I am going to say that GW is the mode which gives us the main source of credits. We can't choose not to do it as it is needed for our progression. Try doing 6 nodes of dodge + gear9/10 dps(rey/leia) in GW before deciding if my suggestion is reasonable. If your net power is 37k-39k+ (power of a gear X/XI arena squad), I guarantee you that you cannot auto GW with 6 characters.

The point is we are spending way too much time overall in the game, at multiple times in the day, when there should be more Qol changes to make sure working adults are interrupted as little as possible during their working hours, not forced to log in at multiple times, and not forced to spend long amounts of time just to get credits necessary for progression.

@EA_Jesse
    @CG_JohnSalera
  • shampoo
    442 posts Member
    Options
    The last 6 nodes I have to deal with are all 38k+ power arena teams with all G10/11. Its not hard, it just takes FOREVER to eat through 200k+ health and protection. I used to look forward to GW because you could just play, not have to pay energy etc. now it's just a slog to get through. If they would allow the use of Allies in GW it would at least make it fun, then I could make some fun 6 team comps to go through it.
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    Zekex wrote: »
    The point is we are spending way too much time overall in the game, at multiple times in the day, when there should be more Qol changes to make sure working adults are interrupted as little as possible during their working hours, not forced to log in at multiple times, and not forced to spend long amounts of time just to get credits necessary for progression.

I think you mean you are spending too much time in the game... the rest of us can make that assessment for ourselves. Perhaps rather than suggesting a comprehensive change to the game in order to scrunch it into a 15 minute bite that fits your schedule, you could try a different game already designed for that purpose?
  • Options

There are a whole list of activities that force us to spend a huge chunk of time in game. For example, for the sake of progressing faster, we have to spend time between 5-6pm positioning and fighting for arena positions. In addition, we also have to be active during raid times, or else we end up at phase 4 with little chance of dishing out high damage for better rewards.And if you skip too many raids you get booted from the guild. If you have to be active at 12pm,6pm,9pm, just to collect free energy so your progression is not at a snail's pace.You have to complete as many guild activities before your guild reset time and might have to complete 2-3 full sets of galactic war before the reset.You have to fight multiple squads of arena teams just to get that 500k needed to improve your squad slightly.

Make GW challenges optional. Separate the credits from the GW challenge. The ones who want their challenge can have the challenge, but the ones who need the credits can have it in an easier manner that doesn't take more than 15 mins. To the people who tell me that GW is optional and that I can choose not to do them, I am going to say that GW is the mode which gives us the main source of credits. We can't choose not to do it as it is needed for our progression. Try doing 6 nodes of dodge + gear9/10 dps(rey/leia) in GW before deciding if my suggestion is reasonable. If your net power is 37k-39k+ (power of a gear X/XI arena squad), I guarantee you that you cannot auto GW with 6 characters.

@EA_Jesse
    @CG_JohnSalera

I'm a financial analyst, and have a real life, but it honestly is not as hard as you're making it sound. Most things you do on a daily basis are sitting there pressing SIM. While I'm making/eating breakfast in the morning watching Sportscenter I get most of my daily activities done. Do an arena match or two and 3-4 GW matches.

Then while I'm eating lunch in my office, I tap the bonus energy, SIM a few more things, do 4 or 5 more matches. If I go out for lunch, I'll just finish when I get home.

When I get home, while I'm cooking/eating dinner I finish them up, or maybe while I'm watching a basketball game I'll finish them up. Still have plenty of time to go out and run, go to the gym, whatever I usually do. I'm sure people spend more time than this surfing the net, watching TV, playing console or PC games. You don't play regular video games and say this should be easy, I should be able to finish this game in an hour, or this particular part of the game in 10-15 minutes.

• Options
    The turn meter change has made it easier. That and me getting rey. My team that beats ina bout 40 minutes every day:

Barris (L)
    QGJ
    GS
    Rey
    Daka

You got everything there. Healing, stuns, and damage. Little squishy but can dish out a lot of damage to mitigate it.
  • ItsJarJarBinkz
    2494 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I beat it in about 30min or 15min of I'm lucky. I say thats pretty good. I auto the last three.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    shampoo wrote: »
    The last 6 nodes I have to deal with are all 38k+ power arena teams with all G10/11. Its not hard, it just takes FOREVER to eat through 200k+ health and protection. I used to look forward to GW because you could just play, not have to pay energy etc. now it's just a slog to get through. If they would allow the use of Allies in GW it would at least make it fun, then I could make some fun 6 team comps to go through it.

it's not hard if you are a whale who can field multiple squads to clear GW. What about the rest?

• Zekex
    474 posts Member
    Options

@EA_Jesse
    @CG_JohnSalera

I'm a financial analyst, and have a real life, but it honestly is not as hard as you're making it sound. Most things you do on a daily basis are sitting there pressing SIM. While I'm making/eating breakfast in the morning watching Sportscenter I get most of my daily activities done. Do an arena match or two and 3-4 GW matches.

Then while I'm eating lunch in my office, I tap the bonus energy, SIM a few more things, do 4 or 5 more matches. If I go out for lunch, I'll just finish when I get home.

When I get home, while I'm cooking/eating dinner I finish them up, or maybe while I'm watching a basketball game I'll finish them up. Still have plenty of time to go out and run, go to the gym, whatever I usually do. I'm sure people spend more time than this surfing the net, watching TV, playing console or PC games. You don't play regular video games and say this should be easy, I should be able to finish this game in an hour, or this particular part of the game in 10-15 minutes.

