Galactic Wars is getting ridiculous..

124Next

Replies

• Options
    Zekex wrote: »
    I dare say you are still stick at low 30ks if you only face strong toons in the last 3 nodes.

You do realize most of the casual and F2P are not even 30k power level yet, right? This seems to be something all the people complaining in this thread are missing. Ya, YOU are 36-40k and playing the toughest of the toughest because, guess what, you ARE the highest ranks too!

This just seems to be the way it is. GW is one of the very few activities in this game that actually favors casuals and F2P players. I am sure you more than make up for it in raids and arena. Heck, arena alone awards you double or triple the amount of crystals and 25% more arena tokens and credits if you are a high(ish) rank. Would you rather have those 200k credits, 10 shards, and 600 war tokens or 40+ crystals and 125+ arena tokens? I know I have little use for War Tokens at this point since most of the characters left to purchase with them suck. I am basically just converting them all for Grievous.

Keep in mind that's if you only get halfway done with GW too. If you can make it to all by the last node or two you are only missing out on 10 shards, 400 tokens, and like 100k credits.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    Options
    deathleech wrote: »
    I dare say you are still stick at low 30ks if you only face strong toons in the last 3 nodes.

You do realize most of the casual and F2P are not even 30k power level yet, right? This seems to be something all the people complaining in this thread are missing. Ya, YOU are 36-40k and playing the toughest of the toughest because, guess what, you ARE the highest ranks too!

This just seems to be the way it is. GW is one of the very few activities in this game that actually favors casuals and F2P players. I am sure you more than make up for it in raids and arena. Heck, arena alone awards you double or triple the amount of crystals and 25% more arena tokens and credits if you are a high(ish) rank. Would you rather have those 200k credits, 10 shards, and 600 war tokens or 40+ crystals and 125+ arena tokens? I know I have little use for War Tokens at this point since most of the characters left to purchase with them suck. I am basically just converting them all for Grievous.

Keep in mind that's if you only get halfway done with GW too. If you can make it to all by the last node or two you are only missing out on 10 shards, 400 tokens, and like 100k credits.

Why are you bringing casuals and sub 30k teams when the focus is on 38k and above teams? If you're not 38k you shouldn't even be talking about the situation at 38k because you are clearly poorly equipped to handle the discussion. End of story.

• Options
    Why are you bringing casuals and sub 30k teams when the focus is on 38k and above teams? If you're not 38k you shouldn't even be talking about the situation at 38k because you are clearly poorly equipped to handle the discussion. End of story.

I'm sorry, I didn't know this thread was only for the elite few. I thought it was a general discussion on GW? Oh wait, it is.

I am pointing out that GW being too hard only applies to extremely high powered teams. For the vast majority of people, it's not a problem. I would say get over it and deal with it considering nearly every other aspect of the game is in your favor, and rewards in those modes are much better.

• Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    Options
    The flaw in that logic is thinking that each server has a few high powered teams and everybody else is low power. That's not how it works. Old server = high power teams. If your power is 36000+, chances are that also goes for everybody else on your server.
  • saberOriginal
    129 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Post edited by saberOriginal on
  • Options
    Does anyone know when the update of GW begin?
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    Options
    My arena team reached 37000 a few weeks ago and 38000 just over a week ago and GW promptly became even more of a nightmare than it was at 36000. There were a few days that I failed to finish it for the first time in months. My top 5 toons are at about 38,600, and it is this stat that GW seems to be based on.

In the last few weeks, though, I have been able to concentrate on gearing and levelling my wider roster rather than my top 8 toons. It's still brutal and takes many hours, but it's a lot more doable than it was in those early days of 37-38000.

To give you a flavour: Daka (who is not in my arena team) at G10 now has potency of 147%, which with omega on her basic makes controlling the worst of the DPS more feasible. GS (also not in arena team) at G10 and with omega attacks is good for taking out key threats before they can move. Level 80 Barriss gives lots of extra health and recovery. These toons were not my initial priority, but now I've had a chance to work on them too, they have made a big difference.

There is some light at the end of the tunnel, basically. I finished it the last few days without having to use my arena team at all. It still took a lot of retreats, though, because every node is brutal and there will inevitably be a lot of bad RNG that leads to Rey one-shooting one of your team straight off the bat.

