High Speed and High Damage?

Prev1
Why is it that the highest speed toons are also some of the highest damage toons?

Yes, there are some toons that have high speed, but are not considered high-damage output. Like Sid, Dooku, Nute, NA, Urrrr, etc. But to keep the game balanced, I would think some of the toons I list below should not have such high speed AND high damage.

Leia (164)
Rey (164)
Yoda (157)
GS (154)
QGJ (145)

I am a P2P player, so I do own all of the above toons and are maxed out. They are great, I love playing and winning all the time. But I also do not like how un-balanced they are.

Even after the protection update, it did little to mitigate the overwhelming one-hit kill offensive teams out there. With the right team, Rey can one hit kill a lot of toons, if not bring them down to less then 10% health. Leia can triple-hit, and then go into stealth. GS can self offensive-up, and call an assist. The list goes on.

Just to be clear, I do not feel a buff or nerf is needed, just a better balancing update. Maybe the higher the speed of a toon, the less the protection? The higher the damage-output, the lower the health? Just throwing out some ideas, but would be interested to hear from everyone what they think.

I suspect most F2P players hate Rey, Dooku and Leia. And most P2P players love them, but also feel that there is still not enough displacement in synergies and abilities.

What do you think??

Replies

• Options
    Dooku isn't a problem but Rey and Leia with RG sure is.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    Ya, broken but they wont fix, wai...
  • Options
    Yoda isn't "high damage". Nor was he before his massive damage nerf.
  • Options
    With the new update, Rey misses quite a bit so she's balanced now.
    Yoda and QGJ are jedi's, so odds are against them (with many toons having bonuses on jedis).
  • Options
    Dooku and Yoda are not really high-damage, I agree. But with their speed, they still pack a big punch compared to others at that speed.

But when you put Rey, Leia, GS behind RG or Han, it's crazy.

IMO, QGj is one of the few well-balanced toons. He does not hit too hard, has a good specials kit, decent health, speed, and protection. There is a reason he is in so many arena lineups.

I would rather Rey have a lower speed, and not have so many misses. I would think most teams could deal with such a high-damage toon, but when she has such high speed, and can gain foresight her first attack, that just makes it crazy.

Leia is tough too, but at least there are some ways around stealth. There are NO ways around foresight, except for dispels like Ventress or Teebo.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    I think your "not asking for a buff or nerf" sounds an awful lot like asking for buffs and nerfs....
  • Options
    If they didn't do a bunch of damage they would be useless.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Galdin_Wan
    589 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yoda? Yoda couldn't one, two or three shot anyone. How is he on this list.

As for Rey. I've never seen my Rey one shot anyone in the same level gear. Maybe a couple of levels lower, but that should be the case. Now when she gets a buff she's nothing nice.

However, all of that is irrelevant. There is nothing wrong with her speed, or her damage. If anything is a problem with her, and Leia for that matter, it is their defense. Leia has stealth and Rey has foresight. If you don't get them right away they can smack you around and then protect themselves.

Leia can buff and defend herself as well as act in a support role buffing the entire party.
  • Options
    Just seems like the more people ask for nerfs, buffs, "balance update" (don't see the difference), the more stuff gets broken. Just leave it alone for a bit. I can't keep up with the adjustments they make, let alone the laundry list people come up with.
  • Options
    scca325is wrote: »
    Leia is tough too, but at least there are some ways around stealth. There are NO ways around foresight, except for dispels like Ventress or Teebo.
    I'm pretty sure Rey with Foresight up would "dodge" a dispel from Ventress then gain tm (Ben) or Offense Up (Dooku).
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure Rey with Foresight up would "dodge" a dispel from Ventress then gain tm (Ben) or Offense Up (Dooku).

Foresight on Rey when Leia is cannoning off 9 shots in a row isn't a big deal... lol
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Why is it that the highest speed toons are also some of the highest damage toons?

Yes, there are some toons that have high speed, but are not considered high-damage output. Like Sid, Dooku, Nute, NA, Urrrr, etc. But to keep the game balanced, I would think some of the toons I list below should not have such high speed AND high damage.

Leia (164)
    Rey (164)
    Yoda (157)
    GS (154)
    QGJ (145)

I am a P2P player, so I do own all of the above toons and are maxed out. They are great, I love playing and winning all the time. But I also do not like how un-balanced they are.

Even after the protection update, it did little to mitigate the overwhelming one-hit kill offensive teams out there. With the right team, Rey can one hit kill a lot of toons, if not bring them down to less then 10% health. Leia can triple-hit, and then go into stealth. GS can self offensive-up, and call an assist. The list goes on.