Spacing the activities out does not change the total length of time required to complete the activities, nor does it change the fact that you have to log in at multiple points in the day just for progression.

mobile games should be games that could be played on the go, not force you to commit hours everyday, or commit time at multiple points of the game for progression sake.You shouldn't compare it with console games or PC games. Last I checked, I didn't have to play my pc/console game at 5-6pm everyday. I could choose not to play whenever I wanted to, and not have to worry about losing out to others.
  • Options

Spacing the activities out does not change the total length of time required to complete the activities, nor does it change the fact that you have to log in at multiple points in the day just for progression.

mobile games should be games that could be played on the go, not force you to commit hours everyday, or commit time at multiple points of the game for progression sake.You shouldn't compare it with console games or PC games. Last I checked, I didn't have to play my pc/console game at 5-6pm everyday. I could choose not to play whenever I wanted to, and not have to worry about losing out to others.

Obviously, you've never played an MMO.

But this game is no different than any other game where you play in a community of people. You're going to have casual up to hardcore players with everything in between. If you're more casual, you're more casual, but you can't complain about falling behind people more serious than yourself.

I've maxed out at the 11-20, 21-50 range in the arena depending on the day. Then I had to decide, am I going to do what it takes to be in the top five or #1 as far as spending money, refreshing the arena and doing more battles every day, etc.

I joined a guild with casual players, so I still have as good a chance as anyone to finish top three and I do most of the time. If you're in a competitive guild you need to do what you need to do to stay competitive or find a more casual guild.

How much you 'need' to play is ultimately on you.

• Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

But this game is no different than any other game where you play in a community of people. You're going to have casual up to hardcore players with everything in between. If you're more casual, you're more casual, but you can't complain about falling behind people more serious than yourself.

I've maxed out at the 11-20, 21-50 range in the arena depending on the day. Then I had to decide, am I going to do what it takes to be in the top five or #1 as far as spending money, refreshing the arena and doing more battles every day, etc.

I joined a guild with casual players, so I still have as good a chance as anyone to finish top three and I do most of the time. If you're in a competitive guild you need to do what you need to do to stay competitive or find a more casual guild.

How much you 'need' to play is ultimately on you.

I've played many mmorpgs when I was younger.If I really liked a game I could commit 6+ hours,sometimes 8 hours everyday just for that game.So don't go assuming without evidence that I have never played an mmo.

People have different expectations on different game genres and different gaming platforms. You could do a poll on random people on the street and not many will expect to commit the same amount of time on a console/pc game for a mobile game.So why are you comparing different gaming platforms and genres?

If arena can be scheduled at 6pm where most people have gotten off work, why can't the devs think of quality of life changes that could improve other aspects of the game? And why are there people like you, who find the current system ok, but are so resistant to changes that would further improve the state of the game? Why do you expect people to feel the same way as you? Is what we're asking for going to horrifically change your enjoyment of the game? If not why are you arguing for nothing? This is a forum where we can ask for changes, and GW is certainly in dire need for a Qol change.
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    Options
    It used to be a valuable part of the game well worth the time invested, as you get into the high 70's it is a major PIA that isn't worth doing. Probably designed that way.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    +1.
    GW too long
    Challenges are .... why, just why?
    Raids? It's like daily challenge you have to do 5 x a day with a longer loading screen and no way to semi-efficiently auto it. So it's "why, just why" x 2.

Once you have farmed all decent toons from GW, I imagine it feels terrible to do GW. You will know you're getting close when you start farming Biggs, and you don't know why!?

Cmon, EA. Lemme scratch my daily SIM/gear tickets, play the Cantina slot machine, purchase my shipments, and then do Arena.

While I wait for space ships.

I think of Team iNstict's first post about Raids. Something to the effect of "thanks EA for such great and exciting new content, blah blah blah." I wonder if the person who wrote that feels like a dipstick, by now.
  • Options
    I see nothing wrong with it. Can auto it easily. Just have to choose the right comp.
  • Onetime7979
    1012 posts Member
    Options
    Yes it is a joke facing Level 78 in Node 3
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    You don't need long log in times to have an MMO.
    The most important time factor in this game is months/years of just logging in and occasionally making decisions. That's all that is needed.
  • Silleck
    423 posts Member
    Options
    I don't mind a difficult GW, but for me fighting lvl 80s g10/11 arena teams from node 6 and onward, is just boring and repetitive, do I have trouble clearing it? No really...but it's not the point...I'm tired of fighting six straight fights of RG, Han, Leia and Reys...its just not fun.
    Leader and co-founder of BHG
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with it. Can auto it easily. Just have to choose the right comp.
    Nice. thanks!

I was planning to auto it all but for my one Ackbar team on stage 1, today, for the first time. Then I sees my guild upped a tier. And 9 out of 10 people did like 5k damage, so as one of the top contributors, I sighed and paid attention to at least the first two battles. In 3 weeks we will scratch our first mk5 caller lottery ticket.
  • Silleck
    423 posts Member
    Options

You're obviously not lvl 80 with a high arena ranking. I'm consistently rank 1 with a 37k arena power and it's impossible to auto. You can't auto 6 straight g10/11 arena teams. Nice try.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

you're either playing low level gw or are a huge whale who can throw 6 teams at GW.At 37-39k+ power in arena, the teams you face are of similar power. You simply can't auto them.

Please put yourselves in other people's shoes.Sooner or later, you will get to where I am too.(unless you'e a whale)
  • Silleck
    423 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

you're either playing low level gw or are a huge whale who can throw 6 teams at GW.At 37-39k+ power in arena, the teams you face are of similar power. You simply can't auto them.

Please put yourselves in other people's shoes.Sooner or later, you will get to where I am too.(unless you'e a whale)

Doesn't matter if he's a whale, members in my guild have 70+ 7* toons max gear, and they csnt auto it.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    In long term, none of the time-sink things are needed. It is the daily dole of energy and resources and shipments that are the long term hook. Not the means of getting them.