Is galactic war too hard?

Prev1345
Stormcutter
163 posts Member
edited May 2016
Would you like to see galactic war made easier in the next update?

Is galactic war too hard? 376 votes

Yes, it needs to be easier
41%
masterringcryhavok79QikEM650zaphodTakThunderhead47kozakjanosvincentlondonfive2zeroZach2357PrivatzelWhiteroomottomadduxMerkur0mCasual_PlayerBaggodiMofojokers1992Dark_JediSlevinBurger 157 votes
No, it's fine how it is
58%
Green_Legend_RanPokebreakerJ7000cosmicturtle333IvoB1987Gib_ResahpKhorvog_Karbossajeremyj26tahsoosMarafettShadowHoundCharlesbusaTheopiumStarSonKTroy24EikasCurrydano7591DrakeIXMasterOneHitZeeb05 219 votes

Replies

• Ivan_Drago
    639 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    At lvl 80 and g10 it is too hard. It is ridiculous to fight 5-6 7* lvl80 g10-11 teams with omegas just for 440k credits and 25 crystal - rewards should scale otherwise it is simply not worth the time spent - or add a sim button (of course you can win, but it takes more time than the rewards are worth considering it costs 285k to upgrade one character from lvl 79 to lvl 80)
  • Options
    I'm lvl 75ish, none of my toons are over 71, all are max geared as they'll go, I'm fighting lvl 80 elites at round 2.
  • BobAFeet
    147 posts Member
    Options
    I'm level 80 and have 35 toons at gear 8 or higher, 7 star and I can no longer finish galactic war.... I cruised through it when I was a lower level. Building up your squad comes with a cost, I guess...
  • Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Those that are not 37k power plus in arena won't understand this. But when you face heavy teams like it over and over you will give out.

Give them time and they will catch up and see it. It's very hard to go especially because of raid gear you will likely only have 1 maybe 2 teams that can match. The rest will just get destroyed even if they only have to verse 4-6 of the heavy teams.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    Especially with apparent guild hopping being okay and those who participate having all maxed gear toons compared to the general populous.
  • BradBread
    113 posts Member
    Options
    No, it's fine how it is
    I don't get the matchmaking as some people explain nightmare scenarios. I just hit 78. And only a couple of omega abilities and mostly gear 8, a few gear 9.

I find it all too easy to get through GW every day. The only time I don't complete a GW is if I am not playing much and time basically expires. I can auto most of it with a single squad (my team is NOT that great, probably power 27k-29k).

I really don't get how GW is that hard. You just have to have a team that's well suited for it.
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    it has gotten a little more difficult at 80 however it can be completed. it has started to take more time for me to complete them, so most days i dont even do it because of the time constraints of work and family. (which are waaaayy more important than this game)

not to mention as someone had stated, the rewards are not that great for the amount of time i put into the GW. maybe they can tune it to be a little easier and less time consuming... pretty sure the rewards would still remain the same if they implemented a change like that; eh, a double edged sword when it comes to the right path for the good ole GW.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    No, it's fine how it is
    No, we don't need it to be easier, We need it to be shorter and provide rewards about 10x what they currently do. This is coming from someone with a 37K power level 80 rank 1 arena team
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Dawnofdeadeye
    233 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Ive been finishing but takes multiple retreats. I think the protection issue is biggest by the end. You should just face a max squad equal to your level. If 75. That should be the highest you face.

• Options
    No, it's fine how it is
    Didn't they already nerf it? We start with extra TM which basically means we kill 1x enemy before they even more.
    So GW is a 4v5.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • BradBread
    113 posts Member
    Options
    No, it's fine how it is
    Didn't they already nerf it? We start with extra TM which basically means we kill 1x enemy before they even more.
    So GW is a 4v5.

Exactly. If I use my Ewoks I can usually drop 2 or 3 before they have a chance to take a turn.

The TM carryover makes it too easy.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    I've heard several level 80 folks saying it is pretty hard... since I'm not there yet I won't comment. I've had a few days where it was a bit challenging. My biggest complaint is not whether it is a challenge or not; it would be all the dodging / bonus attacks and insanely slow animations. I enjoy GW though just wish it gave a few more credits.... the credit drought is real.
  • Options
    No, it's fine how it is
    It's fun when I'm not busy and not too hard. A chore to do 24 in a row on Tuesday though.
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    Options
    No, it's fine how it is
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    No, we don't need it to be easier, We need it to be shorter and provide rewards about 10x what they currently do.

