Is FOTP still good?

Prev1
A couple updates ago everyone wanted him and now know one uses him but im starting to see him a bit in my arena. Wanted to know if hes still good?

Replies

• RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
  • Uriakatos
    176 posts Member
    Options
    Kinda. When used with poggle and phasma hes great and hits like he used to. It depends on the team you use him in.
  • HaloWars29
    279 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    When buffed with offense up. He can be competitive. But Rey is still by far more superior.
  • Options
    I enjoy using him still since last update..
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    He is a beast at gear 11. Not good...beast.
  • Options
    Save yourself the disappointment and just farm Ray. When people have to qualify that he can be good sometimes and only with certain teams it's time to move on.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Options
    Sure, farm Rey like everyone else. I still haven't even unlocked Rey and don't plan on it anytime soon. She's boringly powerful and doesn't add anything interesting for me. Chase the "meta" if that's what you're in to, but I'd rather chase enjoyment.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    FOTP, right now, got a huge damage nerf and is still slow and has low hp. I would say if you have a Phasma leader and some speedy tank to keep him alive, then he is a power house.

Most of his usefulness comes from Phasma procs and he can kill numerous people when RNG is in his favor. If you just stick him on any other team, he has all of the detriments listed above and doesn't really live up to GS/QGJ/Rey who can be put pretty much anywhere and still be awesome.
  • aerendhil
    503 posts Member
    Options
    Yes with Phasma lead, and supported by either Poggle or QGJ for offense up.
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Options
    I love how people think that toons are slow because they don't have 140+ speed. FOTP has above average speed at 128. 24 toons have higher speed than 128, and 57 have less speed.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    I love how people think that toons are slow because they don't have 140+ speed. FOTP has above average speed at 128. 24 toons have higher speed than 128, and 57 have less speed.

@Gank_Killer
    That's the point. Several POWERFUL toons who beat FOTP in damage move before him. Which would you prefer? Someone who moves first and hits twice as hard, or someone who moves last and hits half as hard?

FOTP is most likely dead long before his turn arrives on a Phasma lead team. Without Phasma, he is completely ignorable.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Toukai wrote: »

@Gank_Killer
    That's the point. Several POWERFUL toons who beat FOTP in damage move before him. Which would you prefer? Someone who moves first and hits twice as hard, or someone who moves last and hits half as hard?

FOTP is most likely dead long before his turn arrives on a Phasma lead team. Without Phasma, he is completely ignorable.

Because AI always focuses? Gear 11 FOTP dead before his turn? Hard to believe unless he is maybe in defense...in offense it's almost impossible. People under-estimate toons.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »

@Gank_Killer

Because AI always focuses? Gear 11 FOTP dead before his turn? Hard to believe unless he is maybe in defense...in offense it's almost impossible. People under-estimate toons.

@Alexone
    You mean his like.. 13khp when rey can walk around at g10 doing 20k long before FOTP moves? Yea, gonna say yea to that... That's not even with GS assist or QGJ assist or Dooku, or any of the other people who move faster than him.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Rey starts with Leverage and does 15k when she crits. You will never see Rey do 20k on her first hit. If i would have IG-86 or FOTP at gear 11, i would probably replace Rey. Because IG-86 hits harder than Rey - he did 12k on auto to me today with offense up and FOTP just looks cooler. So yea.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Options
    first time I've seen someone claim that 86 hits harder than Rey.

I disagree.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    I am also sorry that i don't have the 'i must use Rey else i am going to lose' type of mentality. Which is completely false btw.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

I disagree.

I mean AI crits me for high numbers. If mine won't do 12k on auto at least sometime, i am going to be upset. Because that means AI gets a huge boost.
  • Dredin
    20 posts Member
    Options
    Of course he's still good. Hits hard, and if you get him geared enough he has enough protection to not get KO'd immediately. For me, there is much more than the arena, I'd love to go against he rancor on phases 2 or 3 with FOTP, I'd use Phasma for advantage and Yoda to get him an expose once or twice. He, like many of the characters in the game are good, if you take the time to invest in gearing.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options

I disagree.

@Gank_Killer
    Yea.
    I am also sorry that i don't have the 'i must use Rey else i am going to lose' type of mentality. Which is completely false btw.

@Alexone
    You dont need to use Rey or your going to lose. Several team comps don't use her (mostly p2w). Gank_Killer stated specifically that he was disappointed that people thought he was slow despite his average move speed (then goes on to state 24 toons go before him... lol).

I merely stated that based on how it is now, Rey hits harder and goes first. Which makes her infinitely more viable on many teams. FOTP is still GOOD on a PHASMA team. I've even been wrecked by him on occasions.

Would I put FOTP in my non-Phasma lead team instead of Rey? No.

And if you want to talk terrifying teams without Rey? Freaking Old Ben, 5s, Leia, Sun Fac, Vader/Rex/GS/Poggle (usually random here based on preference).
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Dredin wrote: »
    Of course he's still good. Hits hard, and if you get him geared enough he has enough protection to not get KO'd immediately. For me, there is much more than the arena, I'd love to go against he rancor on phases 2 or 3 with FOTP, I'd use Phasma for advantage and Yoda to get him an expose once or twice. He, like many of the characters in the game are good, if you take the time to invest in gearing.

@Dredin
    Thank you. This is what people don't understand. When someone says he is decent/good, they arn't saying he isn't usable. Several characters are usable. They just need to be on a good synergy team to bring out their abilities. There was a guy here called Timi the Turtle who flipped out and said I called Anakin useless, when I said Anakin is decent on a Jedi team. Decent != useless.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

@Dredin
    Thank you. This is what people don't understand. When someone says he is decent/good, they arn't saying he isn't usable. Several characters are usable. They just need to be on a good synergy team to bring out their abilities. There was a guy here called Timi the Turtle who flipped out and said I called Anakin useless, when I said Anakin is decent on a Jedi team. Decent != useless.

He is kinda useless. :smiley:
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options

@Dredin

He is kinda useless. :smiley:

@Alexone
    Eh. Better than some other Jedi I wont name so I dont start a flame war.

@Okerlund
    Sorry about the derail. Anyways. I hope some of this answers your question.

FOTP on Phasma-lead team? Groovy

FOTP good for PvE? Sure

FOTP on anything else? Debatable :)
  • SantasWS
    165 posts Member
    Options
    I am still framing him its just slow going only 2 notes, which makes him a endgame toon by which time you have better toons a plenty with equal or better dmg and faster turn meter
  • Options
    SantasWS wrote: »
    I am still framing him its just slow going only 2 notes, which makes him a endgame toon by which time you have better toons a plenty with equal or better dmg and faster turn meter

83/100 over here! Oh, that sweet, sweet seventh * is getting mighty big in the window. Won't be long now!
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options

83/100 over here! Oh, that sweet, sweet seventh * is getting mighty big in the window. Won't be long now!

@EventineElessedil
    I am jelly. I stopped farming FO units to keep up with the lvl 80 meta shift. F2P kinda sucks right now with the P2W characters taking top spots.

I really, really want a full FO team, but I am not sure if I will ever have the time or resources. I had to pick a GW/PVP/Raid team comp to focus on and even that is bleeding my credits and materials dry. Trying to add a "fun" team on top feels impossible.

I just hope they keep the lvl 80 cap for a freaking year so I can get what I want :P
  • Options

I'm jelly! 51/100 in my end.

For a toon that has taken 6 months (and counting) to farm, and then an additional amount of months will be required to farm gear for, to make them viable; I hope it's worth it (I doubt it extremely).
  • DJJ
    367 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    The problem with fotp now has to do with how advantage works. Advantage doubles the chances of a double tap on basic and gives the possibility of health down on the special.

First of all, advantage now is removed as soon as you score a guaranteed critical hit. It used to remain until fotp was hit twice. So he's hardy ever buffed.

Secondly the way he gets advantage is problematic in most of raid phases. The rancor only goes below 50% once a phase and the chances you're actually there for it are slim. So unless phasma or foo are also there, he won't have advantage at all, and even when he does get it, it will be for one turn.

I farmed him to 7* a few months ago and loved using him for a long time. Now I can't even justify giving him a furnace to get to g9 because he doesn't perform his role in raids as well as Rey, Gs, ig86, or even Luke and tuskan raider.
    Post edited by DJJ on
  • GuNDaL
    100 posts Member
    Options
    DJJ wrote: »
    The problem with fotp now has to do with how advantage works. Advantage doubles the chances of a double tap on basic and gives the possibility of health down on the special.

First of all, advantage now is removed as soon as you score a guaranteed critical hit. It used to remain until fotp was hit twice. So he's usually hardy ever buffed.

Secondly the way he gets advantage is problematic in most of raid phases. The rancor only goes below 50% once a phase and the chances he's actually there for it are slim. So unless phasma or foo are also there, he won't have advantage at all, and even when he does get it, it will be for one turn.

I farmed him to 7* a few months ago and loved using him for a long time. Now I can't even justify giving him a furnace to get to g9 because he doesn't perform his role in raids as well as Rey, Gs, ig86, or even Luke and tuskan raider.

+100 exacly.
    Especially in respect to only being buffed for one shot and only earning it once per health bar per enemy. RG certainly can taunt 15x for the same person, so why not here.
    @ea_jessie
    you guys changed the basic way that advantage works but failed to change any of the side effects of that change.
    in fact those changes you did make specifically to the FO chars, phasma foo and fotp were all nerfs, like change how much damage they could generate based off the buff. first order officer was so useful and now a total joke with no dmg

also if it guarantees a crit hit, it shouldn't wear off when your attack is dodged.
  • Blank
    9 posts Member
    Options
    worth mentioning FOTP gets advantage from the door control panel and the guards in P1 (though I probably wouldn't recommend him for that phase). On Phasma teams he's able to have advantage up for the 2 turns he usually gets while rancor is down.

He's certainly less desirable because of it (and his garbage potency doesn't really help as far as his special goes either...).
  • Options
    Blank wrote: »
    worth mentioning FOTP gets advantage from the door control panel and the guards in P1 (though I probably wouldn't recommend him for that phase). On Phasma teams he's able to have advantage up for the 2 turns he usually gets while rancor is down.

He's certainly less desirable because of it (and his garbage potency doesn't really help as far as his special goes either...).
    High damage toons arr perfect for P1, **** are you talking about?