High Speed and High Damage?

2Next

Replies

• ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    The only reason to hate Dooku is because he's overused and boring.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @scca325is It's pretty clear to me that you are a troll who is asking for nerfs. I didn't bother to look at your last paragraph that says Rey one shots almost everybody. Then why does she only take fortitude off my QGJ at gear 10 with her leverage? And she kinda needs a crit for that...If you would gear up your characters from the gear 8 where they probably stand and be a real p2p, you would know this.
  • scca325is
    36 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Here is my lineup:

http://imgur.com/8LQmnP6
    http://imgur.com/6tkuRu8
    http://imgur.com/6tkuRu8

I am sure there are mixed reviews on what toons are liked vs disliked. Personally, Dooku is the top of my hate list. Rey and Leia are awesome, I love them, but wish there were more toons that have as much viability in the Arena. Does no one else feel that a balancing is needed? Does everyone think things are good as is?

I would love to be able to compete in the Arena with other toons like Ahsoka, Anakin, Mace, Clones, etc but with the current game-metrics is just not feasible.

Im open to conjecture, which why I am curious if anyone else has the same idea?
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    There isn't a p2p in the world that has a problem beating Dooku teams or getting number 1 in Arena. So yea...

But even if you lied, i will tell you this. A lot of people under-estimated FOTP, then after some took him to gear 11, they realized that he is actually good. I hear the same thing now about RP. RT is also a very good attacker and if he manages to expose, he can do more damage than Rey. Scout has more speed than Rey and can totally stun her before she acts. There are good attackers in this game, just not ones that you have probably. I am pretty sad about GS still, he is ok but eh...

EDIT: if that really is your roster then i can only say one thing...gear up your characters because they are almost all at gear 8 and of course they suck and of course most get one-shotted. IT would be wrong not for them to get one-shotted.
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    @scca325is It's pretty clear to me that you are a troll who is asking for nerfs. I didn't bother to look at your last paragraph that says Rey one shots almost everybody. Then why does she only take fortitude off my QGJ at gear 10 with her leverage? And she kinda needs a crit for that...If you would gear up your characters from the gear 8 where they probably stand and be a real p2p, you would know this.

It seems a lot people are not actually reading my posts. Never did I say Yoda one hit kills, or that Rey does it everytime. Seems everyone is jumping to conclusions that I am trying to ask for nerfs, despite me clearly posting that I am not, several times.

I like the toons the way they are, I do not see a need to adjust. Simply calling for better balancing, which can be done without nerf or buffs. This is evident by the protection update.
  • Options
    I suppose calling me a liar, and also telling me there is not way to prove otherwise, is not really a defense. Even if I was a f2p player, it does not change anything. F2P and P2P players all battle each other in there own right.

I remember when people were crying that sid as OP, then FOTP, then it was Dooku, and now Rey (or whomever else everyone dislikes). There will always toons that are OP (whether agreed by everyone or not). But isn't that the point? If enough people (f2p or p2p) have claims, then clearly balancing could be a real scenario.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @scca325is Ok read up the last post especially the EDIT part. That's your solution there. I am sorry if i offended you, but you really sounded like one of the random f2p that have no experience. You are a p2p with no experience. :(
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    Technically, QGJ is not high damage, but he calls toons like Rey, Leia, and GS.
  • Options
    What would everyone consider "high-damage"? Is there a range everyone considers?
  • Frommer
    145 posts Member
    Options
    scca325is wrote: »
    Why is it that the highest speed toons are also some of the highest damage toons?

Yes, there are some toons that have high speed, but are not considered high-damage output. Like Sid, Dooku, Nute, NA, Urrrr, etc. But to keep the game balanced, I would think some of the toons I list below should not have such high speed AND high damage.

Leia (164)
    Rey (164)
    Yoda (157)
    GS (154)
    QGJ (145)

I am a P2P player, so I do own all of the above toons and are maxed out. They are great, I love playing and winning all the time. But I also do not like how un-balanced they are.

Even after the protection update, it did little to mitigate the overwhelming one-hit kill offensive teams out there. With the right team, Rey can one hit kill a lot of toons, if not bring them down to less then 10% health. Leia can triple-hit, and then go into stealth. GS can self offensive-up, and call an assist. The list goes on.

Just to be clear, I do not feel a buff or nerf is needed, just a better balancing update. Maybe the higher the speed of a toon, the less the protection? The higher the damage-output, the lower the health? Just throwing out some ideas, but would be interested to hear from everyone what they think.

I suspect most F2P players hate Rey, Dooku and Leia. And most P2P players love them, but also feel that there is still not enough displacement in synergies and abilities.

What do you think??

You are either asking for a buff or nerf and I'm against both. You make an investment (time or money) into a character for their effects against everyone else. Not against everyone once they've been buffed to counter your character.

Some characters are better than others. I think thats fine. I think it would be boring if everyone's stats averaged out to a fifty (random magic number) so their speed can be 100 but strength has to be 1.

Deal with it. Stop asking for everything to be vanilla and fair.
  • Options
    @Frommer, you're right. I should not expect a game to like this to be fair.
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    Options
    They make just a few toons overpowered this way everyone uses them. It must be easier to keep the game running when everyone uses the same toons. Why even have 60 something toons if only a couple are able to compete. If they are going to make some toons so overpowered they might as well get rid of the rest. The game is becoming less and less fun when there isn't any strategy. How much fun is it when there are 3 or 4 toons that if you put them in your line up you can get top 10 but if you don't have those 3 or 4 toons it's 100-200 at payout. Its really to bad that you can't build a team around your favorite characters. How many people are like ohh royal gaurd is my favorite star wars character? Lol
  • Frommer
    145 posts Member
    Options
    scca325is wrote: »
    @Frommer, you're right. I should not expect a game to like this to be fair.

@scca325is what are you talking about fair? Are you somehow prevented from creating the characters you want? Did the game unfairly restrict you into making only an upnaught? inigo-montoya-failure-rachel-french.jpg
  • Options
    The fact is we need all those for raid. If any of those is nerf, it will make raid so much harder.
  • Options
    Yoda isn't "high damage". Nor was he before his massive damage nerf.

Precisely my thoughts on the subject. At gear 9 and 7* the only time he does above 5k (without offense up or other buffs) is on his 2nd special (the one that removes tm).
  • Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    'I suspect most F2P players hate Rey, Dooku and Leia. And most P2P players love them, but also feel that there is still not enough displacement in synergies and abilities.'

Why would f2p hate Rey? Dooku...he is easy to hate. I am f2p and don't hate Leia.

Why would F2P hate Dooku especially? He is easily farmable. I hate him, but not because I am F2P. He is just annoying when you have to face him 15 times every day.