Is galactic war too hard?

Replies

• Zemyn
    106 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, it needs to be easier
    The rewards need to scale, or the difficulty level in matchmaking needs to come down. Nothing like facing 7*G10/11 Dooku, QGJ, Rey, GS, RG (Swap in/out Leia, Daka, Sun Fac, and 5s) for my last 4-5 nodes every day. For 440k? Ha! Nope.

I think I've completed less GWs (even though I easily could) in the last 2 weeks than in the first few weeks I had it available and just couldn't always beat it, mainly because I quite often can't be bother to care enough. The rewards suck and it's tedious.
  • Mc1
    306 posts Member
    Options
    Frommer wrote: »
    Ewakawaka wrote: »
    I wasn't able to finish GW for the first time in several weeks today. I've been 80 for a little bit now and I've been improving my arena team. The constant Dodge teams plus taunt are just too much. I was like a lot of you who were saying "Oh, it's not that hard. ". Just wait. It's coming.

I've never seen a game that punishes you for doing better. The better your team gets the harder and longer your only source of credits gets. Not only is it harder, you get the same amount of credits as you did for the last several dozen times

And yes the turn meter change helped. I was able to make it 4 on 5 for many battles but your A Team will start dying sooner and sooner. Then the turn meter backfires when you try to sub in teams because the AI keeps their turn meter and the tables are flipped. Also, no way no how the devs made this change on purpose. It was an after effect when they fixed the raids and they just haven't changed it because people seem to like it. They haven't addressed Galactic Chore at all.

Oh and lastly the "just retreat and try a new combo" ain't nobody got time for that. It already takes forever and "Edge of tomorrow technique" makes it go in even more just so you can get Old Ben to dodge 13 times instead of 14.

Please fix GW. Take out protection. Reduce the nodes and increase the rewards.

@Ewakawaka
    Please make everything easier for me so I can just push a button and get millions of credits and crystals please.

Basically that's what half this thread sounds like. Omg it gets harder? Really? A game that progresses becomes more difficult? Wow. That's terrible. Is that like every game that's ever been invented?

So ridiculous.

This^^^

• GizOne
    150 posts Member
    Options
    OB lead, Rey, Leia, RG, 5th random toon (QGJ, Fives...)

And repeat. And repeat again.

This poll is biased by people under 37k in arena.

Never seen a game where the difficulty increases but not the rewards.
  • Options
    The problem isnt it being hard, the problem is the time it takes to complete a full run
  • Mc1
    306 posts Member
    Options
    I do wish the rewards were better at higher levels of rank and or arena team power
  • Darthdaddy81
    271 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    So am I the only person getting full lvl 80 purple teams beginning round 3? None of my characters have even seen lvl 75 and I can't beat stage 3 in GW because I get wiped out.
  • Options
    No, it's fine how it is
    I beat GW everyday I feel like doing it (not often), but it's long and boring.
  • Gungnir75
    718 posts Member
    Options
    Unless you are cool with maxed arena evasion teams from node 4 on then yes it needs some changes. For those that like it as is, you guys can have mine lol
  • Djbz
    251 posts Member
    Options
    No, it's fine how it is
    I can run through it in about 1/2 an hour every day.
    Admitadly my arena team's power is below average for my bracket in the arena (top 50, 29,500 compared to the average 32,000 around me) which apparantly affects it
    But I do still see full star and gear "Meta" teams (usually at least 2 per run)

But today was way, way too easy (I got to node 9 before putting Luminara in for healing-and she was only required to do so twice in those last nodes).
    I don't know why it was so easy but it has me worried....
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Rey, QGJ, RG, Rey, QGJ, RG, Rey, QGJ, RG, ad infinitum
  • Mc1
    306 posts Member
    Options
    I get really hard arena teams from node 4. My arena power is a bit over 37k and I guess that's what amps it. It's challenging but my roster helps. Been playing since December and I've only lost once and it was node 12. I think it was because I was drinking heavily at the time though. Lol
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    Options
    I haven't got to lvl80 yet, but I already know it's gonna be a piece of ****.
  • Options
    No, it's fine how it is
    Definitely based on arena power. Im 35800 and its still on the easier side for me. People with 37K+ arena squad power are mostly pre-crafters so you take the good with the bad.
  • Theopium
    43 posts Member
    Options
    No, it's fine how it is
    Easier? No! More exiting? Yes. It is just boring going everyday over the nearly same teams 12 times.
  • KonEl
    72 posts Member
    Options
    Mc1 wrote: »
    I get really hard arena teams from node 4. My arena power is a bit over 37k and I guess that's what amps it. It's challenging but my roster helps. Been playing since December and I've only lost once and it was node 12. I think it was because I was drinking heavily at the time though. Lol

How is it challenging? You know, with very little deviation, who you will be facing. Having a deep roster should make it even less so, does for me. I think more people are upset that it's a boring slog that isn't worth the time it takes or the money used to put together the deep roster than it "being to hard". It's winnable, sure, but do the prospect of sharding up magmatrooper or being .01% closer to grevious thrill you.