Just to be clear, I do not feel a buff or nerf is needed, just a better balancing update. Maybe the higher the speed of a toon, the less the protection? The higher the damage-output, the lower the health? Just throwing out some ideas, but would be interested to hear from everyone what they think.

I suspect most F2P players hate Rey, Dooku and Leia. And most P2P players love them, but also feel that there is still not enough displacement in synergies and abilities.

What do you think??

I bet you don't have those toons. I have rey,gs and leia maxed at gear 10, leia is at gear 10 and has all but one scanner done.

For a fair comparison, you should only be comparing rey and leia with toons of the same level, stars and gear. That means level 80, gear X, 7 stars. The moment you said that these characters were one-hit killers, I knew you were either

1)lying
    2)didn't have the characters you claimed

rey and leia do not one-hit kill without buffs, and buffing would require at least a turn before they can one-hit kill. But that goes for many other characters as well.The protection update was designed to prevent one hit-kills and wiping of the player's team(2/5 of the team) before they even got a turn. It is not meant to prevent one-hit kill at all phases of the battle, or prevent buffed one-hit kills after the first round of attacks.leia sacrifices her first turn for stealth, and that reduces her damage per turn because she does nothing for the first turn. I myself got leia under the assumption that she was shooting 3 7k crits consistently. Alas the reality was different from my expectations. leia wasn't shooting three times consistently, wasn't critting all the time, and shot for as little as 2k per turn to as high as 21k per turn.In-game data will support this.Gs only does 2k+ on basic unbuffed, and requires a turn to get offense up,and even that is not guaranteed.

Again I am pretty sure that you are either lying, or don't have the characters when you say that the higher the speed of a toon, the less the protection. That is exactly what is happening for leia and rey! they have lesser protection and hp than other single target dps toons, so I have no idea what you're trying to smoke here.

Should you be trying to balance dps toons based on other dps toons? No. You should be balancing dps toons based on how fast they can kill tanks and counter attackers, because that's what they're meant to do. dps vs dps is always meant to be short, bloody affair, since you're pitting a character with high damage against a character with low hp. Skewed experiments are not a fair reflection of how good or bad a character is.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    Options
    gobears21 wrote: »

Foresight on Rey when Leia is cannoning off 9 shots in a row isn't a big deal... lol

Even when leia's basic is omega-ed, she does not fire more than 3 hits. Sometimes she one-hits or two hits.
    What you are doing is claiming that the particular situation is an accurate representation of the character's average damage output, which is obviously not true.

Are there counters to leia?Yes. Echo counters leia perfectly, even if she tries to hide behind Rg and multiple high hp counter attackers/tanks.

Know of any characters that were countered by a chromium exclusive? Sun fac counters rg by having a dispel on basic.See the trend? Every hard counter is locked behind a paywall. I'm not saying that these toons should be farmable(without spending crystals) by f2p, as they haven't been released for long, and people don't pay hundreds just to have a short advantage in time.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    It's tough to battle the Leia/ Rey teams unless you run the same thing... The speed and damage is hard to absorb unless you are putting out the same numbers vs. your opponent.

There are counters to everything of course and I am fortunate enough to have a deep enough roster to be able adjust to any setup and win... But a lot of players don't have Leia, Aayla, or Rex or whoever else.

I would agree that it's a bit over the top but in the same vein you need these high speed high dps characters to bring down the 40-50k hp tanks. Honestly it's hard to make a fair assessment until they are all max stars/gear/lvl etc... But just when that starts to happen they will increase max lvl to 90
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Smapty wrote: »
    It's tough to battle the Leia/ Rey teams unless you run the same thing... The speed and damage is hard to absorb unless you are putting out the same numbers vs. your opponent.

There are counters to everything of course and I am fortunate enough to have a deep enough roster to be able adjust to any setup and win... But a lot of players don't have Leia, Aayla, or Rex or whoever else.

I would agree that it's a bit over the top but in the same vein you need these high speed high dps characters to bring down the 40-50k hp tanks. Honestly it's hard to make a fair assessment until they are all max stars/gear/lvl etc... But just when that starts to happen they will increase max lvl to 90

Yes I agree we have to wait for max level and gear before reaching a conclusion. Because of the gear an credit crunch we aren't seeing much variance as people haven't fully geared/levelled/omega-ed their main roster.Perhaps other attackers could be brought up to rey's level, but of course we have to lower the damage/hp if the character is doing as much as rey, or has some other effect like expose that factors into the dps.
  • Options
    Just stop. No more nerfs and no more buffs. No individual character needs to be changed, unless there's a glaring bug.

