Do you still use a healing character in arena?

2Next

Replies

• Akster
    571 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    No
    I think a lot of people posting in the poll can not read so the results are a little inaccurate. He said in your ARENA team not in general, of course everyone runs healers in GW and DS/LS =P

Also most people that use a 'healer' in arena use daka, but not for her heal at all, for her annoying constant stuns and the aggrivating need to kill her before you kill anyoen else or they will ressurect, 100% of the time, dont care what the percentages say the ressurect chance is, it is practically 100% =P
  • opu120
    211 posts Member
    Options
    According to swgoh.gg (with a sample size of 3889 different top-100 arena teams), 87 out of 1264 top ten arena teams or 7% have Lumi on their squad. So she's well-represented (she's the 12th-most used toon), but not quite a majority as @Jedi_Yoda noted. It's also interesting that Lumi is used by 16% of top-100 teams, but only 6% of #1 teams and 7% of top-ten teams. So the more elite a team is, the less likely they are to use Lumi.

Source: https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/10/
  • int3ns1fy
    210 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    I wouldn't consider Daka to be a healer so much, as her heal is weak and on defense the AI will only use it after someone dies. She's really a stunner and rezzer.

Lumi is the only toon I'd actually take into arena for healing (I think Barriss is bad), and she's absolutely still viable. Does nice damage - I love how hard her basic hits - and has a very powerful heal. I just switched back to her from Daka as I had been trying out a stun squad with Phasma leading, but it didn't seem to do so well on defense. I've now switched to ST Han leading, paired with RG, GS, QGJ, and Lumi. With two tanks Lumi's heal becomes much more relevant, as unless you have multiple dispels (which almost nobody does in arena) you're going to have to focus the tanks so she can really help keep them alive.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    No
    I said no but I forgot that Ackbar heals and he's my current lead in arena
  • Options
    No
    QGJ, Rey, RG, ST Han, GS
    Sometimes I'll sub in Yoda.

So no, I haven't used a healer for a long time.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    No
    Is poll is such a mess. By changing the question you have misconstrued many people's answers. You should ask to have this thread closed.
  • Options
    Use Lumi, but for her damage mostly. Her heal is just an added bonus. And because she's easy to get. If I had someone else to match her damage and with better utility than her ability block, then I'd prob switch her out.
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    No
    I haven't used a true healer in forever, but slight caveat as I now use JE

I don't consider JE a healing toon. His heal is not very good imo. I use him for his turn meter and crit up for my droid team and only once was he alive to use his 'heal' for resurrect. The AI focuses on him (and he's only 4* so very little health). He is the first toon to die after RG dies.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    No
    I don't anymore, but if I did it would be Daka, but not for her heals. Her revives can win a battle for you.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    No
    I use daka, but for the stun and auto rez. I never actually click the heal button
  • Lcb12321
    188 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Is poll is such a mess. By changing the question you have misconstrued many people's answers. You should ask to have this thread closed.

I changed it fairly early on so its pretty much accurate...
  • Options
    Yes
    Zephon wrote: »
    I swapped out Lumi for Royal Guard.

I use both, and the rest of my team are all attackers. Works fine for me. :wink:
  • Options
    Yes
    Zephon wrote: »
    I swapped out Lumi for Royal Guard.

I use both, and the rest of my team are all attackers. Works fine for me. :wink:

I use Lumi + RG too, it's nice when she saves someone under 50% HP while that character's being protected by RG.
  • Options
    No
    Full FO Team
    No healer need apply..