Factions/synergy still mean squat!

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Maskarii wrote: »
    First there was AllDooku now it's AllBen at my Server...i also think Synergie is much more important as it happens now, agree a lot of your points!
    Maybe in the future...

Phasma has, so far, been the most consistent and reliable leader. Everyone eventually returns to her. I started with her in December, put her away for awhile, and am just pulling her out of retirement. It helps that I was able to drop a furnace on her, and I have two other high level First Order toons. I'm hoping for an easier way to farm fost, and my squad will be complete. A squad I intend to use in arena.
  • Options
    Maskarii wrote: »
    First there was AllDooku now it's AllBen at my Server...i also think Synergie is much more important as it happens now, agree a lot of your points!
    Maybe in the future...

All of these problems will be solved eventually . . . In 12+ months after all of these heroes are farmable.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    How bout adding a system that gives a bonus based on squad types and an attribute that is associated with them? For example

Scoundrels = speed/crit
    Empire= dmg/potency
    Ewoks= speed/tm manipulation
    Clones= tenacity/tm manipulation
    Resistance/rebels= tenacity/potency?
    Nightsister=hpsteal/dispel
    Tusken=assists like phasma lead

Make these bonuses apply when idk 2 like types in a group and effects increase as more like types in group...for instance...

nightsisters...when 2 types in party they get 5% healthsteal 3types = 10% 4= 15% 5=20% healthsteal and 50% for basics to dispel positive effects.

Lastly may be interesting to get a party with 2 types and another 2 types...make a few standalones to bridge multiple groups.
  • Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    How bout adding a system that gives a bonus based on squad types and an attribute that is associated with them? For example

Scoundrels = speed/crit
    Empire= dmg/potency
    Ewoks= speed/tm manipulation
    Clones= tenacity/tm manipulation
    Resistance/rebels= tenacity/potency?
    Nightsister=hpsteal/dispel
    Tusken=assists like phasma lead

Make these bonuses apply when idk 2 like types in a group and effects increase as more like types in group...for instance...

nightsisters...when 2 types in party they get 5% healthsteal 3types = 10% 4= 15% 5=20% healthsteal and 50% for basics to dispel positive effects.

Lastly may be interesting to get a party with 2 types and another 2 types...make a few standalones to bridge multiple groups.

Check the link in the OP. I suggested that and the devs don't like the idea.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    I know you have been championing this. I am with you. But making a change this big requires resilience and we gotta keep pushing the issue...
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Baldo wrote: »
    You know how i feel about it Bro I've yet to see it more synergy based. Also things like Dooku leads needs to be only sith and Bens only Jedi, even phasma only FO.....

Tired of it and yet to see CG see the problem. :(

I hate that leader ability so much. I refuse to use it I don't want people to play against it. Not fun at all and there is no real strategy to it. I've never put Ben or Dooku in for lead and i've had them maxed for months.

Yeah same so tired of the current meta it makes me sick just to see it. My entire leaderboard is full of it and i know some use it not by choice but because they have to.

I dont understand why you arent shaping your meta. Dont you have like every toon 7*/80?
    At the very least, you should be abusing the meta to show how broken it is. Here is the team:

Old Ben (L), Yoda, Rey, RP, STH
  • Options
    TL:DR my Nightsisters suck and I'm butt hurt.

Oh I wish my Nightsisters were viable. I too, am butt hurt.
    | ☮ Scoundrel ☮ | 635-571-985 "Never tell me the odds." BHG Wakanda Forever
  • Options
    TheScribs wrote: »
    TL:DR my Nightsisters suck and I'm butt hurt.

Oh I wish my Nightsisters were viable. I too, am butt hurt.

I'm butt hurt about it because I've had to shelve my nightsister plans, and haven't come anywhere close to finishing acolyte or Daka.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Wrong post sorry.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    Yes like the current droid synergy. I'm waiting for the new nightsister character hoping to be on par with this:

http://youtu.be/4VZbQs4_Mks

Ps I'm not showing this asking for the word I hate. I'm in for making more synergies like this. Rebels are pretty good also atm but nightsisters need some love too..
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Dooku and Old Ben could be changed to just DS and LS characters get their bonuses, respectively. They both kinda worked with all sorts from their respective "sides."

As far as faction synergy goes, I don't think it would be awfully difficult to check keywords and give bonus damage if all five matched. The more generic the synergy (ie, Droids) the less the bonus, maybe 5-10%. The more specific (ie, Nightsisters) the greater the bonus, maybe 10-15%.

But really, given the state of factions (some only have at most 3 characters) maybe check keywords and if 3/5 match boost damage by 5%. If 4/5 match then 10% damage boost and if 5/5 match then 15% damage boost.

love this idea, posted something very similar to this in character feedback section
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    Options
    Synergy only works if you include rg and rey on your team. Then you can do whatever you want with the other 3 characters. That's the way they like to keep the game. It must be easier to keep the game running when everyone is using the same characters