Galactic Wars is getting ridiculous..

Prev134
jasperC
60 posts Member
Is it just me, or GW has become:

1. Too much time and effort to complete a full run
2. The last couple of battles are ridiculously difficult
3. Rewards are not worth the time and effort

It's just become a total drag to do it daily and no longer fun at all. What's everyone elses experience?

Replies

• Aminon
    34 posts Member
    Options
    Its easy to beat but time consuming full jedi team.
  • OwexBaill
    188 posts Member
    Options
    1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. If you want to level your toons, you need the credits...

• Options
    OwexBaill wrote: »
    1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. If you want to level your toons, you need the credits...

Exactly. I can beat it every day and have to for the credits, but it's very tedious and makes the game less fun.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Nah, it's pretty easy. 20 minutes, 30 at the most to complete.

Run Bariss (L), Lumi, QGJ, Rey, GS.
    Press auto, pick targets so AI doesnt just go bananas, and you can be through it pretty quick.

I think someone posted on here of completing GW in under 18-20 minutes? Need to find it.

*Edit*
    Also, if you say it's because I am high level, I actually just recently assisted my mother who just started (level 50) and was able to complete her GW in about an hour with underleveled and undergeared toons.

If you dont focus specific GW characters, then GW will be harder. Work on getting healers and heavy hitters and you'll be fine. It takes some time to build up your toons, but once you do it will be worth it in the long run.

Patience you must have, else fall to the dark side of mobile gaming you will.
  • jasperC
    60 posts Member
    Options
    Toukai wrote: »

Press auto, pick targets so AI doesnt just go bananas, and you can be through it pretty quick.

I think someone posted on here of completing GW in under 18-20 minutes? Need to find it.

*Edit*
    Also, if you say it's because I am high level, I actually just recently assisted my mother who just started (level 50) and was able to complete her GW in about an hour with underleveled and undergeared toons.

If you dont focus specific GW characters, then GW will be harder. Work on getting healers and heavy hitters and you'll be fine. It takes some time to build up your toons, but once you do it will be worth it in the long run.

Dude.. It's the opposite. You are not high level enough, that's why it's easy for you. I'm level 80 with enough toons at Gear X and above with skills maxed out with omegas. When you are there, the game algorithm puts up equally strong squads in the last few GW fights against you.

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    jasperC wrote: »

*Edit*

Dude.. It's the opposite. You are not high level enough, that's why it's easy for you. I'm level 80 with enough toons at Gear X and above with skills maxed out with omegas. When you are there, the game algorithm puts up equally strong squads in the last few GW fights against you.

@jasperC
    I am 79, and have no issues. We'll see about lvl 80. I had no issues at lvl 70, nor 60, when those were the cap and everyone complained then about GW being hard.

We'll have to see in one more level.
  • jasperC
    60 posts Member
    Options

*Edit*

@jasperC
    I am 79, and have no issues. We'll see about lvl 80. I had no issues at lvl 70, nor 60, when those were the cap and everyone complained then about GW being hard.

We'll have to see in one more level.

I had no issues before either. But once you hit 80. You'll start seeing the stun / dodge / dps combination squads. Takes a couple of tries to kill just one squad. And it's like that the last couple of fights.
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    Options
    The brick wall seems to come at about arena power 35-37000. I think if you haven't passed that point, you don't realise how difficult it becomes.

I hope that as the general populace does hit that power level, though, it will become easier again.
  • slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    Options
    It has nothing to do with level.

Go into a battle and pick your five highest "power" toons.

If that number is under 35k, you should beat GW in 20 minutes.

When that number is 37k+ you start seeing a half dozen #1-arena-capable teams.

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options

@slickdealer
    Was that confirmed for "possible" highest (owned) or actually used highest (in arena)?

I have heard both statements.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with the difficulty, just the rewards associated with it. I mean they haven't changed since level 60... I like the idea of shortening it to 6 nodes and making the rewards scale with the level. They should be at least 3-5X higher. The 6 nodes can be like today 38,000 power gear 10 and 11 arena teams back to back to back but at least then I would feel like the rewards were worth the struggle. Today it is done as just a chore because we need the credits.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • aerendhil
    503 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    GW naturally gets harder when there's a level cap increase.
    The difficulty raises up to the point where people reach max level with their Arena team but not with the rest of their roster.
    Then it settle down as one can slowly level up the rest of the roster.
    So yes, right now is a peak in difficulty.
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Options
    If you don't like the game, don't play
  • Optimus11
    254 posts Member
    Options
    If anything it gets so much easier
    Build up your roster. I usually auto all the way to the end unless rey gets killed. I like her alive. Not really nessacary though. On 9-12 I might lose a few toons if I auto.havent lost a gw in at least four months. All about roster and a deep bench
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    aerendhil wrote: »
    GW naturally gets harder when there's a level cap increase.
    The difficulty raises up to the point where people reach max level with their Arena team but not with the rest of their roster.
    Then it settle down as one can slowly level up the rest of the roster.
    So yes, right now is a peal in difficulty.

An issue now seems to be with people who are getting more raid gear pieces, whether they precrafted, bought furnaces, or got some in raids, putting them on higher gear levels than can be farmed.

