PVP Server Discussion: #1 EricGu (now, Crosis Purger)

Prev134
DarthRomeo
20 posts Member
edited February 2016
I'd like to start a thread on a specific server (or technically called a shard, which I understand is a group of people who started playing SWGOH at roughly the same time), but there is really no way to identify the server.

However, there is a guy (EricGu) who has had a lock on the #1 position for the past 2-3 weeks as far as I can tell. Since there is no way to identify the server, I thought using him as the identifier was justified because (as far as I can tell), he is the uncontested #1 on this server.

The team comp that he runs is:
Qui-Gon, Leia, FOTP, Old Ben, Poe

I seem to recall that his Qui-Gon and Old Ben were 7*, I'm pretty sure his others are 7* or at least close to it. The AI is flawed, but it does the exact perfect thing for this team. Poe taunts, Leia stealths, Qui-Gon assists (and if he gets FOTP/Leia to assist, ends up blowing someone up), FOTP one-shots something, Old Ben debuffs everyone. From there, the other team struggles to heal themselves or kill/debuff Poe's taunt, meanwhile FOTP and Leia are one-shotting everyone. This is a very tough matchup.

Are you guys on this server? If so, say hi and let me know if you have had luck against this comp. I run up against the same folks over and over, and wondered if there were people on the ladder that frequent the forums: KTroy24, OOC, Heywood Jablomy, Jovacov, Megatron, Lawyer Bi, Vilgefortz, Roukoun, Garja Marse, XCIN1, Jonathan, Samsoon, befxox, Dakkion Decoy, Mithious, Sergsbb, 1in50, Sevenhearts, Dajackal, Codyf, Jawser, Epais, Emmerslade.

If you aren't on the server, help us come up with team comps that will dethrone EricGu.
Post edited by DarthRomeo on

Replies

• Cythis
    273 posts Member
    Options
    Three different builds can beat this, one revolves around Dooku, another is phasma, with the last being the same build. It may still take a few try's for RNG to be in your favor.

I'm not on your server but I run the mentioned build at over 2200 power and still get beat on both offense and defense.
  • Options
    Today i faced the exact dude on my server and was totally crushed. First time for the last week i couldnt take the first place( but well a few hours lated he was defeated by one of our top tiers. The key to beat OP with poe is to use duuku or daka to stun obi one or very hi dmg AOE
  • Options
    I think the important thing is to stun Poe so that you you can get access to the glass cannons and hopefully blow up one of them. But you don't have a lot of margin for error because Qui-Gon and FOTP and Leia are bringing the pain.
  • Options
    Wow, how much does he/she spend??
  • Options
    > Wow, how much does he/she spend??

No idea. EricGu, if you are out there, please let us know. :)

I would guess somewhere in the $2000 range at least.
  • Options
    This is a tough team to beat, but I believe I have the build that can consistently beat him

You need HK 88, 86 Poe and Dooku

First Dooku stuns his Ben which should work consistently. Then see whose Poe taunts first. If yours do, you will win with ease. If his does, then pray he doesn't target your 88, or 86 or it's over for you. In my experience, if you have Dooku, usually your Poe will be more likely to go first.

I've seen a tougher team in my server. He has Sid instead of Ben. With Sid as leader, this build hits even harder.
  • Options
    Just as I mentioned the hold on #1 being impenetrable, it appears that someone knocked him off, I think it was Vilgefortz, but I also saw LawyerBi and OOC in the #1 spot as well (but I think Vilgefortz was the first I saw in the #1 spot, which suggests it was Vilgefortz but could have been someone else).

From my notes, Vilgefortz runs:
    Sidious, Luminara, Jedi Consular, Old Daka, Kylo Ren

I guess the thinking is that the AOE damage combined with stun was able to overcome the pure DPS but no healing from EricGu's team? Vilgefortz also runs a version of the comp with Barriss instead of Old Daka also, so I'm not sure which he used.

This gives me hope.
  • Options
    Have hope!! As time passes and more catch up to him. His days of dominance will be fleeting moments where he, like everyone else, will need good sniping skills. These types of teams only dominate in the beginning of the game or when a level cap opens, since these players will then level up in a few hours instead of days and dominate until everyone catches up.....
  • Options
    I've just seen this now, yes I am from the same server. I wander if there are more of us here on the forums. Hmmm

Ps I'll reply to your mail soon @DarthRomeo sorry been busy with work
    Can't beat POE and aren't willing to change strats to defeat him? Cry nerf lol
  • Options
    Hi all ! Same server too . Hey ktroy24 .Quick fight man... Are we at the same time zone ?
  • Options
    You should use Phasma(L), Kylo, Dooku, Daka, Luminara.
    With this, you can stun and heal.
  • Options
    Hi there! I'm on this qui-gon'ed & poe'd shard too :)
    Seems from some quite time now our objective is Crosis Purger.
    May the rng be with you!
  • Crosis
    29 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi guys. EricGu was a tough guy to beat for awhile. But it seems he's lost interest in the game after the level cap was increased. Last I saw, he was rank 60 and level 64.

