So today, after 56 consecutive refreshes dry, this happened

LaLiam
1589 posts Member
edited May 2016
CtR2tIc.jpg
7ZyP5Ow.jpg

After waiting and saving for so long, I could not buy a second.
{RotE}

Replies

• Options
    ****, that mk5 keypad tho!
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    LaLiam wrote: »
    CtR2tIc.jpg
    7ZyP5Ow.jpg

After waiting and saving for so long, I could not buy a second.

"How much more fun would it be to spend $1,000 to buy like 5 more?! The answer: Lots!" -E.A. Probably
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    Glad someone found some good luck. Gratz!
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    warmonkey wrote: »
    Glad someone found some good luck. Gratz!

Yes, I know your pain, it really puts you back
    {RotE}
  • Options
    Grats on falling for the trap!

Well done OP! :)
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options

Don't thank me, thank the good people at EA!
    {RotE}
  • The_Jam
    141 posts Member
    Options
    I get one popping up every couple of days probably because I buy them every time. Glad you got though bud
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    41i1zmC0WmL._SY300_.jpg
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Seeya later.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options

This^
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options

This^

I can appreciate people who stagger the process to prove a point, but these werent bought gems, there was no trap it was worth every gem and arguably more for 50 syringes + 50 unobtainables.

My dismay is that I didnt have enough for 2 after waiting so long. :)
    {RotE}
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    Grats for finally getting one! A shame you couldn't get the second
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    buying gears isnt bad if you can stockpile 400 crystals a day

#1 arena - 500 crystals
    subscription - 100 crystals
    other dailies - about 100 crystals
    total ~700 a day

do 1 cantina refresh - 100 crystals
    3 regular refresh - 200 crystals (50, 50, 100)

so 700 crystals in a day, 300 out, leaves you about 400 a day to save

after 4 days that furnace would pay for itself, and its not like they come up often so following this plan would ensure you had the crystals ready when they do pop up, and if you are earning crystals you can also sometimes splurge on other things you want to buy with them like credit pack if you really need or whatever

this is what I do at least...I know not everyone can get #1 arena everyday but if you can this method works great
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Weren't you the one saying 'f2p would never go for this' and then posting a pic of a furnace? Or am i confusing you?
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    Weren't you the one saying 'f2p would never go for this' and then posting a pic of a furnace? Or am i confusing you?

Why yes, that was me. It was 17 days ago from the post, which was the last time I saw a Furnace. (:

**edit** the title was 'a reasonible ftp would not be tempted by this'
    {RotE}
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

Why yes, that was me. It was 17 days ago from the post, which was the last time I saw a Furnace. (:

Lol. And you bought it then or...?
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options

Lol. And you bought it then or...?

I was watching it for hours, and persuaded to buy it by the forum and guildies, apparently it could be a long wait between them appearing... Lol
    {RotE}
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    if you want to advance in this game its pretty much required to buy the furnaces when they show up

if you manage your crystals and earn them instead of deplete them it makes the whole process much better
  • Options
    Is too expensive
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    Is too expensive

it would cost more than 1600 crystals in refreshes to get the pieces needed to make a furnace, plus having to wait for the raid lottery to give you the pieces as well
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    if you want to advance in this game its pretty much required to buy the furnaces when they show up

if you manage your crystals and earn them instead of deplete them it makes the whole process much better

Exactly this, its easy to save up, but so unpredictable so never know how much is needed when
    {RotE}
  • Options

Exactly this, its easy to save up, but so unpredictable so never know how much is needed when

exactly, thats why its a good idea to try and bank a few hundred crystals a day while still maintaing a lighter refresh routine to meet guild dailies and such, but only spend the crystals when you really need something. This way you can buy gears AND farm gears, its a win/win
  • Options
    Give me those Sun Fac shards! He's a nightmare to face