Since this gear is hard to get most only have their arena teams at crazy-high power levels, and they're fighting more of the same in the GW. I've heard a few horror stories.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    If you don't like the game, don't play

@EventineElessedil
    If you don't like being shot, don't be Greedo.
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    Options

@slickdealer
    Was that confirmed for "possible" highest (owned) or actually used highest (in arena)?

I think the former, but in practice does it really matter? Your arena team are unlikely to be much less than your top 5 unless you are artificially keeping it low.
  • Options
    My GW experience must be different, I'm level 68 with some decent toons and can make 6-7 nodes and then I'm done get wiped out no matter what I try... But I still enjoy the game just need them credits... :)
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Kabbes wrote: »

@slickdealer

I think the former, but in practice does it really matter? Your arena team are unlikely to be much less than your top 5 unless you are artificially keeping it low.
    @Kabbes
    Yea.. well.. that's the point :)
    With credit crunch being real, it may be worth artificially keeping it low merely to have the ability to finish GW reasonably quick.
  • slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    Options

@slickdealer

It was initially reported as highest arena team.

One of the devs later posted on Reddit it is simply your highest theoretical team, it has nothing to do with your best arena team.

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options

@slickdealer

It was initially reported as highest arena team.

One of the devs later posted on Reddit it is simply your highest theoretical team, it has nothing to do with your best arena team.

@slickdealer
    Thanks. I don't really go to reddit.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    Once you hit 36k arena it goes from simple to ridiculous. No scaling
  • jasperC
    60 posts Member
    Options

That could be why.. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it out and see if it works!

• scuba
    14071 posts Member
    Options
    I would like to see video of this auto/semi auto thru 4-5 arena evasion meta teams of Ben, Rey, QGJ, RG, GS/Daka/Leia.
  • Options
    I'm level 80, rank 1 often in my server and they've made it significantly difficult to the point where it takes up too much time to go against 5 nodes worth of gear 9 and 10 toons with dodge leaders (we know GW dodge is the worst rigged mechanic in the game) but I'm still able to beat it but the fact that it took so much more time and was significantly harder than the past 100 GW's I've done so far, I can't wait for the masses to reach 80 and go against all these insane top 10 arena-worthy squads :) the forums will be flooded on GW being the worst thing in this game for taking up too much time and when you hit 80, it will be impossible for 90% of the players out there who aren't f2p like me who have enough maxed toons to finish. Of course Barriss leader is key because with that I've been able to beat all my GW's with 1 squad with the variation of switching out 1-2 toons depending on the comp but after 5 nodes of RG gear 9-10 Rey gear 9-10 and also han gear 9-10 with dooku leader dodge gear 9, I can only fathom how frustrating it'll be for everyone else :p
  • Dhall
    42 posts Member
    Options
    76 and 77 were rough, felt like the last 5 battles were all 80s. Lol halfway through 79 now it's a breeze though.
  • Genakuma
    62 posts Member
    Options
    Lots of things in this game is getting ridiculous...better get use to it if you want to continue playing.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Is it just me, or GW has become:

1. Too much time and effort to complete a full run
    2. The last couple of battles are ridiculously difficult
    3. Rewards are not worth the time and effort

It's just become a total drag to do it daily and no longer fun at all. What's everyone elses experience?

Actually its been easier since I hit 76 or so.. It was harder in early 70's, but still doable. I actually did GW with 7 characters yesterday and only had to replace 2 of them for the last battle. It varies from day to day, mostly I have to use 2 full teams but not more than that.

It takes like 30 maybe 40 minutes, it is a chore but not tedious, I find it fun because each squad is different, same composition in many cases but different leaders and RNG makes it interesting.

Rewards not worth the effort? LOL seriously they give you like 600K credits or something, I get like a bunch of credits like 1300 for free shards. I convert those shards in the shard shop to get Grievous upgraded.

The rewards for GW are better than anything else, what do you want a free 4* character drop at the end?
  • Options
    This all leads up to EA greed on their crusade to make credits even more scarce and more difficult to obtain for 99% of the 'community' (community is the sugar-coated word that EA tries to brainwash people when in reality they laugh and neglect the 'community') in hopes people will waste energy on their crap mining event that nobody wants to touch and one of their only ways of slowing down the growth of the player-base since they lack any other way to limit the gear/level cap aka depth in this game.
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Options
    I'm seeing a trend as I read thru this thread... People who use Rey don't think GW is very difficult.

The whole idea of using our power to determine our GW difficulty is flawed to begin with. I have a maxed (for my level, 72) Night sister Initiate. And I have a maxed Ahsoka. NSI is listed as having nearly a thousand more power. Yet in battle, Ahsoka always hits for more. Those power ratings are just ridiculous and inaccurate. And in the case of someone like Rey, it's obviously not taking into account that she has skills that allows her to hit 3 times in one attack. Thus we both have a character with similar "power" but yours is WAAY better than mine. Yet we face the same difficulty GW. That's crazy.

Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily think GW is too hard. It can be on certain days. More than anything, I find the lack of opponent diversity annoying. And the retreat button even more annoying.