Indeed may the rng be with you! You top ten guys make me work for that number one spot everyday! ^_^

Much server love!
    Crosis.
    Post edited by Crosis on
  • Options
    Ηi guys! Strong builds everyone! Nice battles! Lezrith rng is strong in you my friend! Every time i battle you your poe attacks first. Crosis you have one of the best teams and for a long long time i couldn't even think to beat you. I get you sometimes though with the power of rng. What's your time zones guys? If we are on different ones i wouldn't like to battle you at your 6 o clock and make the reward more difficult for you. I'm at Utc+2 (Greece) and i mostly play arena at17.00 till 18.00 local time .
    May the rng be with you guys!
  • Options
    I am on the same time zone, Roukoun - I also feel the pain when you go first ;) -, and indeed, very strong teams! Every little bit of luck matters.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    would you say fotp or rey is a bigger threat if the rest of his team stayed the same? in theory that is
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    I'd say fotp is the bigger threat just because if Rey gets debuffed she takes a hit to her move set.

@Roukoun I really got lucky with my Leia and Qui-Gon Jinn rolls in chromium packs, they really do up the power at 7 stars for my team. :)

I'm GMT (London) for my 6pm slot.

rng be with you guys and gal's ^_^
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Crosis wrote: »
    I'd say fotp is the bigger threat just because if Rey gets debuffed she takes a hit to her move set.

@Roukoun I really got lucky with my Leia and Qui-Gon Jinn rolls in chromium packs, they really do up the power at 7 stars for my team. :)

I'm GMT (London) for my 6pm slot.

rng be with you guys and gal's ^_^

i see. even if rey is a turn 7 character and gets to move before poe or move first after poe's taunt (before you can move and debuff her)? fotp is a turn 9 character, so he doesn't get to act before your team's turn 7's even with the 25% TM reduction
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    Very true! I'll have to give her another chance and do some more test runs in a few set ups.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    well, if that's the case:
    reizse wrote: »
    hi guys! it's the weekend, which means i get to focus on arena instead of driving home during rush hour.
    found a pretty tough team today..which is what i was aiming for since i hadn't been able to record any fights with old ben + poe and crew. i think the only tougher team than this is if leia had been replaced with geo, but until i find that team, i can't test it out...here's hoping for the future. anyway, the results of today's fight:

VqJhPVN.jpgZW8PJIT.jpg2tLa1eS.jpgXR4R9Jd.jpghIJPvYM.jpgKBdfybk.jpglTrxEi8.jpgk1daKMH.jpg26B3gcI.jpg

mighty chlorians
  • Options
    I'm surprised that going for OldBen first worked, but if it works for you, awesome.

Looks like we have a few folks from our server here:
    Ktroy24 and Crosis Purger
  • Options
    Hi, this is the user Jonathan on your server. I usually go by Radwin when i play online games but i installed this for one of my kids, but i got hooked, so therefore i am Jonathan now :-) Anyway, interesting update. I do not Know which team om going for now. QGJ, Leia, Ben, Lumi and Poe seems pretty good still so i might keep that.
  • Options
    Ceth Senpai checking in! I saw EricGu around 105 rank today. Luckily, I didn't have to face him to land back in the top 100.
  • Options
    DarthRomeo wrote: »
    > Wow, how much does he/she spend??

No idea. EricGu, if you are out there, please let us know. :)

I would guess somewhere in the $2000 range at least.

At least 2000, my old Ben is 5* and everyone else is 7. I am 1200 in at least. Dude spent some cash.
    You can all go to hell, me... I'll go to Texas
  • Options
    With the speed update, QGJ teams are dominating with nearly no chance for Sidious lead (F2P) teams to compete. I hope it is a change that gets reverted back.
  • Options
    EA Jessie said it was a programming error, and will be fixed today. I hope we get updated at a better time this round.
  • Options
    Hopefully the speed bug will be fixed soon. It feels wrong having Ben go before Poe.

Thanks for the Thread name change! Hahaha! :D
  • Options
    Only way to beat Ben is with dooku and pray for stun. I get lucky some times. @Crosis i have no free slot for other allies sorry.
  • Crosis
    29 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Roukoun wrote: »
    Only way to beat Ben is with dooku and pray for stun. I get lucky some times. @Crosis i have no free slot for other allies sorry.

...but...friendship... :(
  • Options
    Update in 2 hours boys. Be ready to expect "Loading Cantina" at snipe time. :smile: