Stunning Team

Has anybody seen a full Stunning Team? Like:
Daka
Dooku
Asajj
Urorrur
Poogle

Maybe I am missing a better stunner in this composition. Of course this team seems weak, but you could keep 2-3 chars stunner at any moment making the figth 3 vs 5 or 2 vs 5.

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm working on a variant of this right now. But it needs more stars. (Works great in PvE but I tried it in arena and got pummeled). The team is: Phasma, Daka, Dooku, Asajj, Kylo. Not a pure stun team but more of a combination stun/counterattack squad. Probably won't be ready for another 2-3 weeks (by which time the new update will be out and the meta will change anyway.) :)
    It is very hard to let go of using Sid and Lumi, which are my only 7* and both very useful. Possible I might drop one of them for Lumi, though not sure which as they are all good.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Forgot Coruscant's nice stun on regular. and probably some others.

Yeah that setup seems interesting wth 3 stunners. What worries me is you don't have enough dps to afford luxury of just stunning 1 char or 2. Phasma can accelerate your meter once, and delay them. But the idea is that with 5 stunner, you may not need the timer at all. They cool down extremely slow and are constantly frozen. The variant I imagine would be very troubling to enemy is Chewy (self heal) or even better Poe (2 turns stun lol and very early on). He'd alao helpnyour turn meter and wear down 20% of at least 3 chars just on taunt/expose. As enemy has each turn 3-4 stunned chars, it plays with 2...how can they kill Poe soon enough?
  • Options
    Try this

Luke lead, stun, high damage dealer
    Dooku stun
    Daka stun , healer , reviver
    Police stun , offense down
    Poe Speed boost, protection and expose
  • Options
    Is there any place for Bane? His special is pretty... STUNNING
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options

Yeah that setup seems interesting wth 3 stunners. What worries me is you don't have enough dps to afford luxury of just stunning 1 char or 2. Phasma can accelerate your meter once, and delay them. But the idea is that with 5 stunner, you may not need the timer at all. They cool down extremely slow and are constantly frozen. The variant I imagine would be very troubling to enemy is Chewy (self heal) or even better Poe (2 turns stun lol and very early on). He'd alao helpnyour turn meter and wear down 20% of at least 3 chars just on taunt/expose. As enemy has each turn 3-4 stunned chars, it plays with 2...how can they kill Poe soon enough?

The problem with any stun team is that stuns are unreliable, and also, dodging still works while stunned. It's a powerful effect but I may be building something that isn't viable. I don't feel too bad about doing it, though, because even if that team doesn't work, all of Ventress, Daka, Phasma and Kylo are useful and I can put them in some other team concept.
    I may work Poe up once I have Daka 7*. (She needs to be 7* to be effective IMO, due to low health.) I am still not sure he makes sense for the sort of team I am building, though I don't have much experience with him.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »

The problem with any stun team is that stuns are unreliable, and also, dodging still works while stunned. It's a powerful effect but I may be building something that isn't viable. I don't feel too bad about doing it, though, because even if that team doesn't work, all of Ventress, Daka, Phasma and Kylo are useful and I can put them in some other team concept.
    I may work Poe up once I have Daka 7*. (She needs to be 7* to be effective IMO, due to low health.) I am still not sure he makes sense for the sort of team I am building, though I don't have much experience with him.

Well said.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    It works better on defense. Also you need to have a fast team. IMHO a 'stun team' shouldn't be all stunners.

I played a top ranked team with Daka and Dooku and they managed to stun 4 of my 5 chars leaving me Poggle. Which is hilariously the only char on my team that can't do any real damage. Doou hit my Sid and Poe then Daka followed on my Luke and Lumi. IIRC they had Sid, Kylo, and some glass cannon to go with the pair. They wiped 3/5 of my team before anyone except Poggle fired off.

The next round they didn't stun anyone and I beat them with all 5 of my characters left and nearly all of them at full health. So definitely hit and miss. I would not want to depend on it at all on offense.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah I am not sure why I am even doing this. Probably wasting a lot of time and resources, but I just like stuns. :)
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Just did some early experiments in PvP. The guys aren't starred up yet though they are generally 5* or higher. It's terrible, I get completely destroyed. :( No idea what to do for a team now. I am tired of my old Barriss team. Maybe it will get better, otherwise I am headed down the PvP ladder.
    What's funny is that when I try to replace Dooku with Kylo, even though Kylo is 6* and Dooku is 4*, I miss Dooku. He's just better. Especially in dealing with both Sid and Luminara, whom he seriously hurts. I may have spent a bunch of resources on Kylo for nada. I thought he'd be awesome but he really isn't.
    This team isn't strong enough to run without healers. They just get blown away in a couple of rounds.
    Back to the drawing board, I guess.
  • Options
    That's not a very stunning team most of those are butt ugly charecters. :D

Seriously though if you have access to Bane his second skill is a pretty high unavoidable special damage that has a stun.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Secondary stuns are dicey. And Bane isn't farmable, at least not yet.

I had a bit better luck with a team of Phasma (5*), Asajj (5*), Dooku (4*), Sid (7*) and Luminara (7*). Without Barriss, Asajj and Dooku are rather squishy. Ultimately I'd like to sub Sid and Lumi for Daka and Ren, but I really need Lumi's heal and big special, so even though she doesn't fit the "concept" she has to stay for now. I don't think Daka is going back in the squad until she is 7*, which will take until the end of January. I still think she's good to have, but she needs to be maxed out.
    I'm also considering a "porcupine" team based on Phasma, Dooku, Fives, FO Stormtrooper (did I really just write that?) and someone else. Basically a non-Jedi counter/assist team. But I don't even have Fives unlocked yet so this would be a February deal and that's assuming I do Fives right after Daka and not Poe.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    Interesting discussion. How about Aayla? Her ability offers stun as well?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Aayla would be a natural with all three of stun, assist and counter. However, she is currently one of the characters reserved for those with more dollars than sense. :)
  • Options
    Why not add in Finn? He's naturally tanky, easily farmable, does good damage, and offers a stun and an expose which would desperately help you in terms of locking down or killing high value targets. With both Phasma and Poe on your squad as well there is a decent chance of being able to land multiple expose's on high value targets. Then you could easily fit whoever else you want like Daka, Luke, Dooku, Urrorurr, or Poggle. Just a thought.
  • Cythis
    273 posts Member
    Options
    Play it with phasma and get as many extra attacks as possible and more chances to stun.

Phasma, Dooku, Daka, QGJ, CUPolice/ Ayala

FTP version
    Phasma, Dooku, Daka, Geo S, CUPolice

Fun builds but not top tier this round maybe in the future

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Finn has a 2/3 chance to stun every 3 turns. That's not really enough to be viable in this sort of team, though he may be good for other reasons.
    I've decided I'm going to keep working on this team concept. No, it will not be top tier, but since I don't buy chromium cards I will never be top tier anyway regardless of the meta. I am tired of running the same stuff as everyone else.
    I am going to keep leveling up various characters and I think Fives will be next. Maybe if the stunning idea doesn't work a slow/counterattack/assist/stun combination of some sort will work. A team of Phasma, Kylo, Fives, Dooku (I am close to 5* on him) and Asajj/Daka/someone could be rather annoying, which is what I am going after. :)
    I am now seeing lots of attention on Geo Soldier, who on the surface doesn't seem terribly interesting, what's the deal there? Just lots of attacks/damage? How would he compare to IG-86?