This... Exactly.
  • Whiteroom
    303 posts Member
    Options
    I think it gets harder when get to 80 just because suddenly have a few maxed to ons but that means gw gets maxed so now I'm fighting 8 or 9 maxed teams. It is hard to not lose a single character with that and don't have a big enough maxed roster to be losing that many.
  • Options
    No, it's fine how it is
    Arena squad power 29k
    6* Barris lvl 78 gear 8
    7* Qgj lvl 78 gear 8
    7* Mace lvl 78 gear 8
    7* Lumi lvl 78 gear 8
    7* Yoda lvl 71 gear 8

I clear GW daily. Takes me 30 mins. It got a lot easier when I dropped my arena team (same as above) to under 30k. Barris also helped when I starred and geared her. I float around rank 150-250 in arena.
  • Options
    Normish13 wrote: »
    Arena squad power 29k
    6* Barris lvl 78 gear 8
    7* Qgj lvl 78 gear 8
    7* Mace lvl 78 gear 8
    7* Lumi lvl 78 gear 8
    7* Yoda lvl 71 gear 8

I clear GW daily. Takes me 30 mins. It got a lot easier when I dropped my arena team (same as above) to under 30k. Barris also helped when I starred and geared her. I float around rank 150-250 in arena.
    So GW is a 4v5.

Those that are not 37k power plus in arena won't understand this. But when you face heavy teams like it over and over you will give out.

Give them time and they will catch up and see it. It's very hard to go especially because of raid gear you will likely only have 1 maybe 2 teams that can match. The rest will just get destroyed even if they only have to verse 4-6 of the heavy teams.

• LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    No, it's fine how it is
    Oh the benefits of an underpowered Arena team.
    {RotE}
  • Options
    LaLiam wrote: »

Indeed but it's gonna hurt ya soon lol. Maxed teams over and over takes it toll if you cannot match them.
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    Options

Indeed but it's gonna hurt ya soon lol. Maxed teams over and over takes it toll if you cannot match them.

especially those.. back to back to back RG.. man they make life difficult at 80
  • Options
    kbonifay wrote: »

Ahha yeah Ben leads with max Rey and RG teams. You take out one and go thank god then a similar team is next and you lose your tier 11 Rex and o oh oh.

This thread won't work but it's going to be very funny when they get their arena teams up lol.
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    Options

Ahha yeah Ben leads with max Rey and RG teams. You take out one and go thank god then a similar team is next and you lose your tier 11 Rex and o oh oh.

This thread won't work but it's going to be very funny when they get their arena teams up lol.

i feel for the ones on the come up.... brutal times ahead. lol

can i get a **high five** for a G11 Rex brother!!!!
  • Options

Oooo *Double High Five* :D
  • KelEl85
    158 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Seems like its too easy early on, too hard at higher levels. Which is the opposite of how it should be. I beat it no problem right now every day (level 66), but i dread getting closer to the cap and starting to struggle
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    Options

who are you running with him?
    my team: Rex, 5s, Aayla, Rey, Kit (or leia depending on offense of defense)
  • Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

O i like that

I'm using
    Rex leads
    5s and Aayla

RG atm but i think i might use Sun Fac
    Liea(always offense) atm but only because im having trouble making Echo work on defense.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    No, it's fine how it is
    KelEl85 wrote: »
    Seems like its too easy early on, too hard at higher levels. Which is the opposite of how it should be. I beat it no problem right now every day (level 66), but i dread getting closer to the cap and starting to struggle

i wouldnt say that its the opposite of how it should be, but making it easier for the super high arena powers might not be such a bad thing. I am lvl 78, 31k arena power and my GW is a joke since they did the TM thingy, super easy.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    No, it's fine how it is
    It's fun when I'm not busy and not too hard. A chore to do 24 in a row on Tuesday though.

This
  • kbonifay
    392 posts Member
    Options

O i like that

I'm using
    Rex leads
    5s and Aayla

RG atm but i think i might use Sun Fac
    Liea(always offense) atm but only because im having trouble making Echo work on defense.

very nice man!!! yea, im working on Sun Fac as well.. he is just 5* right now.. gotta dump some more chromium into him soon. bleh

kit has been fun.. just not as good as i want him to be... he is my fav jedi.. i will have no META dictate who i run in my squad. LOL
  • Options
    Each time I 7* a toon, GW gets harder. My area team sits at about 28k. I have a couple toons that are ready to get 7* but I hold off until I can build up my A and B GW squads.