The question is, is it fun? I'm sure some people love getting their yearly physical...
  • Options
    Once you go over 36,000 in power, it's time consuming and difficult. Suicide squads work against you now. At 38,000, it starts to become a question if you can complete it. Team after team of Rey, Leia, Fives, Dooku, Rex, RG etc. oh for the days when you just had to kill Sid first and move on.
  • Options
    @Mofojokers1992 there are two types of people in this thread, those who say it's too difficult, and those who aren't powerful enough yet to experience the chore it has become.
  • Options
    I think each of our toons should get half of their protection back at the end of each node.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Gets pretty annoying that making my team stronger just makes GW harder and not easier. When I spend all this time building up a team I want that effort to pay off not make things more difficult and frustrating
  • Options
    No, it's fine how it is
    warmonkey wrote: »
    Gets pretty annoying that making my team stronger just makes GW harder and not easier. When I spend all this time building up a team I want that effort to pay off not make things more difficult and frustrating

So you want the game to become less challenging as you move through it?

• Options
    I think this is what makes pvp so easy. using gw as the decider for who to nerf. Its unreasonable to expect 1 team to beat 6 roughly similar levelled teams. Or two vs 3. I like the idea of it but at max cap is just stupid. It took me two hours to get through it today. Im close to just autoing it until i run out of toons as it takes too long and im losing interest in the massive credit grind to level up characters. Cant wait for all the JE droid squads to arrive to kill my best toons at node 6.
  • Options
    @Mofojokers1992 there are two types of people in this thread, those who say it's too difficult, and those who aren't powerful enough yet to experience the chore it has become.

@Empire_Relic they should see soon enough as its not a matter of time or how boring it is. But the sheer fact you cannot handle 6+ 37k teams with your one 37k team and your tier 8s and 9s.

Your previous side teams will scratch protection and die. As a whale i have most heroes unlocked and alot of them tier 8 and 9 with my main clone team maxed. They can carry me through a few of the teams but not all. Side teams cannot do anything.

@EA_Jesse
    @CG_JohnSalera

I hope they consider this when reworking GW as its not a long factor but the fact you just cannot handle that many main teams at once.
  • Options
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »
    warmonkey wrote: »

So you want the game to become less challenging as you move through it?

It would be nice to have some sense of getting stronger, yes.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    No, it's fine how it is
    If you have a 37k power arena team, and you are facing similar teams, then it is working as intended. You should be able to use strategy and your bench to prevail. This portion of the game rewards having a deep roster and diverse teams. It is not meant to be a sprint, but a marathon. It is meant to be challenging. I am level 80, and hover at rank 20. I play all Jedi, and guess what I face nodes 9-12? Other Jedi teams. The computer is giving you opponents like yourself.

If you have g9/g10 toons, you can probably afford to not complete every once in a while.
  • ArarisValerian
    357 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    No, it's fine how it is
    Let's make the game so unchallenging please.

The only thing I hate is the time it takes to compete.
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    Options
    It rewards people who focus on the roster instead of the toons. So basically if i wanted to have an easy gw it would mean sacrificing arena places and in return crystals for xp and gear and slow progression for the whole of my roster. If i did this i would have a quicker gw and more credits. But the problem is, once you focus, there is no undo button and your locked into 2 hour gw mode untill the rest of you roster is at gr9/10/11.
    Basically GW rewards balanced roster progression vs arena which rewards focussed progression. I guess things will improve as the rest of my roster catches up.
  • RFC
    33 posts Member
    Options
    No, it's fine how it is
    Whales can't have their cake and eat it, too. If you have a 37K power arena team, you've spent a LOT on this game. You're hugely ahead of F2Pers and dolphins, who you had similar arena power to when the cap was level 70. Now, harder GWs for you hinder your progress.

Whales have huge advantages in this game. Making GWs easy for them would make this even more of a P2W game than it already is. Suck it up.
  • geezbonebone
    3 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    it's for the vip with at least 15 80 lv 7 stars chars
  • Options
    I do GW in automode
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    Options
    Not entirely true. i spent enough to get top ten finish every day for the last three months. It isnt hard to get to 80 on 500 crystals a day. plus with all the refreshes you farm gear and character shards. Really isnt that hard.