They're all easy to beat.

They aren't overpowered.

You can't expect to use the standard arena team to defeat them - you must think outside the box.

Do you know who Leia and Rey can't one shot? RG, Kylo, Phasma, Savage, Fives, Chewie, Barriss and many many more. Don't bring your canner with the expectation they're going to be anything but cannon fodder.
  • Options
    Instead of nerfing toons that work. How about buffing toons who aren't competitive....

never see Chewy, Luke or Anakin in the top 50 in the arena. Balance is key
  • Options
    I think your "not asking for a buff or nerf" sounds an awful lot like asking for buffs and nerfs....

This
  • Options
    No one can one shot any character at gear X or XI. Even with buffs.
  • Options
    No buffs or nerfs are needed here. Just an overall balance adjustment. Leia is not too bad, she hits hard and goes into stealth, but not OP.

With the right setup, I have seen Rey use here special and hit for over 15k. That is just crazy. Again, I don't think that Rey needs to be nerfed, just balanced along with all the toons or gameplay.

I also agree with @Charlesbusa, bringing other toons back up to par would help balance.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Yoda - not high damage
    Rey/ leia - low health
    Qgj- not high damage on his own. His assist gives bonus damage.
    GS- one bug to rule them all
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Options
    Yoda is far from a one hit killer. He is probably one of, if not, the most versitile toon though. Rey and Leia are very squishy and if they are not paired together you can priortize quickly who to take down. QGJ is not a one hitter either, he just gives great bonus to Jedi and Assists. GS does hit hard but as a stand alone he can go down quickly as well. None of them are total game breakers they just arent.
  • Galdin_Wan
    589 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    No buffs or nerfs are needed here. Just an overall balance adjustment. Leia is not too bad, she hits hard and goes into stealth, but not OP.

With the right setup, I have seen Rey use here special and hit for over 15k. That is just crazy. Again, I don't think that Rey needs to be nerfed, just balanced along with all the toons or gameplay.

I also agree with @Charlesbusa, bringing other toons back up to par would help balance.

I've fought a RG with 52K in health and protection, but someone hitting for less than a third of that is strange? You have a tank that auto taunts without a no cool down with a massive health pool, and people keep acting like DPS characters hit too hard. Other characters need to hit harder.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    When I face Rey, i switch my QGJ to leader and hope that he will call a stunner to assist. If he calls my GS instead, Rey will take a large hit (though still survive). She's not THAT intimidating tbh.
  • Options
    I don't find them a big problem. I do not run a taunt, have not for a couple weeks. There is a simple system to beat the Leia,Rey,RG combo, that can actually be executed 2 ways, depending on what you run. I run all Max geared and Omega characters so this may be why I have no problem. The Science of the battle my friends.
  • Options
    Everything I am hearing here still sounds like a balance is needed. No matter where you are coming from, things are unbalanced.

@Galdin_Wan, if Rey's damage is fine, and other toons need to hit harder, then that means a balance change.

Since the protection update, there are no more one hit toons, but there are still some that can do massive damage. I agree that there is always a setup that can counter any other team, but the pool of those toons is small in comparison with the total number of toons available. Again, balancing.

I truly do not believe any nerfing or buffing is needed to one particular toon, just an overall adjustment to the "Science". If there are toons like RG with 20k health, and 10k protection, then obviously high damage toons are needed. But same goes for the opposite...

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @scca325is Rey has like the lowest defense in the game and 22k health including fortitude. Leia is pretty much the same. Yoda doesn't hit hard lol. GS has been nerfed, i cannot say his gear 10 is what i've expected from an attacker of his caliber. QGJ is again, not a hard hitter at all, i have him at gear 10 now and i think he does way less than what he was doing at gear 8 pre-nerf. I have no clue how you managed to reach to these conclusions as a p2p that has all of them maxed. If i didn't know any better i'd say you are a f2p nub.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Please show me all of the characters which you have maxed in order for me to believe you.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options

LOL indeed, exaggerate much?
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    'I suspect most F2P players hate Rey, Dooku and Leia. And most P2P players love them, but also feel that there is still not enough displacement in synergies and abilities.'

Why would f2p hate Rey? Dooku...he is easy to hate. I am f2p and don't hate Leia.