On days I am commuting, I enjoy the challenge. On other days, it feels like way too much investment of time. Making it the centre piece of commuting, however, is seriously undermined by the guild activity that requires you to save your GW until after 7:30pm. I have come to the conclusion that I would prefer to sacrifice the guild coins than do GW at inconvenient times
  • saberOriginal
    129 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
  • Options
    Kabbes wrote: »
    The flaw in that logic is thinking that each server has a few high powered teams and everybody else is low power. That's not how it works. Old server = high power teams. If your power is 36000+, chances are that also goes for everybody else on your server.

No, the flaw is YOUR logic and thinking everyone plays every day for hours and/or pays to play. Even if it's an old server, do you think every person who started playing kept playing every day and spent money on the game? I bet a lot stopped. That's just how games work. Some probably still play, but are casual and play once every few days or weeks is all. I doubt there are servers full of nothing but 36k+ teams. From my understanding servers are randomly populated, they aren't based on power. If they were based on power, then someone who takes a break and falls a bit behind would never be able to catch back up. That's poor game design.

On my server we have a few teams that are in the 35-36k range. They are the top 10 arena teams. After that there is a steep fall off. Everyone in the 200-500 range is around 30k. Do you have any proof that old servers have nothing but high rank, 36k+ teams? I don't have any actual data, but it doesn't seem you do either.

I'm basing this off the teams I looked up on my server. The number one player's team is 36,681. The 200th player is 32,734 as of right now. Furthermore, what makes more sense? That you guys that are 36k+ are only playing hard teams because there isn't a huge pool of players to draw from and you are the top of the top, or you are on a server full of thousands of 36k+ players and that's why you are facing them cause there is no one else to play?

Kabbes wrote: »
    My arena team reached 37000 a few weeks ago and 38000 just over a week ago and GW promptly became even more of a nightmare than it was at 36000. There were a few days that I failed to finish it for the first time in months. My top 5 toons are at about 38,600, and it is this stat that GW seems to be based on.

This further proves my point. As you go higher in power, there become less and less players for you to face that would be around your power. I am sure when I hit 80 I will still be facing roughly the same teams I am now because I am part of the general populace which makes up a huge pool. The 36k+ teams probably make up less than 10% of the player base, maybe even as low as only a few %.
  • Options
    I think it is not fun anymore playing GW. Why GW opponents need to be related to Arena squads. Now people start to use less powerful squads in Arena. It doesn't make sense.
  • saberOriginal
    129 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
  • Czert
    205 posts Member
    Options
    Jup even after making gw generaly easier, sometimes it is still hard, especialy for lvl 80 chars.
  • Options
    HAHAHAH just hit the toper power tier thing.... 34k power - 150ish pvp

last 2 gw teams rey+phasma+royal guard+5's_genosian soldier all maxed

sometimes i powered trough sometimes failed at 1 or the other tooday 11th node was phasma with rey + all the clones all maxed, they fired like 5 times per toon turn i spent hours on it kept playing/exiting, it was so unbalanced i laught out loud every 3-rd or 4th try. lower levels teams didn't even get to hit 1 time seriously why do we get such high targets while not having credits and training droids to upgrade our toons...I mean i'm all for a chalange nut this is silly...
  • Options
    oh yeah 5's was boss like loosing 5% of life countering and then assisting, rey 1 shot ppl and the clones called like 3 ppl to assist due to phasma... didn't think such a team was posible
  • saberOriginal
    129 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
  • saberOriginal
    129 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
  • saberOriginal
    129 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
  • saberOriginal
    129 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
  • saberOriginal
    129 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
  • saberOriginal
    129 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
  • brett94
    386 posts Member
    Options
    jasperC wrote: »
    Is it just me, or GW has become:

1. Too much time and effort to complete a full run
    2. The last couple of battles are ridiculously difficult
    3. Rewards are not worth the time and effort

It's just become a total drag to do it daily and no longer fun at all. What's everyone elses experience?

I made a seperate post pass or fail post your results there give them your stats and hopefully it'll be tweaked a little
  • Options
    GW is a waste of time and is also a buzz kill. This was supposed to be competitive not impossible. I hope this app dies soon so I can move on because I'm getting sick and tired of posting without any changes to GW. Please kill this app, EA doesn't deserve to have it.
  • Options
    yup i'm thinking of not doing GW any longer just stroll trough what i can and that's that, too time consuming